Author Topic: Overnighter  (Read 4059 times)

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
Overnighter
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
If any locals are interested, SWMBO and I are haveing an overnight camp this Saturday. I believe, but could be wrong, the area is called Richardsons Bend on the Murray River, turn off at distribution centre on Hume highway near Wodonga and then right off the lh bend in road near dist centre onto dirt?, then down to the river and find a spot. These directions are clear as mud I know, but any locals will get the drift. Anyone interested is most welcome , I will be in my Cub and Terracan.
It will only be a short getaway due to work etc, I plan on heading there early Sat morning and leaving sometime Sun arvo.

Cheers Shane
06 Terracan, 2010 cub kamperoo brumby

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Overnighter
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »
That is about a 3 min from our place.  Some nice spots along the river.  The river is still high but not flooding so it should be good.  Unfortunately we are going to Canberra early Sat and wont be home until Sunday evening so can't join you but hope you have a great time. 
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »
That's a shame Dave but thanks, I'm sure we will have a nice time.

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »
Saturday arvo I am driving back from Melbourne to Canberra with the camper I will see if we can stop in for the night, no promises but it would be a break in the trip if it works out and I dont get delayed in Melb.  Are you able to give a few more directions just in case.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »
Hi Wil, try this link to google maps.
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;ll=-36.055275,146.741982&amp;spn=0.03074,0.054846&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe>
<small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;ll=-36.055275,146.741982&amp;spn=0.03074,0.054846&amp;z=14&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map[/url]</small>
Hope the link worked. If not google map Barnawartha North
Turn right onto Murray Valley hwy at Barnawartha North(logic centre), turn right onto Richardsons Rd. I'm waiting for an email from a mate with the rest of the directions, I have only been there once and that was some time ago, so I will post them as soon as I get them. Or Dave (Fivid) might be able to help more as he lives there.........Dave?.........PLEASE?.......
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:15:21 PM by poppasmurf »

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
I was just looking at google maps myself and I think you follow Richarsons rd all the way, it makes a 90 degree right keep going and follow it into the river reserve. We will be ther somewhere.
Directions from my mate as follows,
turn off hume hwy at logic centre(Barnawartha North) and follow murray valley hwy. Through roundabout then as murray valley hwy sweeps left turn right onto old barnawartha rd (there is a rest stop there). Take 2nd left onto kings rd then 2nd right onto geerings rd, then 1st left onto moss rd. Follow track and turn left at T, keep river on your rhs as you follow track. Hopefully we will get the beach site, if not we will be around that area.
I hope thats not too confusing wil.

Cheers Shane
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:36:32 PM by poppasmurf »

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »
Pitty you cant make it to Whroo .
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Fivid

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:40:48 PM »
Your last set of directions looks good to me.  I was actually thinking of another campsite which is in a similar area where the Indigo creek joins the Murray....  Just back to your original directions...  It is a right turn if heading south or left if heading north on the freeway.  Not much option really as it is a T type intersection, just has on and off ramps seeing as it intersects with the freeway.
 :cheers:
http://www.trailtrack4x4.com/

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »
We had a very pleasant time for a quick overnight stay. Tracey and I got there about 10:30 and after setting up spent the rest of the arvo fishing and swimming, with a coldie or several. About 4:00 Mr and Mrs areyonga arrived. It was great to add some more faces to names, and be able to help a fellow Swagger by breaking up the long trip home. We had an unexpected visit from some freinds of ours for a couple of hours and then spent a very pleasant time with just the four of us sitting around a small fire chatting.
I hope the rest of your trip home was safe guys. We are so pleased to have met you and made some more friends.
Here are a couple of pics of the area and the all important camper and Myswaggers.

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
Maybe next time for me to Poppa smurf, I'm already booked out. Be sure to post anymore of these trips up  ;D

:cheers:
Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
Looks like a very relaxing trip for all , nice spot you found would love to check it out . Thanks for the pics  :cup: :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust