Author Topic: Husqvarna 120I battery Chainsaw  (Read 5677 times)

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
Husqvarna 120I battery Chainsaw
« on: June 04, 2020, 03:44:08 PM »
I recently bought a Husqvarna 120i Battery Chainsaw,  purely for travelling, ( I have a couple of Sthil saws and a husky in petrol for when required) I didn't want to have to carry 2 stroke fuel inside the canopy. It was bought to cut firewood  to suit the flatpack firepit and  the occasionally tree accross the track, anyway heres a link to a video I did,

https://youtu.be/leugFYpc8uA

https://youtu.be/ETzJT1bnmiA

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:46:18 PM by britts »

Offline Straitened Out

• Tent User
  • Out in the straits.
Re: Husqvarna 120I battery Chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:14:41 PM »
I've had one for a while now - good gear! The 12v charger you can purchase will also come in handy when travelling.
Cheers
S.O.

I wonder what the poor people are doing?

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 06:47:44 PM »
I've had one for a while now - good gear! The 12v charger you can purchase will also come in handy when travelling.
Cheers
S.O.
Certainly does, the dealer optioned mine with the 12v charger instead of the 240v for me,

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:42 AM »
We've got the Ryobi version https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-one-18v-cordless-chainsaw-skin-only_p3380992, which so far we've only used round the back yard on stuff up to ~4-6", & no dramas at all 8)
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »
Yeah have the Ryobi too. Surprisingly good for the money. Always regret not picking up an ego one when masters was closing . I know a few on here did. I’ve since purchased ego wipper snipers and brush cutters and there battery tech is sensational .
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
FWIW with the ryobi I don’t use bar oil but carry a can of spray oil . I find the cheaper saws with “wick” systems for bar lube over “oil pump “ systems leak and make a mess when not in use.

Jim

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 12:48:55 PM »
FWIW with the ryobi I don’t use bar oil but carry a can of spray oil

Just WD40 or similar & you spray the chain / bar ???

leak and make a mess when not in use.

Certainly does :'( :-[, & Ryobi actually says to empty the oil tank when you're finished with the saw!
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »
I got the 80V Victa branded saw on clearance from Bunnings, which is the same saw as the ego. Perfect camping saw and a bit larger than some battery saws. I use one of these to keep the storage bag dry without having to drain the oil, the saw does leak but not much. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chainsaw-Plastic-Carrier-Tray-With-Strap-STOPS-Oil-Leaking-Bag-Carry-Case-Big/233184905060?hash=item364ae74764:g:VdIAAOSwWsNcoVou&frcectupt=true
Defender 90 towing AussieSwag Ultra D

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
So far no leaks on the Husky

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 02:31:10 PM »
FWIW with the ryobi I don’t use bar oil but carry a can of spray oil . I find the cheaper saws with “wick” systems for bar lube over “oil pump “ systems leak and make a mess when not in use.
It's not only the cheap ones!
A mate has a high end unit and it leaks within a day of being used then  cleaned!
NOT HAPPY JAN!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Jwb

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Cooking oil , must be extra virgin though

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »
I got the 80V Victa branded saw on clearance from Bunnings, which is the same saw as the ego. Perfect camping saw and a bit larger than some battery saws. I use one of these to keep the storage bag dry without having to drain the oil, the saw does leak but not much. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chainsaw-Plastic-Carrier-Tray-With-Strap-STOPS-Oil-Leaking-Bag-Carry-Case-Big/233184905060?hash=item364ae74764:g:VdIAAOSwWsNcoVou&frcectupt=true

You aware of this https://www.productsafety.gov.au/system/files/recall/Recall%20advertisement%2080V.pdf

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 05:01:23 PM »

Ego stuff is 56v With replaceable battery
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:03:41 PM by achjimmy »

Jim

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »

Cooking oil , must be extra virgin though

Made from extra ugly olives?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 05:43:04 PM »
You aware of this https://www.productsafety.gov.au/system/files/recall/Recall%20advertisement%2080V.pdf

I wasn't thanks! I registered the purchase with Victa, would have thought they would have been in touch, I'll take it up with them.

And you are right the Victa is the same as the Greenworks stuff, not the Ego, my bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:55:39 PM by filcar »

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
I decided to buy the Ozito battery chainsaw. They have a 5 year Replacement on the machine and 3 Year on the battery. I will flog the guts out of it . For the price very happy.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bkim

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 12:24:26 AM »
I decided to buy the Ozito battery chainsaw. They have a 5 year Replacement on the machine and 3 Year on the battery. I will flog the guts out of it . For the price very happy"

Hi Mark
I have one and also a friend of mine has one as well, both are now over a year old and done a far bit of yard work still going strong so far with no battery issues, his leaks a very small amount of chain oil and mine doesn't, don't know what brand of chain oil he uses, but I have been using penrite which I already had been using in my petrol Stihl.

It's great for smaller jobs, just pull it out, check the chain oil, attach battery and your away, no fueling up and starting the engine! recently been cutting 200mm mango branches
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:29:23 AM by bkim »

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »
I,ve a Milwaukee with 2 x 12 amp batteries. 18 volt and I,ve cut wood up to 400mm.  Does it easy and although not a patch on the old petrol Husky the battery operated saws are a big bonus for campers. Especially with the 12 volt battery charger.  No more 2 stroke oil/petrol and 1 litre bottle of bar oil lasts a long time.  My saw does not leak bar oil either when not in use. :cheers:
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 08:03:48 AM »
I,ve a Milwaukee with 2 x 12 amp batteries. 18 volt and I,ve cut wood up to 400mm.  Does it easy and although not a patch on the old petrol Husky the battery operated saws are a big bonus for campers. Especially with the 12 volt battery charger.  No more 2 stroke oil/petrol and 1 litre bottle of bar oil lasts a long time.  My saw does not leak bar oil either when not in use. :cheers:

Awesome it doesn’t leak , that’s the Shit part with ryobi but then  big difference between ryobi and Milwaukee stuff even though the same company !

Jim

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2020, 08:22:00 PM »
Have heard good things regards the Milwaukee

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »
I wasn't thanks! I registered the purchase with Victa, would have thought they would have been in touch, I'll take it up with them.

And you are right the Victa is the same as the Greenworks stuff, not the Ego, my bad.

80V saw too old and not repairable apparently, so Victa (Briggs and Stratton) are coming to the party with a new 82V chainsaw pack. Happy with that.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
Awesome it doesn’t leak , that’s the Shit part with ryobi but then  big difference between ryobi and Milwaukee stuff even though the same company !

Did not know that.  You learn something every day.

Just found this on the net that describes the basic difference..I,ve used a lot of Techtroniic test gear as a technician but even then I was unaware of Ryobi and Milwaukee being part of the company...

30-Second Summary of Ryobi vs. Milwaukee

Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by Hong Kong based manufacturing company Techtronic Industries. Although they share the same parent company, Ryobi and Milwaukee are not the same; in fact, their positioning in the market is very different.

Ryobi is known for making professional-grade tools that are high-quality yet affordable. Their target market is homeowners and professionals looking for a lower cost option without sacrificing performance. Ryobi drills are reliable and high-performing but come with fewer features, which allows them to keep their prices low.

Milwaukee builds its products primarily for professional users while keeping homeowners in mind. Milwaukee drills come with extra features, more speed, and longer runtimes to fulfill the needs of professional and extreme DIYers; however, those extras come with a higher price tag.

Bottom line—if you’re on a budget and you need a drill to do small jobs around the house, Ryobi is your best option. If you’re planning to use your drill for more than just the occasional household project, spending a little more for Milwaukee’s extra features are worth it.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 12:45:08 PM »