Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1979 times)

Offline brooke.fossey

• Learning the Ropes
  • Tapatalk User
Hi everyone
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
Hi from Brissy

I'm new to this forum and forums in general. My husband and I have been avid campers and hikers all our lives. We have always been basic campers, just a tent, mattress and sleeping bags with minimal fuss. We now have a beautiful eight month old daughter and another one on the way. We are taking number 1 on our first camping trip next weekend and we are really looking forward to it,  even though we are a little nervous. 

If it goes smoothly,  we are looking to get a camper trailer early next year. We are looking at a number of different options and we are leaning towards a rear folding hard floor trailer. Given our budget, we can't get the ones we really like but think we have found a supplier that feels right. They import the trailer body only and do everything else here. They seem genuine and are happy to take us around the factory so fingers crossed it is a decent off roader. The only sticking point at the moment is getting the hubs changed to be the same as our car. I'm sure that we can have it doen after market but would prefer it to be done straight up.

Well enough about me. 

scarpsD40

Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »
Howdy brooke.fossey and family, welcome to the gang. Enjoy the ride and feel free to ask questions as needed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:35:24 PM by scarpsD40 »

KingBilly

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
G'day and welcome.  Glad to have you onboard.  Good luck with the CT purchase.

Happy camping
KB

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:36 PM »
.......The only sticking point at the moment is getting the hubs changed to be the same as our car. I'm sure that we can have it doen after market but would prefer it to be done straight up....

Hi brooke, and welcome to the forum.

Be aware that changing hubs on imported trailers can sometimes be problematic.
If they won't do it for you as part of the purchase, I'd take that as a sign....

:cheers:
Geoff

Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
Welcome to Myswag,

If you would like to meet lots of fellow MySwaggers, get ya backside to the 2015 Nat Meet at Rainbow Beach.
Check it out in the Trips, Tracks, Touring and Reports section. Towards the top of the page.  :cheers:
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.