Author Topic: Aussie Road & Track Camper (shippshape), thoughts?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Pebble

• Soft Floor Camper User
Aussie Road & Track Camper (shippshape), thoughts?
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:27:08 PM »
Just came across this:
http://www.shippshape.com.au/camper%20trailer/index.htm
http://www.aussietrailers.com.au/
We're nowhere near buying a camper stage but we're always keeping an eye open for what our next ideal set up is going to be.

Haven't seen much info apart from the Shippshape roof top tents (could be my inadequate googling skills though). The shippshape camper trailer seems to be along the lines of the Stockman Pod camper. Just curious if anyone has had one and thoughts in general?
2015 LC Dual Cab
2017 Trakmaster Gibson

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Aussie Road & Track Camper (shippshape), thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:16:45 AM »
Interesting design idea of many that you see out & about . It would really catch the breese when set up  ;D
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Pebble

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »
Yeah not sure I'm a fan of the tent set up. But as a trailer to pull behind it could be an option.
Lol on the other hand we like the idea of an Ultimate Xtrx but who doesn't! It's a hell of a lot of money though.

Just tossing around our thoughts and ideas at the moment, I don't think we have much of an idea of which way we want to go in regards to camping. It's hard when you haven't been doing it much lately and yet have to factor in what you want to do in the future vs what you will probably actually get to do, and do you look beyond when the kids leave home etc etc!

We have owned a few campers in the past, the benchmark is probably set pretty high because the first was a really cheap one but the second and third was an Adventure Pilbara and an All Terrain. Naturally for the next one you look for something even better or different again lol, even though the All Terrain was pretty much spot on for us at the time.

The reason we're looking towards lighter weight is that my Husband isn't 100% impressed with the power he's getting out of the new petrol jeep wrangler. Mind you he's owned Brunswics Chev vehicles and TD Toyota's in the past.
2015 LC Dual Cab
2017 Trakmaster Gibson

Offline Pebble

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
Ohhh my Husband sent a few questions to road and track and got this reply...

Im sorry but our situation has changed and we sold the camper company last year , since then we have been selling off all our remaining stock with the second last camper just delivered to Sydney yesterday and currently we only have one left .
2015 LC Dual Cab
2017 Trakmaster Gibson