Author Topic: Is it just me, or is everyone upgrading to vans?  (Read 17653 times)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
Re: Is it just me, or is everyone upgrading to vans?
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
We upgraded from a Camp-O-Matic rear fold to an off-road poptop hybrid (slide out kitchen). This was done a bit sooner than we were expecting to, but we had an opportunity that wasn't going to come again.
I still go to bike rallies and camp in a small single person tent, with a jetboil for a stove and dehydrated packs of food, etc. Went to the Thunder rally, for the first time, a couple of months ago, and am scheduled to go to the Karuah River rally at Dungog, NSW. Another favourite is the Ruptured Budgie rally at Mingoola NSW. Been to lots of these over the years, and still enjoy the ride and the camping.

Cheers, Bruce
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Is it just me, or is everyone upgrading to vans?
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 06:04:02 AM »
Going the other way.  I think, no we are... 
We are putting our Bushtracker on the market.  :'(  Bought it new end of 2015 and planned to have it for 3 years and the sad time has come. Did what we wanted and still have our AOR camper.  See how we go in the camper but have other things planned for this year. But our Bushtracker is well hell of a good van....   Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.