Author Topic: NSW Fires  (Read 96125 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: NSW Fires
« Reply #600 on: January 02, 2020, 08:17:43 AM »
Someone should tell teh Esso crew and point him out so they leave him behind and give him nothing.

Yep, leave him behind - in the middle of Bass Strait! >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Hoyks

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #601 on: January 02, 2020, 04:21:24 PM »
First rule of journalism (if that what it is!)....never gets facts get in the way of a good story.

:cheers:

2nd rule: If it bleeds, it leads.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »
Wifes sister and husband have lost their house.  Wasn't in bush either!  Fires were just too fast, too hot and too intense for anything in their paths.  Hope to hell that they are extinguished soon. Such a bad start to a new year...
Sad to hear that, mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2020, 07:57:07 PM »
Talkin to a mate at Tomakin near Mogo... Their house was saved, they are on top of a hill too.. currently they have 9 fire trucks out the front, they are using the court they live in as a staging spot and look out area..

Her brother lives down near Bermagui and it isnt looking good at all for the town, Rob believes it wont survive :(

Her brother is on his way up now and their plan b is the beach again like other day.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #604 on: January 02, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
I don’t want to start another s*&t fight but it seems our PM has taken a new liking to using the word ‘climate’, although not necessarily followed directly by ‘change’. He is also talking about hazard reduction in national parks and land zoning among other things.

Hopefully the end result will be a pragmatic approach that undoubtedly won’t satisfy those at the far left/right but will move us in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #605 on: January 02, 2020, 09:19:25 PM »
I don’t want to start another s*&t fight but it seems our PM has taken a new liking to using the word ‘climate’, although not necessarily followed directly by ‘change’. He is also talking about hazard reduction in national parks and land zoning among other things.

Hopefully the end result will be a pragmatic approach that undoubtedly won’t satisfy those at the far left/right but will move us in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After the fires are out and have been investigated the Inquiry/Summit/Commsission will be held and it will be interesting what the out come will be.  What Fire mitigation plans will be put in place and further more will they be enacted on or left pretty much ignored like they have been in Victoria regardless of it regularly burning.  Will also be interesting what changes there may be to the 'Bushfire Management and National Environment Law'

https://www.environment.gov.au/epbc/publications/factsheet-bushfire-management-and-national-environment-law

While the Bushfires are the Responsibility of the States and Territories, will there be more Federal Resources that can be made available or acquired. 

There is so much within Fire Mitigation that can be done and needs to be investigated.  My biggest concern is that it will be buried or glossed over by Climate Change.   

Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #606 on: January 02, 2020, 09:31:27 PM »

He got chased out of Cobargo today  :cup:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/go-back-to-kirribilli-morrison-heckled-by-angry-residents-in-cobargo-20200102-p53ogb.html
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #607 on: January 02, 2020, 09:42:04 PM »
Saw that on the news.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #608 on: January 02, 2020, 09:51:50 PM »
Quote from: alnjan

IMWO - HIs actions were far too late - although the state leaders should have a good kicking too.. But HE should have taken initiative when he saw Shit going down as it was

and I still cant get over the holiday... same with the NSW disaster minster pissing off to London few days ago.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #609 on: January 02, 2020, 10:11:29 PM »
IMWO - HIs actions were far too late - although the state leaders should have a good kicking too.. But HE should have taken initiative when he saw Shit going down as it was

and I still cant get over the holiday... same with the NSW disaster minster pissing off to London few days ago.

Maybe, but maybe more a case of going under the radar of media right from the start.  He was at a lot of the earlier NSW fires with the NSW Premier making sure things were being down.  He was also there without the Premier.  He just did it without the media circus unlike the other bloke that is looking for media shots.  Do you want a PM quietly going about doing things, making sure things are in place when needed?  Or  some bloke trying to be popular?
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #610 on: January 03, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
Story goes they were in a convoy of 4 trucks... heading out to the field. Driver decided it was too dangerous, so crew leader called convoy to turn back
They started turning around as did 2 trucks behind them.

2 trucks behind them had their brake lines MELT.... they were in Shit..
first truck made it past other 2, as did last to safety

2nd nad 3rd trucks had to sit out the storm - their trucks catching fire..
when safe to - they donned the BA and made for the 3rd truck to find it brakes locked too

both crews then BA and headed up the road to an RFS tanker and then onto control point for checking and met up with other tanker crews.

not sure wat happened to 4th truck - but all were safe in the end.

The Team have done a little Facebook vid saying what happened. 

https://www.facebook.com/frnsw/videos/2647486995338740/UzpfSTE0NzcyNTA1MTY6MTAyMjEyNjQxMTQ3NDA1NDY/
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #611 on: January 03, 2020, 07:43:51 AM »
After initially ****ing up massively being too slow and clumsy - I reckon that the 2 state leaders deserve a pat on the back and a beer for getting their Shit together

Nothing like this has ever happened and lets hope nothing like this or close to this ever happens again - but there will be lessons learned by so many, local councils, all emergency services, local gov, state gov, Feds, the works.

its a shame that Shit like this has to happen to learn.

Listening to one of the pollys that lives near Malua Bay I think it was who lived through the nightmare, he was saying on tele this morning when asked about the Cobargo locals giving ScoMo a GTFO of town message,  he said that he hadnt had a phone call from Morrison and didnt even know he was coming, - and that morrison got what he deserved...  :cup: :cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #612 on: January 03, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
After initially ****ing up massively being too slow and clumsy - I reckon that the 2 state leaders deserve a pat on the back and a beer for getting their Shit together

Nothing like this has ever happened and lets hope nothing like this or close to this ever happens again - but there will be lessons learned by so many, local councils, all emergency services, local gov, state gov, Feds, the works.

Listening to one of the pollys that lives near Malua Bay I think it was who lived through the nightmare, he was saying on tele this morning when asked about the Cobargo locals giving ScoMo a GTFO of town message,  he said that he hadnt had a phone call from Morrison and didnt even know he was coming, - and that morrison got what he deserved...  :cup: :cup:
Just saw an interview with the Victorian Premiere, he was asked if Scomo and the Federal Govtt were doing enough, his reply, yes, in constant contact with the PM and  that he has offered considerable assets and services.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #613 on: January 03, 2020, 08:01:11 AM »

Don't know what people expect him to do, it's not like he struck the match.
Damned if he doesn't turn up & damned when he does.
I'm not a big supporter, but reckon a fair bit of the flak he cops is purely because of his beliefs.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #614 on: January 03, 2020, 08:02:30 AM »
While the Bushfires are the Responsibility of the States and Territories, will there be more Federal Resources that can be made available or acquired. 

Yes, they are State problems, but need to be dealt with as a National cross-border matter.

We need to get rid of the maps that show this fire burning right up to a dead straight line that happens to be the border.

The large aircraft should also be owned by the Fed Govt, so they can be sent where needed instantly, not after discussions between state govt's.
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #615 on: January 03, 2020, 08:14:08 AM »
Talkin to a mate at Tomakin near Mogo... Their house was saved, they are on top of a hill too.. currently they have 9 fire trucks out the front, they are using the court they live in as a staging spot and look out area..

Her brother lives down near Bermagui and it isnt looking good at all for the town, Rob believes it wont survive :(

Her brother is on his way up now and their plan b is the beach again like other day.
Photos from outside mates place.. you'd feel a bit safer living on top of a hill with these boys using your house as a lookout frmo top of the hill!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #616 on: January 03, 2020, 10:26:34 AM »
Moruya bridge looking north

https://www.facebook.com/pg/braidwoodbugle/photos/?ref=page_internal
From teh Braidwood Bugle
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #617 on: January 03, 2020, 10:49:47 AM »
Harvey Norman in Batemans Bay teamed up with Meals on Wheels have put free food in freezers out the front for people..  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

'ANYONE URGENTLY NEEDING A MEAL?? Meals on Wheels have placed frozen meals out the front of our store for anyone in need. Help yourself 🥰
And don't forget to call in for a free coffee, we are also streaming the news live and can charge up your phones and powerbanks.'

how awesome are some people
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1444256279100563&set=a.115287841997420&type=3&theater&ifg=1
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #618 on: January 03, 2020, 12:33:24 PM »

But will they learn ?
There was a royal commission after the 1939 Vic bushfires.
There was another after the black Saturday fires of 2009.

Did they implement anything from these ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #619 on: January 03, 2020, 01:04:49 PM »
Wondered how long it would take for this Shit to happen.

Man arrested after allegedly stealing from evacuated home

A man has been arrested after a car and valuables were stolen from a vacant home about 110km south-east of Wagga Wagga.

About 3.30pm yesterday a man broke into a rural property on Old Tumbarumba Road at Batlow. The home was unoccupied at the time because the residents had evacuated the property due to bushfire activity.

The man allegedly searched through the house before stealing a Ford Falcon sedan.

A short time later, officers from Riverina Police District saw the vehicle driving erratically along Old Tumbarumba Road.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #621 on: January 03, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
Hmmm,
Best post today in our Ratepayers and Business owners group was from a Leftie, ex depty mayor, that Morrison Does Not deserve the criticism.
People needs to calm down.

Bird,
Nick Ritar is the name of the clown  that was bagging Esso,
He was just on ABC NEWS again being evacuated on the Navy Ship, still having ago at the goverment.
His words,
'We are Australia's first Cilmate Change Refugees'
WTF?
No Dickhead, you are camper on holidays that thought better than the people who told you to leave a few days ago.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:43:14 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #622 on: January 03, 2020, 04:58:31 PM »

Nick Ritar is the name of the clown  that was bagging Esso,
He was just on ABC NEWS again being evacuated on the Navy Ship, still having ago at the goverment.
His words,
'We are Australia's first Cilmate Change Refugees'
WTF?
No Dickhead, you are camper on holidays that thought better than the people who told you to leave a few days ago.

Wonder how he got there?
Drove there using than filthly Esso petrol by chance??
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #623 on: January 03, 2020, 05:05:31 PM »
Wonder how he got there?
Drove there using than filthly Esso petrol by chance??
He might drive a Prius ;)

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #624 on: January 03, 2020, 05:48:16 PM »
He might drive a Prius ;)
whats it made of ...and hows that made.... I'd say by eating lots of licorice LMAO
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home