Author Topic: "Out-of-State Yahoos" beware...  (Read 16876 times)

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: "Out-of-State Yahoos" beware...
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
They sure have got a lot of free publicity from all of this.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
This one:

There you go boys...  the smoking gun!!     >:D     >:D     >:D 

As many bros as possible with farcebook accounts; (I am not on FB) - please now immediately "bombard" the 4wdcastus FB page DEMANDING to know why they have tried to hide and cover up the photo evidence.. (as re-posted above here)

And also ask 4WDA was their lie; and cover up-deletion; due to incompetence; or shame and guilt?? 

"(we) so-called 4WDers", DEMAND answers...     ;D     ;D
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »
Quote from: plusnq
They sure have got a lot of free publicity from all of this.

oh yea, great publicity!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
come now peoples...obviously he is looking in this direction, so there's no way at all he could have seen that sign behind him
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Fathom

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2016, 05:54:04 PM »

come now peoples...obviously he is looking in this direction, so there's no way at all he could have seen that sign behind him
That's what I was thinking.
And the poor bloke probably had mud all over his windscreen after going through all that mud.
Then having to make sure the camera man had the right angle... It's a tough gig.
It's technically Tassie's fault for having tracks and rain.

Always give 100%... Unless you are giving blood.. then it may not go so well...

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »
That's what I was thinking.
And the poor bloke probably had mud all over his windscreen after going through all that mud.
Then having to make sure the camera man had the right angle... It's a tough gig.
It's technically Tassie's fault for having tracks and rain.
it all makes sense when it's put like that doesn't it...Tassie practically brought this on themself I say.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline Brett B

• Hard Top Camper User
  • just cruzin
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 07:57:27 PM »
Just watched the dvd and can't see what the fuss is about
I will never be able to afford money wise and health wise to do trips like most of you can
So l live it through there eyes
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:04:15 PM by Brett B »
97 80 series and home made ct

Offline Palmer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
Just watched the dvd and can't see what the fuss is about
I will never be able to afford money wise and health wise to do trips like most of you can
So l live it through there eyes

The big one is, they were on a CLOSED track.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
it all makes sense when it's put like that doesn't it...Tassie practically brought this on themself I say.

Bloody Tasmanians, I've always thought 2 heads can't be a good thing!
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 09:05:05 AM »
Finally, a conclusion to this, not the one wanted by the local 4wd community though.....

The article glosses over the main points as raised by 4wd Tasmania and other groups;

1. Driving on a closed track (that was clearly sign posted)
2.Not having an Arthur Pieman Conservation Area 4wd Driver Pass
3. Not having a PWS Commerical Visitors Licence.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/australian-4wd-action-magazine-cautioned-over-driving-behaviour-while-filming-in-the-tarkine/news-story/ba78de93ef79bc5628baa7d15af59912

Australian 4WD Action magazine cautioned over driving behaviour while filming in the Tarkine

HELEN KEMPTON, Mercury
August 22, 2016 12:00am

A WELL-KNOWN Australian 4WD magazine have been formally cautioned over its actions while filming in the Arthur-Pieman Conservation area earlier this year.

Tasmania’s Parks and Wildlife Service conducted an investigation in the actions of the Australian 4WD Action crew after concerns were raised in the Mercury in March over the driving behaviour exhibited in a DVD released with the magazine.

PWS said the magazine’s owner Express Publications had now received a formal caution.

That caution comes as the State Government heads back to the Federal Court today to try and overturn a decision to keep tracks south of Sandy Cape closed to recreational vehicles in the interests of preserving Aboriginal history.

The tracks were closed by the former Labor Government in 2012.

The Liberal party promised in the lead up to the 2013 election that it would reopen all tracks to recreational users.

The magazine crew spent time on the Balfour, Climies and Sandy Cape tracks while it was in the Tarkine.

The behaviour was described at the time as “knuckle-dragging at its best” by other 4WD enthusiasts.

Dex Fulton, of Unsealed 4X4 magazine, said the DVD vision showed the crew was hitting mud holes at high speed, spinning tyres and generally “just ripping the track to shreds”.

Express Publications was unavailable for comment about the caution but spokesman Shaun Whale responded to criticisms on the magazine’s Facebook page earlier this year.

“No tracks we drove were signposted as closed. We even had two local Tassie guides with us.”

Parks and Wildlife told the Mercury that Australian 4WD Action magazine was also given guidance about any future operations in Tasmanian reserves.

“The Parks and Wildlife Service continues to undertake compliance operations in the Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area to detect and prevent breaches of legislative provisions,” a spokesman said.

“A number of breaches are currently before the court and a number of infringement notices have been issued and fines have been paid.

“We encourage anyone with information about illegal activity in the Arthur-Pieman to contact the Parks and Wildlife Service and we will continue to investigate reports of illegal activity.”

The Federal Court ruled in March that a ban on four-wheel driving in Tasmania’s Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area should continue.

The Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre argued that reopening tracks would have a significant impact and damage the fragile landscape.

The court agreed and found the area held “outstanding heritage value to the nation”.

The Government has argued the tracks could be reopened in a “sensitive manner”.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:07:32 AM by Sixtys Guy »
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
Even though I don't subscribe to the notion that an 8 foot wide ribbon on track in any wilderness area constitutes a clear and present danger to that area and don't believe for a minute that, with the possible exception of digging great ruts, these peanuts have done really any damage to the area with their antics, you really have to wonder about their level of intelligence in terms of the 'track closure' debate.

If their readers want mud busting footage give it to them from other, less sensitive areas. They could have easily gone down there, done a really good trip, created a great vid (sans mud and heroics) and shown Tassie in all it's glory. But no, they had to do it the Action way to show their belligerence.

As a mate of mine would say, a mate with 40 years of 4wdriving touring and lobbying for tracks behind him, "to argue to keep 4wd areas open to just a few is almost like arguing against motherhood". The moral high ground that conservationist hold these days is almost insurmountable and politically far more powerful that any redneck 4wdrive lobby.

I'm glad Dex came out and said what he did regardless of his motives. While ever Action and Express are allowed to pretend to represent 4wdrivers it'll be the old adage in perpetuity; When you have friends like this, who needs enemies.
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2016, 02:24:50 PM »
Spot on Joff. The 'spinning the tyres' etc is part and parcel of that track..... maybe not as much as they like to show on the DVD, but they were on an official (open) track and I don't have an issue with that.

I do have an issue with the fact that they drove on a clearly closed, and sign posted as closed track. This is a highly sensitive area that local 4wd clubs, 4wd Tasmania and several individuals have fought to keep tracks in the area open. Then these clowns drive the track, past the closed sign, without a 4wd permit and without notifying PWS that they were filming in the area and put it in a DVD for the whole world to see.

In the next issue of the magazine there is an editorial about the 1% of people ruining it for everyone else and highlights 'grubs' that cause tracks to get closed. They even bag out 4wdrivers in Tassie who had driven on closed tracks. It was like the editorial was written about themselves.

More bizarre is the fact they have denied this all along, having a crack at others for hidden agendas. When they have been shown to be without a doubt wrong, they delete their FB posts.

They missed a golden opportunity to put their hand up and say 'we got it wrong, don't do what we did, let this be a lesson to everyone'. Then pitch in and give PWS a hand on track maintenance or something similar. But no, they continue to beat the drum about unfair track closures whilst themselves do nothing at all to help.
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate