Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 303168 times)

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #2850 on: September 25, 2021, 03:38:27 PM »
Yep, agree 100% on both ...
I bet those complaining were never going to go there in the first place.

Un-Australian is on par with pulling the race card when your out of ideas.
Having seen the behaviour and attitude of anti-vaxers in recent days i would not any of them near any caravan park of mine, if i had one.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #2851 on: September 26, 2021, 07:26:33 AM »
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/melbourne-falls-into-the-lockdown-void/news-story/5754efdb63816dd717b6c72a304026d5

...from an article by John Ferguson, The Australian, 26/09/2021....

"Michael Carr-Gregg has for decades been a go-to child and family psychologist in Melbourne, and like millions of others is deeply worried about the impact on mental health.

“The word is we are languishing. So that’s actually a psychological term and it’s the void between flourishing and depression and I think it’s a state of exhaustion. It’s where we lose a lot of motivation,” Carr-Gregg says.
"

Pretty close to the mark, I think....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #2852 on: September 26, 2021, 01:10:02 PM »
Wait and see what happens when languishing gets to a point  turns to blind anger .. The socalled powers are pretty lucky Aussies are pretty laid back and arnt an excitable bunch  as in other countries .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #2853 on: September 26, 2021, 01:30:37 PM »
Wait and see what happens when languishing gets to a point  turns to blind anger ..

No need to wait...
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2854 on: September 26, 2021, 03:50:12 PM »
If they keep danging carrots at the lemmings and then taking it away moving it miles ahead - I dont think they understand what I feel will happen.
I've been a believer in what we have been told, got vaxxed, laughed at all the antivaxers  ... but that belief is disappearing rapidly.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2855 on: September 26, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »
If they keep danging carrots at the lemmings and then taking it away moving it miles ahead - I dont think they understand what I feel will happen.
I've been a believer in what we have been told, got vaxxed, laughed at all the antivaxers  ... but that belief is disappearing rapidly.

Along with me and a gazillion others
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2856 on: September 26, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »

I think back to when the pandemics went for up to 6yrs…..people just sucked it up and dealt with it as best they could….no financial bailouts…no anything…
These days, the club or pub is closed, your job may be different, your holidays might be rooted, but you’re still alive, but some people think they are hard done by because they think the govt has an agenda to punish them ?? They bang on about freedom…..but don’t mention any other country with freedom at the moment.
Suck it up, get the jab, and soon we’ll be back to fairly normal….just hope no one close gets it and worse still dies from it.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2857 on: September 26, 2021, 08:05:16 PM »
I think back to when the pandemics went for up to 6yrs…..people just sucked it up and dealt with it as best they could….no financial bailouts…no anything…
These days, the club or pub is closed, your job may be different, your holidays might be rooted, but you’re still alive, but some people think they are hard done by because they think the govt has an agenda to punish them ?? They bang on about freedom…..but don’t mention any other country with freedom at the moment.
Suck it up, get the jab, and soon we’ll be back to fairly normal….just hope no one close gets it and worse still dies from it.

Along with that, looking at the data from other Countries, we have to expect the double vaccinated to have breakthrough cases, especially with the Delta variant.   Be vaccinated to help protect yourself, along with other practices, from being infected and hopefully reduce the severity of the infection.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2858 on: September 26, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »
Quote from: gronk
Suck it up, get the jab,
... had the double jab... still locked down. nothing has changed.

and soon we’ll be back to fairly normal….
When? When Dan decides (for Vic)
thats exactly what I'm saying... We are told 'if we are all good little doo-bees this then we'll all be FREE.. happy happy joy joy.. We rocketed up to 70% or so we are told, but it feels as though the last x% we need are the ****tards protesting, so that could be yrs to get the required numbers...
Maybe I need to take up drinking again.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2859 on: September 26, 2021, 09:06:07 PM »
... had the double jab... still locked down. nothing has changed.

What would you like to change ?  Still have a job ? You can still drink ? You haven’t got covid ?

I still haven’t had my 1st jab…..I won’t be able to do anything until December !!

We have been locked down for 14+ weeks this time….twice as long as Victorias.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2860 on: September 26, 2021, 09:47:32 PM »
What would you like to change ?  Still have a job ? You can still drink ? You haven’t got covid ?

I still haven’t had my 1st jab…..I won’t be able to do anything until December !!

We have been locked down for 14+ weeks this time….twice as long as Victorias.
to drive more than a few klms from home without the risk of execution. I"d jabbed.. the message was once double jabbed - all good... but apparently its no different to the pole smokers protesting....December - IMWO - we will also be locked until December when everyone will just tell Gov Co to GAGF and holiday anyway...

theres Vic lockdown and theres NSW soft lockdown... 2 totally different things no matter how long it is.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2861 on: September 26, 2021, 10:55:13 PM »
to drive more than a few klms from home without the risk of execution. I"d jabbed.. the message was once double jabbed - all good... but apparently its no different to the pole smokers protesting....December - IMWO - we will also be locked until December when everyone will just tell Gov Co to GAGF and holiday anyway...

theres Vic lockdown and theres NSW soft lockdown... 2 totally different things no matter how long it is.

NSW soft lockdown ?   5K travel limit….essential shopping, 1 person only….exercise allowed, 2 people….

Is Victoria stricter than that ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2862 on: September 26, 2021, 11:23:08 PM »
NSW soft lockdown ?   5K travel limit….essential shopping, 1 person only….exercise allowed, 2 people….

Is Victoria stricter than that ?

yep from 6 August, so may be a few changes since then

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-06/covid-lockdown-rules-sydney-newcastle-hunter-victoria-queensland/100355508
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:25:40 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan
The following users thanked this post: Bushchook

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2863 on: September 27, 2021, 06:32:17 AM »
Before this gets into a state V state tussle over who has been locked up in jail the worse lets just take a breath.

We are all doing it hard on the Eastern states and we are all so over the restrictions and the majority are trying their best. I personally have just about come to the end of my calm state and need this to be over soon to be able to return to some normality. Its the little things we all miss and the one thing that is a major concern is the kids schooling and the like.

Please keep it civil in replies, mods are watching

GG
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:55:04 AM by GGV8Cruza »
The following users thanked this post: GeoffA, plusnq

Offline westvic

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2864 on: September 27, 2021, 06:42:57 AM »

Under the new version of "live with the virus" I reckon its just a matter of time before everyone has contracted it at least once. Bit like the flu or cold. Then its just a matter of how your body deals with it and that is going to be largely influenced by vaccine status.
Getting there if half the fun

The other half is a cold beer when you do.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2865 on: September 27, 2021, 07:57:02 AM »
Its the little things we all miss and the one thing that is a major concern is the kids schooling and the like.

100%, I have seen a change in my son this last term and it's not a good one

Under the new version of "live with the virus" I reckon its just a matter of time before everyone has contracted it at least once. Bit like the flu or cold. Then its just a matter of how your body deals with it and that is going to be largely influenced by vaccine status.

Yup, neighbour is double jabbed and tested positive last week. Nobody else she came into contact with has it. She said it's just like a medium winter cold.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2866 on: September 27, 2021, 09:28:07 AM »
Quote from: D4D
100%, I have seen a change in my son this last term and it's not a good one
we just had this chat here at work... several ladies here with ~10yr old kids are all saying similar - changes in attitudes, care factors, willingness..

Even harder- can you imagine doing Yr 12 right now after the year and interruptions to schooling etc... ?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2867 on: September 27, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
we just had this chat here at work... several ladies here with ~10yr old kids are all saying similar - changes in attitudes, care factors, willingness..

Even harder- can you imagine doing Yr 12 right now after the year and interruptions to schooling etc... ?

I haven’t seen my daughter or new grand daughter for 5 mths….and she only lives an hr away.
But it is what it is……we all complain about the little things in life we are missing out on, but are failing to keep our eye on the big picture…..saving lives…..possibly lots of lives.

I put it in perspective when I think of the stories of WW2…..when the govt told people to darken their windows and keep their houses dark during the night. Did people get sick of being cooped up inside…..I’m sure they did……did they sneak outside and shine a torch skywards….I’m sure they didn’t.

2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #2868 on: September 27, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »
blah blah blah blah.
your happy with things... all the power to you...
I'm not as are a growing number of people.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2869 on: September 27, 2021, 11:08:01 AM »

Yup, we're fortunate that my son's school has a fairly good online learning program and his teacher this year has been fantastic. On the positive side it has taught him to be a self sufficient learner and a little bit more resilience. On the negative side it is going to be hard to unwind the lack of physical activity and getting his head out of a screen and actually talking/playing with his mates again.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2870 on: September 27, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »
your happy with things... all the power to you...
I'm not as are a growing number of people.

I’m not happy with things. You missed the point of my post…..an unprecedented thing has happened to the world not seen in over a hundred years and people are complaining about not being able to go out and buy an ice cream !!

I was diagnosed with DHDLBCL in March, and instead of whinging about 5 months of friggin chemo, I think about the poor kids who get the same disease…brings life back into perspective a bit !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: MrHorsepower

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2871 on: September 27, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »
Yup, neighbour is double jabbed and tested positive last week. Nobody else she came into contact with has it. She said it's just like a medium winter cold.
Guy at work also tested positive and double jabbed.  His description is a bad cold.  No one else in his house has tested positive, even though it was a couple of days between exposure and test.

Even worse, I am a primary close contact and have 14 days in quarantine (3 to go).  Even worse he went to an exposure site the day after he was last at work, which is where he would of caught it. But very quick onsite caught me in the net. 
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2872 on: September 28, 2021, 03:48:06 AM »
In times past, a lot of kids who, these days, would be going to a formal, were being transported to a foreign country to fight in a war.
Kind of suggests, as tough as it might be at present for the kids and adults, lots have done it tougher and for much longer in the past.
Kids 15, fudging their age to help fight a war.
Look at stuff like WW2 will the bombings in England.
Relentless bombings night after night.
Wondering if your house was still standing.
Crammed in air raid shelters for the night, night after night.
Air raid sirens howling, to warn you another hail of bombs were about to be dropped on you hour after hour.
You can't tell me this is worse than back then.
Lots of families, never saw family members ever again..... killed, or MIA
Soldiers coming home shell shocked.... one minute they were normal citizens, the next, a trained killing machine.
Not hearing from family members for massive amounts of time..... wondering every day if they were dead.
Soldiers returning with horrific injuries.... unable to ever work again.
The communication they had back then was a phone or a letter.
Look at the communication we have now.

If this pandemic has told us one thing, its we would be friggin hopeless if a major war broke out again.

We are by far, one of the luckiest/safest countries on the planet. Be thankful.

I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: Pottsy

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2873 on: September 28, 2021, 06:49:45 AM »
We are by far, one of the luckiest/safest countries on the planet. Be thankful.

The back in my day rhetoric doesn't work on a 10 year old...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2874 on: September 28, 2021, 07:25:23 AM »
The back in my day rhetoric doesn't work on a 10 year old...

I don't have kids, so i have no idea what works on a kid these days.
All i know, was back when i was 10, i did what i was told most of the time.

I scored a sore arse for the times i chose to buck the system. (IE: Dad)

Mind you, kids were way easier entertained in 1970 too.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.