Author Topic: MDC campers and vans.  (Read 15453 times)

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
Re: MDC campers and vans.
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
Their market is low to mid priced range, but you would still expect a product to be reasonable quality, in a sense. Regarding issues, there is the person who has them and then the staff say it’s the customers fault, somewhere in the middle is the truth as they say.

Another thing I find amusing is the way they get the All 4 Adv guys to punish them on their trips and then promote them as tough vans. If you or I did that to them I bet we would be critised for treating the product too rough and void all warranty.

But if it helps sell their products so be it.

Personally would never have one even for free, due to the arrogance of the owner.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia
The following users thanked this post: wakychapmans

Offline SEADOO

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2018, 06:54:11 AM »
The thing I dislike about MDC, AusRv or whatever they become, is their activity in groups, especially on Facebook. If someone posts up an issue that has been on going then they are criticised, made to feel like an idiot etc and that comes from the owner of the business. He has a group of people that will tear any one apart if they complain on social media.

Yes they have a large market share but so has Jayco and you never see the owner of jayco bagging their customers.

Mark

There is a dude on a shonky caravan group that questioned the integrity of Lifestyle camper trailers saying they are imported and not Australian made. He stole some photos from the Internet and said his piece. As soon as MDC was mentioned, he blocked those members. I said he was a ball bag and he was full of sh1t. As the owner of my 3rd lifestyle, I can vouch that they are made here, except for one that they admit is imported to remain competitive. I am now blocked too.

They have a pin agressive marketing campaign and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some under the table payments to people to defend them via social media.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
There is a dude on a shonky caravan group that questioned the integrity of Lifestyle camper trailers saying they are imported and not Australian made. He stole some photos from the Internet and said his piece. As soon as MDC was mentioned, he blocked those members. I said he was a ball bag and he was full of sh1t. As the owner of my 3rd lifestyle, I can vouch that they are made here, except for one that they admit is imported to remain competitive. I am now blocked too.

They have a pin agressive marketing campaign and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some under the table payments to people to defend them via social media.

Yes he is the admin. He is in bed with MDC.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Love our MDCXT12
Had a couple issues that were quickly and promptly fixed.
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »
Sorry everybody, & not trying to stir up a s@#$ storm ;D, but I can see this discussion rapidly turning into another "They Who Must Not Be Named" :'(

Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday
The following users thanked this post: wakychapmans