Author Topic: Hello, Who has a Trackabout Safari Extenda then?  (Read 9130 times)

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
Hello, Who has a Trackabout Safari Extenda then?
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,
This is my 1st post on this forum although I have been registered on here and visiting regularly since March 2010.

For the last two years I have been reading 'Camper Trailer Australia' and 'Camper Trailer Touring' magazine regularly plus reading up on this forum. I have looked at many camper Trailers and now narrowed it down to the 'Trackabout Safari Extenda'.

I have spoken to John Vezsos and he was very down to earth and easy to talk to. We are sorting out some finances before I will fly up to Brisbane and meet John and everyone at Trackabout. They make a great Trailer, I just wondered to know if anyone else out there has this model and would they like to share some photos to wet my appetite ;D

By the way this is a great site, one I wish to stay with after we have  bought our trailer.

Ps how do i become a member??

Col.
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

and now a 2012 Trackabout Safari Extenda!

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Hello, Who has a Trackabout Safari Extenda then?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
 ;D Forgot to mention, there is my wife and two young children, my daughter is just about 4 and my little boy is just over 2.

We have 3 dogs a 12 year old coolie x border collie, a 13 year old Chihahua x and a 10 year old Chihahua x. The 2 Chi's are both rescue dogs we have had for 6 months.

My vehicle is a an extremely low milage 2006 TD5 110 Defender.

Col.
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:07 PM »
Welcome to MySwag Col, you are a member as you have made a post and contibuted, enjoy your stay and keep researching, cant go wrong with anything from JT

GG

Offline Iain

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:33:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Col.  I'm another newby who only joined a day or so ago.  I can't comment on the Extenda but I have an older Trackabout Safari from 2007.  I've been very happy with it.  I reckon you'll be pretty happy with yours.

Iain

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:59 PM »
G/day Col & Family
welcome to myswag
 :cheers: sheeds

Offline Pete_R

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »
Hi Col. Welcome to MySwag.
cheers
Pete

2014 200 Series TTD V8 Land Cruiser VX with quite a few extras.
2015 Lotus Freelander 19'6" caravan. (Previously Complete Campsite Uluru XT 16 camper trailer)

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
Do a search for extenda and you will find a few posts although its been a month since i was last at trackabout looking at the extendas and they have improved a lot since i saw the last pic on here. I would have the current version in aheart beat if i thought the wife wouldnt notice
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »
G'day Col and thanks for finally giving us the opportunity to welcome you, as you have been a member since Mar 10. :cup: :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline monahanajj

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Landcruiser Prado, YES, it's a Landcruiser....
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »
G'day Col, look forward to your picks showing it off in action - have you planned your first trip yet?

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein "...Such as a Landcruiser..." Me

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 04:46:19 AM »
Hi Col and welcome to My Swag

bubba :cheers:
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Tracey family

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 07:18:10 AM »
Welcome to myswag Col,

We don't own an extenda but do own a deluxe tourer and couldn't be happier. There are a few extenda owners here somewhere. I'm sure they'll pop up to say hi soon.

:cheers: Glenyse

Scott and Glenyse Tracey
2010 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
2010 Mitsubishi Triton dual cab

Offline NatGav

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
Hey Col,
Welcome to myswag, i'm new the site and you'll be amazing at the hospitality your reiceve.
I haven't bought a CT yet, but i'm starting my research and also have two big dogs who will be joining us on our big adventure next year. We are doing 12 months around Australia. I've heard great things about the trackabout and my manager has one who loves it. I'd be keen to hear about your experiences with it and also if you take the dogs with you on your camping trip, how they found it.
I'm still tossing up between a soft floor, hard floor or a 1950's style teardrop (however the dogs are a problem with this option) everyone on this forum is really friendly and open to feedback (they LOVE photos) so be sure to load some photos of your CT.
Good luck mate.

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
Hi.

First up, I don't own a Trackabout. We have a Lifestyle CT's Extenda. I just wanted to post that we absolutely love ours because it is an extended trailer with the walkway, and I reckon regardless of brand you are on a winner if you get one..

Go the Extended's!!

Happy shopping.

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
This is Matto's Trackabout Extenda in Cairns
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=8571.0

And Dryfarmers in WA
http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=12034.0

Enjoy!

the Nurse
get DIRTY

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 05:40:13 AM »
Hi.

First up, I don't own a Trackabout. We have a Lifestyle CT's Extenda. I just wanted to post that we absolutely love ours because it is an extended trailer with the walkway, and I reckon regardless of brand you are on a winner if you get one..

Go the Extended's!!

Happy shopping.

Yes mate, I know what you are saying the extended walkway was a big plus in us deciding on this model, no climbing over each other and having to use little ladders in the night to get in and out of bed ;D
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 05:45:34 AM »
G'day Col, look forward to your picks showing it off in action - have you planned your first trip yet?

When the trailer is ready I will drive up over 2 days and my wife and kids will fly.We will have a day or two on the Gold coast at my Uncles house then pick the trailer up, then it will be a leisurely drive back down to Geelong over 5-7 days just taking it easy and getting to know the trailer. Then we go to Dargo in the High Country for a few days over the Australia day weekend :D

Col.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:51:45 AM by landyowner »
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 04:31:26 AM »
Hi landyowner,
Welcome to the myswag family, your not doing too bad, two new familys in one go. Myswag and just as important the TRACKABOUT family. Enjoy them both, good luck and happy camping.
cheers duggie. GO THE TRACKABOUT
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Cam and Deb

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 06:17:24 AM »
Welcome to myswag and the TRACKABOUT family

TRACKABOUT number 1

Deb

Offline timneva

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado GXL and Cub CT
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »
g'day Col and welcome :cheers:

Offline mcgreevyclan

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
Hi Col

picked up my Safari Extenda just 3 weeks ago after 2 years of research.  I have a wife and two young ones (7 & 8) so trying to figure out sleeping options was a major consideration.  Ended up getting some very sound advice from JT albeit blowing the original budget by $14k.  But very happy with what we got.  Opted for the 10 ft tent and full awning setup (canvas & mesh), rather than the 12 foot or kids room off the towbar side.  Have been out once and figured out a way to fit two beds into the tent comfortably in an L shape and curtain off leaving access to the stairwell.  With full annex option there is the flexibility to set up beds in the annex area if required.  Very happy with the safari - but might pay to get your TD5 checked over before you do your first run - my Disco 1 2.5 diesel burst the seal on the transfer case on the way back from Somerset dam.  Have not taken any pics yet but nothing different to what you can see on their website.

Very Happy

cheers Tony

Offline adrianv

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Hi Col

Picked up Safari Extenda aswell about month ago, couldnt be happier. Have been out twice so far. Went up to Tocumwall over cup weekend and the walkway is a winner after a few cans in the middle of the night. Hope the wait isnt too long.

Cheers Adrian

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
 :worthles:
Hi Col

picked up my Safari Extenda just 3 weeks ago after 2 years of research.  I have a wife and two young ones (7 & 8) so trying to figure out sleeping options was a major consideration.  Ended up getting some very sound advice from JT albeit blowing the original budget by $14k.  But very happy with what we got.  Opted for the 10 ft tent and full awning setup (canvas & mesh), rather than the 12 foot or kids room off the towbar side.  Have been out once and figured out a way to fit two beds into the tent comfortably in an L shape and curtain off leaving access to the stairwell.  With full annex option there is the flexibility to set up beds in the annex area if required.  Very happy with the safari - but might pay to get your TD5 checked over before you do your first run - my Disco 1 2.5 diesel burst the seal on the transfer case on the way back from Somerset dam.  Have not taken any pics yet but nothing different to what you can see on their website.

Very Happy

cheers Tony
:worthles:

Col ;D
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:15 AM »
Hi Col

Picked up Safari Extenda aswell about month ago, couldnt be happier. Have been out twice so far. Went up to Tocumwall over cup weekend and the walkway is a winner after a few cans in the middle of the night. Hope the wait isnt too long.

Cheers Adrian

Any pics Adrian, I still have not decided on colours of trailer and canvas yet :-[

Col
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »
I noticed JT has a few different coloured CT's in the showroom now...just when i thought the bling meter couldn't get higher
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline landyowner

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
I noticed JT has a few different coloured CT's in the showroom now...just when i thought the bling meter couldn't get higher

The only colour schemes I have seen in the canvas is grey with blue trim and tan with a brownish trim.

We went to the Bendigo Leisurefest yesterday to look at camping goodies and ideas for our CT, even though we knew JT wouldn't be there.
The other major contender before we finally decided on the Trackabout was there, they had a nice colour scheme my wife really liked, so I think I"ll have to give JT a ring on monday and ask him if he could possibly do the same.Also saw a CT powdercoated in Atzec Silver, which we kind of liked but wanted to see a CT in it in the flesh. Again the wife liked it.
Have to keep her happy, after all she's actually paying for the CT! ;D
MY LANDROVERS:
1979 Series 3 109 FFR
2000 V8 Discovery- SOLD.
2006 TD5 110 Defender