Author Topic: For those suffering from depression  (Read 116764 times)

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: For those suffering from depression
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »
Mate im a bit of a social pariah round these parts so i refrain from saying much and wear insults like a badge of honour but for you my friend  its hard to know what to say.
One piece of advice i could give you is contact b&b as hes verry clued up in this department and a super nice guy.
If theres anything i could evver do id do it gladly.
Much respect my man... Dale
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:04:32 PM by dales133 »

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:23 AM »
Once again. I'm literally blown away by the support from everyone.

Thank you.

Dales133, who is b&b. Im sure i probably do know him but having a mental blank.

Maverick01
If you never go, you'll never know

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2015, 08:26:21 AM »
Mav I also don't know what to say.  Don't be sorry that you haven't been on here just know that we are all thinking of you and Mrs Mav and that if you need anything give a shout out cause swaggers are there to help.  Our thoughts are with you both at this very tough time.

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
Hi Mav.  PM sent mate.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Jen, Sprogs n Him

• Tent User
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2015, 12:08:43 AM »
Thoughts are with you both.. xx

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jen

Offline BLKWDW

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2015, 03:28:39 AM »
Haven't been on here for a while and just read this whole thread. Had plenty of time to as sitting in hospital with the wife as she tried to take her own life last nite with an overdose on alcohol and prescription medication. She suffers from depression. Don't even really know where to start with a response to you and your wife's problem. Life can b a bitch sometimes but you need to keep your chin up and posting on here getting your thoughts out and having people on the forum boost your spirits as it's the best thing that can happen for U both. You can feel very alone otherwise and if you don't look after yourself you won't b able to look after your wife. What you wife is going through I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Pm me if u ever need to chat and I'll send u my number. Up early in the morning so can talk any hr of the day.

Offline Snapman007

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Beer
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2015, 08:14:26 AM »
I hope she pulls through ok with no long term damage.

There's always a better alternative. It might not be a great alternative , just a better one.
Cheers,
Paul

2003 V8 Sahara
2010 Lifestyle Extenda Elite
Great haircut

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2015, 09:08:34 AM »
I hope things get a bit better for you mate. It's a terrible disease.

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
BLKWDW so sorry to hear that.

There is 1 thing i have learnt from this forum, is nobody judges you and if your ever down and need cheering up then this group is always there to do that. Its 1 big family.

If you want to talk, im here for you or anyone else who may need or want to talk.

Maverick01

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Get ready. Get set.......
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »
Haven't been on here for a while and just read this whole thread. Had plenty of time to as sitting in hospital with the wife as she tried to take her own life last nite with an overdose on alcohol and prescription medication. She suffers from depression. Don't even really know where to start with a response to you and your wife's problem. Life can b a bitch sometimes but you need to keep your chin up and posting on here getting your thoughts out and having people on the forum boost your spirits as it's the best thing that can happen for U both. You can feel very alone otherwise and if you don't look after yourself you won't b able to look after your wife. What you wife is going through I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Pm me if u ever need to chat and I'll send u my number. Up early in the morning so can talk any hr of the day.

I hope your wife recovers soon.  Having battled depression for many years it's a horrible thing to have.  Thinking of you both.  Xxxxx
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

Life is a gift and too short to waste.

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »
Thanks mate

Very much appreciated

Maverick01

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2016, 05:45:03 AM »
Hi all

I sent Maverick a message the other day, as I do from time to time. I like to let him know the support is still there.
It seems that Mrs mav isn't doing too good at all.

I asked if he wanted me to let everyone know and he did.
Out of respect for them both I won't post the details here but I can give more info in a pm.

Greg and Ranae, my thoughts and love are with you both. 

Always remember to hug those you love.

Vicki  xx
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

The following users thanked this post: Nay-DMAX

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2016, 06:07:37 AM »
Very sad to hear that Vicki.  All our wishes , can't begin to fathom what they are going through!
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2016, 06:34:37 AM »
Vicki thank you for sharing an update as the Mav's are often in my thoughts too. I just said to Andrew the other day we havent seen anything for awhile. To Mr and Mrs Mav all our positive thoughts are going your way. Take care xox
The following users thanked this post: edz, Terry W4, pank

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2016, 07:12:29 AM »
Couldnt say it any better than Nay-Dmax.... Your in our thoughts Mav, heres hoping for all the best..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2016, 09:09:04 AM »
Thanks everyone.

Its been some tough times lately. I've still been browsing the forum lately but just haven't posted anything.

Maverick01

Offline Hodgies

• Tent User
  • Hodgies
« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2016, 08:48:25 PM »
Our thoughts are with you both.
Take care
Hodgies
2011 Ford Ranger
2001 K.K

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »
Sorry to hear Mav, thoughts & prayers are with you guys

Offline whitey

• Tent User
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
 Thoughts are with you champ and anyone else in a similar situation, I have been there in similar circumstances and it is gut wrenching more than words can express, we passed that stage and all has been good and then 2 yrs later was hit with one of my boys getting depression due to having a work contract cancelled on his business.

He was the most out going, fittest, hardest worker I ever met, to be turned upside down in a matter of weeks where he was suicidal and couldn't be consoled or helped. We all suffered, we had to endure all the heart ache and stress that at any time we would receive that "knock on the door or phone call"  For 2 years he was like that and we couldn't do a thing nor could he accept help from his own sister or brothers, until a man I still haven't met turned his life around and got him sorted out. We are so lucky to have him back to his own self again.

There is help around for depression but hands are tied unless you / the sufferer accepts it ........ like my niece has just done tonight
God bless

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:03 PM »
Thoughts are with you champ and anyone else in a similar situation, I have been there in similar circumstances and it is gut wrenching more than words can express, we passed that stage and all has been good and then 2 yrs later was hit with one of my boys getting depression due to having a work contract cancelled on his business.

He was the most out going, fittest, hardest worker I ever met, to be turned upside down in a matter of weeks where he was suicidal and couldn't be consoled or helped. We all suffered, we had to endure all the heart ache and stress that at any time we would receive that "knock on the door or phone call"  For 2 years he was like that and we couldn't do a thing nor could he accept help from his own sister or brothers, until a man I still haven't met turned his life around and got him sorted out. We are so lucky to have him back to his own self again.

There is help around for depression but hands are tied unless you / the sufferer accepts it ........ like my niece has just done tonight
God bless

Well said. My son went through depression when he was young and came through the other side a great and confident person. He is now 22 with the world at his feet as he follow his dreams in the acting world. To say I am proud is an understatement. Penny, my wife, has suffered depression for years and is on constant medication.

To every one who suffers from it or is affected one way or another with the dreaded curse I hope that you find solice from talking about it with friends and family.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline DCP

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »
To Maverick01
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife at these very trying and testing times.
I have just gone through 5 and a halve years of very similar circumstances to you, where my wife of 43 years battled Pancreatic cancer. She was given only5% chance of surviving 5 years and sadly passed away on the 11-1-2016. We were lucky that we lived our lives fully ,and at every opportunity grabbed life with both hands. If I can I would like to tell you of our hard times and how we coped. Firstly we are(were) very practical and honest people, so we involved all the family even the grand kids (young kids are a lot smarter than we think some times) and were totally open and calm in our conversations. We never blamed any body, got mad at any body, talked to as many people we could find who were in the same situation.I stayed off the booze, but did have a few nightcaps, this helped heaps, (not only me but the wife as well). Eat properly, I didn`t and that was not good. Don`t reject help as this can sometime come from the strangest of places and people.I`m sorry I don`t have a magical wand, but you can pm any time if you wish to talk. All my prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife       
The following users thanked this post: Nomad

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
Hi all

Mav (Greg) has asked me to pass on the following information to you all.

A month ago ranae was on 20mg Oxycontin tablets morning and night they then increased to to 37mg patches, a week later it went to 50mg patches and then 2 weeks later it has now gone to 62mg patches. On top of all that she has been having terrible pain in her legs and now her knees so last week they changed her nerve blocker tablets (lyrica) from 75mg morning and night now its at 150mg morning and night. With all of these medications they have her on 2x panadol every 4 hours and now Oxynorm (endone) every 2-4 hours this is on top of the already increased pain killers.

Unfortunately a month ago palliative care said ranae defiantly didn't have years but maybe months, now since the medication increase palliative care are now more leaning towards weeks-months.

Ranae is still at home but he is unsure for how much longer.

My love, thoughts and best wishes are with them both.

Vicki

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
Please let Mav know theyre in our thoughts.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Banjo16

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The road less travelled
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the update Vicki,so sad that the news is not good.

I know words can't help but please pass on our best wishes if you are speaking to them.
Cheers,
Don

PB Challenger
Jayco Starcraft OB

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »
That's ****ed. 

Thinking of both Greg and Ranae.. Cant imagine what they are going through

Each state should get one of those large "THINKING OF YOU" cards and have a night at a pub somewhere for everyone to sign them in each state - NEXT WEEK..  no point doing it in 3 mths time.

Happy to buy a card and arrange get together at a pub central to all in Melb..
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home