Author Topic: Forward Fold to Gazebo Gutter Mod Ideas  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Pedrocq

• Learning the Ropes
Forward Fold to Gazebo Gutter Mod Ideas
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:42:30 PM »
Hi Myswaggers,

I'm almost certainly making the upgrade from tent to trailer early next year. The only thing that I don't love is the annex setup. Every model I've seen looks time consuming, not bad for a long stay but too much for even a long weekend if you ask me.

I reckon I'd be happy to set up my gazebo instead for short stays, I wonder if anyone's had ideas for how to easily gutter between the tent and gazebo?
Free-love on the free-love freeway! Fact.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Forward Fold to Gazebo Gutter Mod Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
Some people use 40ft sq tarps and 20 ropes/poles to cover the whole gig, but that takes longer than an annexe.

Yes they do take time, 15-20 mins - but its well worth it for a long weekend or more... Quicker once you do it a few times, and even quicker if you have help - depending on teh trailer type/size etc.

Some trailers you can leave the annexe on there and just fold it over the top of the tent when packing up (thats how mine is) which saves alot of time.

Which make/model of trailer are you thinking about?.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 04:17:41 PM »
A bit of material/canvas with velcro along one edge that attaches to where the awning normally would, and attaches like the Oztrail Gazebo gutter does to the gazebo should do it, The biggest issue is that they often don't deal well with rain and end up pooling and then breaking. That can probably be dealt with though with some Gazebo savers though, but you will still need to make sure the whole thing is well secured.

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 12:43:23 PM »
Some of these import trailers have a stupid amount of poles/ropes, on my old dingo i can get away with 4 poles and ropes which takes no more than 10mins max.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 01:28:20 PM »
My Forward fold main annex is easy to set up. The wife and I have it all done minus the ropes and pegs in about 10 mins.

I leave the main annex zipped onto the trailer, use the three upright poles, 3 hook poles from trailer to the upright ones and 2 spreaders between the 3 uprights. it is then free standing, I then just rope it down latter on.

Its much easer than carting a 6x3 gazebo around ( for me anyway) and its a bloody great space.

I admit the first couple of times took us a while. But once I decided to leave it zipped on and we worked out a system its easy.

Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281