Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 25525 times)

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2020, 05:27:09 PM »
So I didn't need to do a ninja run to Bunnos yesterday to stock up for my weekend DIY
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/can-i-go-to-bunnings-diy-run-gets-tick-under-stay-at-home-rules-20200407-p54hwf.html

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton told 3AW's Neil Mitchell on Tuesday that visiting a shop was a sufficient reason for being outside, as long as the retail business was not restricted under the Chief Health Officer's guidelines.

"Because Bunnings is open, I can go to Bunnings and buy a can of paint?," asked Mitchell.

"It would seem so at this stage, that's the way it would appear," Mr Patton said.

Bumblings has failed in their duty of care, not only to their customers, Team Members, but the communitty.
Funny how big players know how to work the rules to benifit themselves.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2020, 05:40:04 PM »
Bumblings has failed in their duty of care, not only to their customers, Team Members, but the communitty.

Why is that?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2020, 05:45:48 PM »
So I didn't need to do a ninja run to Bunnos yesterday to stock up for my weekend DIY
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/can-i-go-to-bunnings-diy-run-gets-tick-under-stay-at-home-rules-20200407-p54hwf.html

Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton told 3AW's Neil Mitchell on Tuesday that visiting a shop was a sufficient reason for being outside, as long as the retail business was not restricted under the Chief Health Officer's guidelines.

"Because Bunnings is open, I can go to Bunnings and buy a can of paint?," asked Mitchell.

"It would seem so at this stage, that's the way it would appear," Mr Patton said.

see... that clears everything up... if you ever get pulled over now, your going to Bunnings... cause it wont spread there.  ??? ??? ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2020, 07:19:41 PM »
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-fine-man-1652-for-driving-to-a-bike-trail-then-withdraw-it-20200407-p54hye.html

the confusion is - it should be all - or none..
You can go to bunnings, but you cant go for a pushy ride.. ???

But still no fines for the Apsen Crowd.
No fine because he is dead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »
No fine because he is dead.

Source ?

spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2020, 04:20:53 AM »
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2020, 06:54:45 AM »
Source ?
You have a keyboard, died at Frankston hospital

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »
You have a keyboard, died at Frankston hospital

I Googled it, and haven't found any mention of Pat Riordan, 34, the man who was fined for being too far from home, while driving to a bike track, dying.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2020, 08:41:03 AM »
The discussion was about the bloke that caught the virus at Aspen, returned to Melbourne, ignored the isolation rules and was gallivanting around Sorrento, going out for dinner etc.
I got my wires crossed too, the bloke that died at Frankston did indeed catch it at Aspen, but different bloke. The bloke being discussed was Andrew Abercrombie = https://www.afr.com/companies/healthcare-and-fitness/the-aspen-party-that-went-viral-and-came-home-to-toorak-and-portsea-20200327-p54efv

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/victorian-man-graham-findlay-dies-after-contracting-coronavirus-in-aspen-c-957921

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2020, 09:23:20 AM »
I Googled it, and haven't found any mention of Pat Riordan, 34, the man who was fined for being too far from home, while driving to a bike track, dying.

It also looks like the cops will not be tolerating people leaving their suburbs for this sort of behaviour in the future. Cops have now said that after this they will be booking people.  Bloke did a 35 minute drive to go to another suburb to exercise. . If everyone decided to do the same thing we might as well chuck the towell in now and declare the self entitled ones the winners..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2020, 09:25:20 AM »
The discussion was about the bloke that caught the virus at Aspen, returned to Melbourne, ignored the isolation rules and was gallivanting around Sorrento, going out for dinner etc.
I got my wires crossed too, the bloke that died at Frankston did indeed catch it at Aspen, but different bloke. The bloke being discussed was Andrew Abercrombie = https://www.afr.com/companies/healthcare-and-fitness/the-aspen-party-that-went-viral-and-came-home-to-toorak-and-portsea-20200327-p54efv

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/victorian-man-graham-findlay-dies-after-contracting-coronavirus-in-aspen-c-957921

Yep, you had your wires crossed, the man you said had is fine revoked because he was dead (where you quote Bird's post above), was Pat Riordan. https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-fine-man-1652-for-driving-to-a-bike-trail-then-withdraw-it-20200407-p54hye.html

4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2020, 09:26:40 AM »
It also looks like the cops will not be tolerating people leaving their suburbs for this sort of behaviour in the future. Cops have now said that after this they will be booking people.  Bloke did a 35 minute drive to go to another suburb to exercise. . If everyone decided to do the same thing we might as well chuck the towell in now and declare the self entitled ones the winners..

And so they should, but that has nothing to do with my post, that you're quoting....

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2020, 09:37:11 AM »
Tomato please.
Geeze I thought you might learn how to spell during your sabbatical   >:D ;D

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »
Geeze I thought you might learn how to spell during your sabbatical   >:D ;D

I was commenting on the link you posted..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2020, 09:57:47 AM »
I was commenting on the link you posted..

???

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »
Quote from: Bigfish
It also looks like the cops will not be tolerating people leaving their suburbs for this sort of behaviour in the future. Cops have now said that after this they will be booking people.

They have to pay for the billions in handouts somehow... @1600 each its much faster than $200 for a speeding fine, or 150 for j walking.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »
???

Sorry mate...was meant to reply to Troopy.. :cheers:

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »
Cabin fever.

I have a friend who is 45, fair skinned ranga, beautiful person to.. We spent an awesome 12+ mths together doing everything, she even got her own bike license and bike so we could travel.

I got a random text from her few weeks ago... "they've given me 3 weeks onwards to live"... Talk about a kick in the face... I had no idea she was that sick.

Well she was given 3 weeks to live 4 weeks ago, so is on borrowed time... She beat melanoma 2 times over 10yrs - but you dont win 3 times...

She has plans though, she wants to see her brothers kid when its fired out in a few months, holidays to here, do this do that.. I guess its trying to stay positive.. but you can hear she is really tiring.. She was in North Shore Hospital other night, n we chatted for hour or 2 after I think it was steroid shot and she was wide awake..

Listening to her talk, she has her grave picked out, coffin, songs for funeral, and yesterday blew my mind when she said "I've just seen my headstone design - its awesome"...  Talk about taking it better than I would...

What a truly ****ed way to spend your last days with this virus bullShit going on...  she is scared to leave home, as if she cops this - it will take any time she really has left away.

I also know one of our own - the great Bretto (BrettB) is in a similar situation where he cant do Shit with his cancer but his is controlled by medication still (or was week or so ago when I messaged him).

What a world.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
Yep, you had your wires crossed, the man you said had is fine revoked because he was dead (where you quote Bird's post above), was Pat Riordan. https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-fine-man-1652-for-driving-to-a-bike-trail-then-withdraw-it-20200407-p54hye.html

I never commented on a bike rider, or his fine, just the Aspen crowd, but Ok you win.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
Cabin fever.

I have a friend who is 45, fair skinned ranga, beautiful person to.. We spent an awesome 12+ mths together doing everything, she even got her own bike license and bike so we could travel.

I got a random text from her few weeks ago... "they've given me 3 weeks onwards to live"... Talk about a kick in the face... I had no idea she was that sick.

Well she was given 3 weeks to live 4 weeks ago, so is on borrowed time... She beat melanoma 2 times over 10yrs - but you dont win 3 times...

She has plans though, she wants to see her brothers kid when its fired out in a few months, holidays to here, do this do that.. I guess its trying to stay positive.. but you can hear she is really tiring.. She was in North Shore Hospital other night, n we chatted for hour or 2 after I think it was steroid shot and she was wide awake..

Listening to her talk, she has her grave picked out, coffin, songs for funeral, and yesterday blew my mind when she said "I've just seen my headstone design - its awesome"...  Talk about taking it better than I would...

What a truly ****ed way to spend your last days with this virus bullShit going on...  she is scared to leave home, as if she cops this - it will take any time she really has left away.

I also know one of our own - the great Bretto (BrettB) is in a similar situation where he cant do Shit with his cancer but his is controlled by medication still (or was week or so ago when I messaged him).

What a world.

Its a pretty crap place to be in. I really feel for all the cancer sufferers who can't get treatment and patients who have had their surgery cancelled due to this virus. Its a serious rock and a hard place. And then we get all the entitled a*holes who think they can do whatever they want, potentially placing many at risk. I'm not sure if I'm sad or angry about some of humanity these days.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
Cabin fever.

What a world.

This why I get pissed off withe whingers and self entitled in society.  Does not matter who you are...there are people doing it 10 times tougher and yet majority say nothing and get on with life best they can.  Society has become a bunch of softcocks... :cheers:

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2020, 11:28:06 AM »

This why I get pissed off withe whingers and self entitled in society.  Does not matter who you are...there are people doing it 10 times tougher and yet majority say nothing and get on with life best they can.  Society has become a bunch of softcocks... :cheers:
Was about to say what I really think but chose not to.

But all the talk of entitled ones, idiots, morons, softcocks, on and on and on is just ridiculous. People need to grow up.

Yes people are doing it tough, some more
 so than others, but this virus is most definitely not the existential threat to humanity that some people want to make it out to be.

The infection numbers are falling, despite all the supposedly abhorrent behaviour of all the self entitled ones. And are likely to continue to do so. But the virus threat will never be gone, even if we beat Covid 19, there will be another virus in the future. Or are we just going to lock our borders down forever. Go back to living like it was 1788! No doubt that is what some on this forum would like.

If that’s where we are heading then let me the F off this planet now.

I don’t normally get angry reading online posts, nor do I care about criticism from some random stranger I’m never likely to meet. But from Coronavirus to George Pell to Anti-China and all the small minded bigotry that goes with it, I think MySwag has run its course for me.

It’s fair to say I have at times contributed to and fed the discussion. But this will be my last post for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
Quote from: rockrat
But all the talk of entitled ones, idiots, morons, softcocks, on and on and on is just ridiculous. People need to grow up.
there was a comment on the news feed earlier about someone from Port Stephens that has watched a constant stream of rich ****s in yachts floating in under darkness to their holiday location all night and morning...

Hope she calls the cops on all the rich ****s and ruin their holidays... disappointing to see the head cop in NSW saying tghey will scan caravan parks and give people the chance to pack up and go home OR then fine them.... What about warnings for the kids playing xbox yesterday - or anyone who was fined ??? no warnings for them.  Those ****s chose to **** off on holidays.

Day by Day this Shit gets dumber and more confusing.

Markets open, Great Ocean Road to remain open over Easter, WHY?  nobody is supposed to leave home.... or is there a bunnings on the GOR now?

Sydney beaches they are concrete blocking the carparks at the beaches... why?? Cause ****wits.
https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6716836/cronulla-beaches-and-car-parks-close-for-long-weekend/?cs=12
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:27:12 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2020, 12:31:40 PM »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2020, 12:38:02 PM »
Its a pretty crap place to be in. I really feel for all the cancer sufferers who can't get treatment and patients who have had their surgery cancelled due to this virus. Its a serious rock and a hard place. And then we get all the entitled a*holes who think they can do whatever they want, potentially placing many at risk. I'm not sure if I'm sad or angry about some of humanity these days.
agree
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home