Author Topic: Internal Caravan Wall Clading.  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
Internal Caravan Wall Clading.
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »
Hello Brains Trust. I am looking at gutting the interior of our 18ft Jayco Poptop and redoing the interior. Whilst looking on the interwebs, I've come across a product called "Rigid PVC Sheet" or thereabouts. Gloss white on one side and flexible to a degree. There are some other expanded foam PVC products but most are matt finish, which I think won't stay clean for long. So, for those that have rebuilt or built their vans, what product did you use on the interior? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Mike.
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Internal Caravan Wall Clading.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
Coolblue, I had planned to use 4mm RV Coated Ply from Gunnersons as my ceiling lining, but found it too heavy at 20kg for the job. So I went with 3mm PVC Foamboard and saved about 16kg.

https://www.foamboards.com.au/index.php?route=product/search&search=foam%20pvc%20sheet&sub_category=true&description=true

The stuff has a high gloss with a peel-off clear film to keep it nice. The 3mm stuff is not all that rigid, but the 5mm stuff might be good. It's quite flexible, but doesn't seem to tear or crack. It might need a slight rougen up if you are using adhesives. I think you can get edge strips and joint strips from Bunnings.
Be aware that they have a minimum order of five sheets.

PM me and send an addressed envelope and I can send you a sample of the 3mm stuff.

Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 07:35:43 AM »
I was just going to use the caravan ply from these guys when time comes to put mine back together.

https://tbunker.com.au/product-category/plywood/

Offline Coolblue80

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »
I was just going to use the caravan ply from these guys when time comes to put mine back together.

https://tbunker.com.au/product-category/plywood/
I did think about going a timber product again but I am really starting to think the plastic might be the way to go 
2015 Mitsi Pajero. Dobbo MRR Lift, ARB Bar, MM4X4 Lock Up Mate, Intervolt DC Pro DBS, 12,000lb Mako winch. Bla Bla Bla.

96 80 Series. Lots of mods, not enough wheeling. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gulf King Warrior soft floor camper & 19ft Jayco Van