Author Topic: Great cycle challenge  (Read 2523 times)

Offline A-frame81

• Swag User
Great cycle challenge
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:00 PM »
 Hi,

I've recently signed up for the 2017 Great Cycle Challenge and will be riding next month to fight kids' cancer!

My goal is to ride 100km and I will be pedaling throughout the entire month to reach my target.

Why am I doing this? Because cancer is the biggest killer of children from disease in Australia. Every 2 minutes, a child is diagnosed with cancer. My challenge will be tough, but it's nothing compared to what these brave kids face every day of their lives as they battle this terrible disease.

Kids should be living life, not fighting for it.

And so I am taking on this challenge to raise $100 to end childhood cancer and give these kids the brighter futures they deserve.

Please sponsor me and support my 100km challenge next month to save little lives.

To make a donation, simply click the link below:

www.greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/AndrewRudder

Your donation is tax deductible and you'll receive a receipt immediately via email.

All funds raised will support Children's Medical Research Institute to continue their work to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.

Thanks for your support.

Andrew

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Great cycle challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »
Hi Andrew,

Donation made so Good Luck with the ride.

The following users thanked this post: A-frame81

Offline A-frame81

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
Thanks JCOJ!

So the first ride is done and dusted for the month. My brother and I have signed up for a 6hr as a team towards the end of the month so we're into training. Should see me rack up the k's quickly.

To make a donation, simply click the link below:

http://www.greatcyclechallenge.com.a...s/AndrewRudder

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »
Nice work, keep it up.

I've signed up too. 152km/400km in the last week. Averaging 200km/month this year, so stepping it up for the month.

Offline A-frame81

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »
Great work NewieCamper, with the little ones I have trouble getting out for at least one ride a week at the moment.

Update: I've done over the 100kms now, after a race on Saturday.

You can still donate at www.greatcyclechallenge.com.au/Riders/AndrewRudder if you're keen.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »
Wife is doing it as well, she set a target of 500km. At the moment she's at 260km... and has just come down crook as a dog. Topping it off, she broke 2 spokes in 2 rides as well, which put the bike out for a bit.

Offline A-frame81

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »
No good at all, I broke a spoke on my road bike just at the end of September so I've done the 100km on my MTB. Made things a bit harder.

Hope she feels better and can knock out the rest in the next week!

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »
Nice work.  I surpassed my donation target, and upped my Km target to 1km per $. Still going, at 461km as of this morning new target of 500km, which if I get past will be a record month for me. Had to get some fairly early mornings to do it though!

Offline A-frame81

• Swag User
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 02:04:07 PM »
Great work NewieCamper! I managed 400+kms a couple of years ago before number 3 came along, but now with all the kids it's pretty hard to get out too often.

I'll try and get out again before the end of October to try and match the $1 per km as I haven't raised very much this year.