Author Topic: The Random Question of the Day Thread...  (Read 326356 times)

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: The Random Question of the Day Thread...
« Reply #1975 on: July 02, 2022, 06:41:14 AM »
Strange.

So last Wednesday I tested + to Covid...

Today - still feeling average and coughing up lots of Shit.. Son is in same boat.

So I RAtested today ... still + or I'm pregnant.. but now I'm out of isolation and can live life to the fullest, or am I reading the website wrong?

Not trying to start war like the last thread, but those that have had it - how long did you test + for after copping it?

Pretty sure you have to do 7 days ISO from the point you test posistive. After that you are free to roam. You will test positive for a while, Leesa was 3 days as she needed a negative test to return to her work with the athletes. At home the two positive cases are still showing some signs after 5 weeks, they are slowly getting back to normal. Only small things, otherwise are fine

GG

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1976 on: July 02, 2022, 08:46:06 AM »
I'll post here to avoid a new thread.

Some years ago, someone posted a link/website, whereby you can get squillions of spam inundated to a particular email address.

Is this still workable & does anyone remember the site?

Reason i ask, is i get 20+ emails a day wanting to manage my "social media/website" even though i dont have it. I have created countless rules in outlook to delete these messages, but they keep coming day after day after f#$%&g day. Most at least go to junk so easy to delete, but i want some retribution.

Anyone remember the site or have a workable solution
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1977 on: July 08, 2022, 09:29:25 AM »
are people here still testing + to Covid, or am I just Shit out of luck...  Feel like death...
stilll feeling like Shit..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1978 on: July 09, 2022, 11:52:24 AM »
stilll feeling like Shit..

I have a few friends that have tested + to it and have been very sick. They have been still suffering a couple of months after from the side effects, so ya not onya pat malone there. Monitor you your heart rate for how you're going if you have a heart rate monitor and if you don't get one, because they are a great addition to track your health with. I have a $30 Aldi one that I've had for over 2rys and it is/has been as good as the one that my Dr uses.  :cup:

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1979 on: July 09, 2022, 07:20:30 PM »
Foo,
Saw your reply to Jillsy in, What I am Grateful for,
You mentioned to monitor your heart rate.
Please educate me, why?
I've had Covid, I've had 3 of the vaccines.
Getting Covid was far worse than the vaccine.
What does your heart rate have to do with covid.
I'd like to know to help others.
Cheers
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1980 on: July 09, 2022, 08:16:14 PM »
Foo,
Saw your reply to Jillsy in, What I am Grateful for,
You mentioned to monitor your heart rate.
Please educate me, why?
I've had Covid, I've had 3 of the vaccines.
Getting Covid was far worse than the vaccine.
What does your heart rate have to do with covid.
I'd like to know to help others.
Cheers

Your bpm will tell you how you're travelling with your recovery = the one thing that will always tell you if you're body is travelling well. This is why anyone that competes in sport at a high level, will always know that things are good or not right and the same applies to normal people that aren't into sport or fitness.  ;)

I watch what my heart does when training or racing and knowing what it's readings should be at certain levels of exertion, tells me if I'm okay or not.

Reading what others have gone through when they have had the beer virus + what Drs have also stated with the recovery progress with this virus has also confirmed that your body will show you if you really have gotten over it.  ;)

I hope this sort of explains my view on it, because whenever I've been crook, my heart rate has also shown that things aren't right.  :)

Foo
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1981 on: July 09, 2022, 08:21:31 PM »
Thank you.
I appreciate it.
You've explained it well.
Cheers.
The following users thanked this post: Foo

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1982 on: July 09, 2022, 08:40:23 PM »
Your bpm will tell you how you're travelling with your recovery = the one thing that will always tell you if you're body is travelling well. This is why anyone that competes in sport at a high level, will always know that things are good or not right and the same applies to normal people that aren't into sport or fitness.  ;)

I watch what my heart does when training or racing and knowing what it's readings should be at certain levels of exertion, tells me if I'm okay or not.

Reading what others have gone through when they have had the beer virus + what Drs have also stated with the recovery progress with this virus has also confirmed that your body will show you if you really have gotten over it.  ;)

I hope this sort of explains my view on it, because whenever I've been crook, my heart rate has also shown that things aren't right.  :)

Foo

So, for a person that has no idea, and doesn’t do any sport, what does the heart rate do when things aren’t right ??
Yesterday and today I have come down with some sort of flu…not covid…but my heart rate “seems” normal ?
Does it go up…or down ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1983 on: July 09, 2022, 09:08:48 PM »
So, for a person that has no idea, and doesn’t do any sport, what does the heart rate do when things aren’t right ??
Yesterday and today I have come down with some sort of flu…not covid…but my heart rate “seems” normal ?
Does it go up…or down ?

It will become elevated.  ;) This is why, you should monitor your heart rate over a week or couple of days. Take it when you get out of bed, when sitting and chilling out, when at work and then you will see patterns for when your body becomes stressed.

My resting rate is never below 70bpm now but when I'm racing and well into the hurt locker, it can be 205bpm and freaks youngins out but I have the same answer from Drs when they ask........What does it do when you stop this effort? It starts going back down and they respond with..... Well that good and nothing to worry about and that also showed on the stress test for when they thought that I had a heart attack in November of last year. :o  It turned out to be, well this is what they think, a piece of crap that let go from a blockage in a blood vessel. I was monitoring my blood pressure when this happened and it was within my normal resting range, so I wasn't thinking what they were. My calcium score was 1 and that's out of 100, which meant all of my arteries were stupidly good for someone of my age.  ;D

Hope this gives you a slight insight of what and how your heart can show, if you have followed or studied what goes on.

Foo

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1984 on: July 10, 2022, 09:14:19 AM »
After a serious bout of pneumonia and myocarditis many years ago I now have an ectopic heartbeat, (a heartbeat triggered by the wrong chamber of the heart) These were controlled by a beta blocker for probably 10 years and then I was weaned of the drugs, I still get them but in no where near the numbers a day, sometimes up to 500 times. It’s a weird sensation like an additional beat right on top of the proceeding beat, gives a bit of a thump but it is in fact a half beat.
Not overly dangerous unless your getting into the thousands a day, then they will have crack at finding the source and cauterising the trigger.
Strangely I am aware of increased beats when I am getting unwell with a cold or flu and they are more prevalent during the illnesses duration.
Like the song says “listen to your heart”.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1985 on: July 15, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »
What is the solution to all these building companies going toes up.... there are 100's of people shattered after becoming victims..

It cant solely be the price of materials.... with some owing $17 million....

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/other-industries/hotondo-homes-horsham-sydney-developer-merhis-group-collapse-amid-construction-crisis/news-story/54d90e1105d6a27af8146709d86b217a
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1986 on: July 15, 2022, 04:41:00 PM »
Sadly I don’t think they will be the last, fixed price contracts, material delays, loss of trades, covid delays, tightening labour market, rising interest rates it’s all adding up to a real cluster f…k.
When we built 40 plus years ago we paid a deposit and the balance on completion, when we built our. Investment properties we paid a deposit and partial payments on four occasions during construction and the final payment on hand over. Where’s the money going?
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1987 on: July 15, 2022, 08:02:23 PM »
Agree with Pottsy,
Now Contracts are worth nothing.
Being a Soletrader, having a 14 day(on all invoices, which I am legally allowed in NSW), means diddly Squat these days.
Bloody legal system costs.
The system is stacked against the honest bloke.
I'm still playing catchup from last year from a bloke who knew how to play the system.

Offline Brij

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1988 on: July 16, 2022, 08:39:56 AM »
It's almost a perfect storm.
Wet weather making jobs harder, needing more hardstand areas created on site ($), or alternatively making the site a quagmire  with increase in job difficult even if only minor ($).
Labour hard to get, and if you can get it the average skill level seems to have dropped and reworks are increased, or contractors are so stretched they are just doing enough at one site to satisfy one squeaky wheel prime contractor out of trouble then on to the next prime contractor, without actually achieving good, efficient work flow, so increasing costs.
Timber shortage (appears same issue worldwide), brick shortage (for quite sometime, but probably more so with some manufacturers closing due high gas prices), and these are really just the high volume component shortages. Is amazing how many items, or parts of items, were made in Ukrain which are now hard to source.
Time blow outs add costs to builders in overdraft payments, which of course are increased due to interest rate increases.

But how do builders put their prices up mid contract?
Even if their contracts allowed this, how is the customer going to fund a 25% cost increase when all their other personal costs are increasing as well?
They refinance?
 But can they? Probaly already stretched to limit due to "splurging" on their dream house.
So what happens when customer can't pay? .........

Everyone loses. :'(
NX Pajero
NJ Pajero (semi retired  to firewood harvesting duties)
Home made camper

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1989 on: July 16, 2022, 10:09:46 AM »
What I can’t quite understand is how does the customer lose out on a partially built home when the builder goes belly up ?
Sure, they have a house 1/2 built, but if they have only paid for 1/2 of it, don’t they own 1/2 a house ? Or does the builder own the house until final payment ? Or is it more that the owner has to find more money to finish it….or find someone to finish it ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1990 on: July 16, 2022, 11:13:31 AM »
Quote from: gronk
What I can’t quite understand is how does the customer lose out on a partially built home when the builder goes belly up ?
Sure, they have a house 1/2 built, but if they have only paid for 1/2 of it, don’t they own 1/2 a house ? Or does the builder own the house until final payment ? Or is it more that the owner has to find more money to finish it….or find someone to finish it ?
Interesting question on who owns it until final payment... hadnt thought of that one. Would it be the  builder as you dont get 'the keys' until the end ???

but some of them dont have 1/2 a home... just a block of land marked out and deposit gone.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1991 on: July 16, 2022, 12:09:50 PM »
Interesting question on who owns it until final payment... hadnt thought of that one. Would it be the  builder as you dont get 'the keys' until the end ???

but some of them dont have 1/2 a home... just a block of land marked out and deposit gone.

You do not own the property until final payment and handover, you do however own the land if this has been done on a seperate transaction which has been settled, progress payments don’t give you ownership.
That is how I understand it but I ain’t a lawyer.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1992 on: July 16, 2022, 12:41:58 PM »
You do not own the property until final payment and handover, you do however own the land if this has been done on a seperate transaction which has been settled, progress payments don’t give you ownership.
yea thats how i understand it
I asked these blokes
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1993 on: July 16, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »

If the building is 1/2 finished and you’ve paid 1/2 the price….????
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1994 on: July 25, 2022, 05:22:23 PM »
Why do people fix a 750mm double towel rail to a gyprock wall with wallmate plugs, instead of finding a stud?
I have attended to about 12 properties now, same project home builder, who have installed rails the same way.
Put two towels, slightly wet and they will pull out. Same as toilet roll holders, Not fixed to studs.
Note, second picture, someone had try to fix the one in the ensuite themselves.
Oh well, guess it's more work for me fixing it.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1995 on: July 25, 2022, 08:32:34 PM »
Hi,
    Pfft! Not as dramatic as a tumble dryer.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1996 on: July 25, 2022, 09:27:24 PM »
Haven't they heard of gravity toggles ?
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1997 on: July 26, 2022, 06:39:27 AM »
Hi,
    Pfft! Not as dramatic as a tumble dryer.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
True, :O

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1998 on: July 26, 2022, 06:43:03 AM »
Haven't they heard of gravity toggles ?
Some of the methods used are just, well it beggers belief.
2700 vertical blinds, 2400 wide,  attached to 42x12 arc that is fixed with 32mm brads every 600mm and a bit of liquid nails.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1999 on: July 26, 2022, 07:30:28 AM »
and a bit of liquid nails.

You had me worried till you said that! >:D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday