Author Topic: Hi all MySwaggers!  (Read 3146 times)

Offline kado

• Sleeping Bag User
Hi all MySwaggers!
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »
Howdy
Just thought I would introduce myself on here. Just found the site recently and couldn't get enough so thought it's time to join in on all the fun!

At the moment we (Wife + 4 & 6 yr olds) have a Camper Trailer which has no tent as we just sold the tent top to upgrade to a slightly larger Camper Tent. Still in the process of looking into said tent which is what brought me to this site! Probably looking into a 12'' tent of medium quality if that makes any sense?

We are only Caravan Park attendee's which has all the amenities and recreation areas to please the family for now so nothing too serious!

Currently the Camper Trailer is a 7 x 4 unit with a full Drifta Pull Out Kitchen setup with Return + a Small Drifta Storage Box. And also a Full Length Drifta Storage Box down the side with a Waeco CF40 Fridge!

Thanks in advanced and happy camping!

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Hi all MySwaggers!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:14:14 AM »
Welcome Kado, great forum.....where you from mate....

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:08:05 AM »
Welcome, but yes, tell us more.  ;D  Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
Welcome Kado.  Not sure where you are but a couple of the CT manufacturers in SE Qld sell the camper tops seperately.  Look forward to reading of your adventures.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
G'day Kado and welcome to Myswag.  :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline kado

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
Thanks all!

Well I'm situated down near the Nations Capital, in Queanbeyan! Nice and central to Major Cities, Snow, Beaches, Country, Rivers etc. We like it here!

We have been looking into a couple of manufacturers in Sth QLD including Swag Camper Trailers in Bris and Gordigear on the Gold Coast. It is pretty difficult to judge the quality of these Camper Tops from my desk top computer, but for some reason these two have stood out to be the best for the money we have to spend (3k).

If anyone has any comments or advice to help us out please share as nothing is close by to look at or compare. We are heading up to Sydney next week to check out some other stores but none seem to stick out for quality or design. We'll see! Advice on other Camper Top Manufacturers you can recommend in this price range would be helpful too?

Cheers

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Hi Kado and welcome to My Swag

:cheers: Brett
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:04 AM »
Welcome so much great info on here.  Depends which side of the camper you need it so open but our first camper top was an oztrail and we absolutely loved it more so than our current top but sold as we were getting a off road camper.  Just make sure the trailer sides are not too high for the tent they have different sizes available and a lot of places sell there tops only and I have seen them on ebay.  Good luck hope you find something.

crackacoldie

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »
Welcome Kado

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
G'day kado,

To Myswag,
Plenty of great info here to help you and if your not sure, just ask. And don't forget the pictures when you've got it all sorted  ;D
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Happy & Safe travels.
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:58:45 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline kado

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »
Yeah, for sure I will post some pictures. Cant wait to show it off when I decide on which one to buy. So hard to decide  :D

We would need it to open to the Drivers side with how we have our tailgate opening. Our last Camper was a small OzTrail 6 Camper, but now the kids have outgrown it so we sold the lot and just purchased a 7 x 4 trailer and we are now in need of a bigger top. OzTrail served us well when we had it though.

So many options but so difficult to get around to look at!

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
Yeah, for sure I will post some pictures. Cant wait to show it off when I decide on which one to buy. So hard to decide  :D

We would need it to open to the Drivers side with how we have our tailgate opening. Our last Camper was a small OzTrail 6 Camper, but now the kids have outgrown it so we sold the lot and just purchased a 7 x 4 trailer and we are now in need of a bigger top. OzTrail served us well when we had it though.

So many options but so difficult to get around to look at!

Yes and from memory the oztrail are passenger side open we were the same but without the kids but our dogs sleep inside the camper bed area on the floor we like to know where they are at night so was not alot of room then with their bed our bags etc and we wanted 4x4 trailer sold camper 6 top to friends but kept our original garden trailer as we still wanted it.