Author Topic: newby  (Read 8350 times)

Offline MDCowners

• Learning the Ropes
  • 2008 grand vitara towing mdc v3 camper
Re: newby
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
Hi Campers,
Thanks for your ongoing help. I am heading into the Flinders in two weeks so will send in photos and we are camping at Alpana Station so hopefully the flowers will be out.
Regards Bill
just loving life

Offline Ynot

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Tony. Prado 150 GXL, Coromal 632RTP
newby
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »
Hi Campers,
Thanks for your ongoing help. I am heading into the Flinders in two weeks so will send in photos and we are camping at Alpana Station so hopefully the flowers will be out.
Regards Bill

And a trip report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?  (Homer J Simpson).

Offline MDCowners

• Learning the Ropes
  • 2008 grand vitara towing mdc v3 camper
Re: newby
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:02 PM »
Hi fellow campers,
Travelled to Alpana Station in the Flinders last week and camped in the beautiful ranges for three nights accompanied by lotsa birds kangaroos and emus and a zillion flies which made eating a little difficult but the nights were great and we waited till dark to eat. I would recommend the underground tour at Blinman and the enormous burger at the Blinman pub (a real speciality )  Travelled through the beautiful bunyeroo valley and brachina gorge and as usual at this time of the year the wildflowers were prolific. Packed up the camper early on our last day and travelled through the Parachilna Gorge to meet the marree road and onto Farina. I wanted to take a photo of the remains of the Exchange hotel as my grand uncle was a publican there in the 1930 period for a few years. It is marvellous that the town is slowly being restored and I look forward to being old enough to see more done.
Moved onto Marree for the night and chickened out and booked into the pub as it had risen to 34 degrees and the flies were horrendous but the meal in the Tom Kruse dining room was superb. Next morning we travelled up the Oodnadatta Track and down to Roxby Downs.
The MDC camper behaved beautifully and is still in one piece.   Regards Bill
just loving life