Author Topic: Centrelink SCAM!! who voted in this government  (Read 35152 times)

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Centrelink SCAM!! who the F%^% voted in this government
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »
yes but what does that have to do with wat stabi said?? He hit every nail on the head... just cause other countries are ****ed doesnt make our system or "leaders" worth a pinch of Shit

Well, he did say "We have the most corrupt, narcissistic, bombastic and self centered grubbermnent IN THE WORLD."
Which is obviously utter tripe.....
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Centrelink SCAM!! who voted in this government
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »
Just wondering when the 5 dual citizen politicians will be getting their letters demanding that they pay back the salaries??
Seems the only thing to do now that it has been proven in the highest court in the land that they all have made false claims and effectively stolen these wages from us tax payers.....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:16:10 PM by Pete79 »

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Centrelink SCAM!! who voted in this government
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »
Just wondering when the 5 dual citizen politicians will be getting their letters demanding that they pay back the salaries??
Seems the only thing to do now that it has been proven in the highest court in the land that they all have made false claims and effectively stolen these wages from us tax payers.....

I will preface this  to say that I am non political and my only hope is that the elected representatives have the balls to have a dig.
I would disagree that the 5 should be forced to hand back the salary paid. They were "employed"  to do a job, and for what it is worth did that job. For instance, Barnaby Joyce never knowingly committed to the role thinking " hey this is illegal but I will see if I can get away with it".
"Everywhere I go, the overwhelming sentiment in the New England is people are saying: 'How could you be born in the Tamworth Base Hospital, where your great grandmother was born in Tamworth, where your great grandfather was born in Glen Innes, where you served in the Australian Army Reserves and somehow you are not an Australian? I mean, does that work?'" Mr Joyce told RN.
He never knowingly stole that salary. He committed to the role and had a dig.
It seems a farcical situation that someone can serve and be payed to be a ADF member yet can't serve on our Parliment. A throw back to our Colonial days.
I don't think you would expect to repay a salary if found through unknowingly being in-eligible for a job.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:46:47 PM by rags »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2017, 09:49:39 PM »
Is that for entire time they have been a polly or just since the election  ;D ;D  Some go back at least 9 odd years as a Polly ..
Lets not mention all the other costs too, secretary / office / office refurbishment / travel and accomodation  / living away from home / gold card medical and amongst other things Superannuation perks .
Wasnt there something in the paper work they had to fill out and sign to become a polly  about the heritage of your family and had show that you you taken all reasonable steps to find out if you could be  a dual citizen or not .. and thats why all 7 judges of the high court dumped them because they hadnt ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:03:06 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
I do agree it's a throw back to older times.... BUT, rules is rules.

It was 100% their responsibility to confirm for 100% that they didn't hold any other rights to other countries. They all knew that when they ran for their positions.

Just as apparently every other normal citizen should know every single rule about taxation and be 100% responsible if they ever happen to claim payment that where perhaps not entitled to.

As the pollies told those dole bluggers, ignorance is no excuse....

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »

It was 100% their responsibility to confirm for 100% that they didn't hold any other rights to other countries. They all knew that when they ran for their positions.

Just as apparently every other normal citizen should know every single rule about taxation and be 100% responsible if they ever happen to claim payment that where perhaps not entitled to.

That's Totally correct, until it involves the Pollies themselves.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »
The pay back period would then be dependant of when did they become ineligible.

When do their decisions start becoming dicey?

This is where the experts are divided.

Labor's advice, from Matthew Collins QC (who represented actress Rebel Wilson in her recent defamation case) and Matthew Albert QC, reckons it comes three months after they were sworn in as ministers — October 20, 2016.

But constitutional experts such as Professor Anne Twomey from the University of Sydney and Professor George Williams from the University of New South Wales seem to disagree with the Opposition.

They argue it's more likely challenges could be allowed against decisions made after Mr Joyce and Ms Nash were under a dual citizenship cloud.

Until then, they had the apparent authority to act as ministers. After those revelations, their authority was questionable.

That would mean the date for Mr Joyce is August 14, 2017 and for Ms Nash it would be August 17, 2017.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
Wonder what the penalties  for making a false declarations on official government documents at  the  state and federal  level are ...
Reckon if it was you or  I, we  would be cowering in the corner of a Long Bay 8 x 6 one window holiday unit hoping not to meet Ben Dover .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »

Every citizen is not expected to know every rule regarding taxation. They are expected to truthfully complete their taxation responsibility. For some with complex affairs they can entrust accountants to assist. Entrusting an accountant does not obsolve the tax payers obligation.
Every citizen, particularly receiving benefit provided by me and other tax payers  are  expected to report their situation.
It is a bit hard to expect that all folk would know there infinite heritage or reciprocal citizenship entitlements.
With regards politicians taking salaries, I have more issue with a representative receiving protection and salary whilst facing criminal charges for stealing Union members money to satisfy their desires and then being found guilty.
But hey that wouldn't happen.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2017, 10:25:49 PM »
https://www.ancestry.com.au ;)

My mum can tell you both sides of my family trees going back to about 1735. If you've got a spare 30 hours or so she'll happily tell you all about them.... ;D

But I'm clearly just having a dig here.
Just pointing out another little bit of hypocrisy between these 2 cases of claiming things you're not entitled to.
Obviously it's just bad luck for these hard working politicians that they didn't do their due diligence before applying for a position they where ineligible to hold... ;)

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:01 PM »
https://www.ancestry.com.au ;)

My mum can tell you both sides of my family trees going back to about 1735. If you've got a spare 30 hours or so she'll happily tell you all about them.... ;D

I too can  provide a history of both my paternal and maternal family trees, both sides are from the original boat people's. In fact my fathers sides story is in print in the State Library. I am descendant to a black slave who found his way via a free trip to Australia on the first fleet. My descendant was Gov Phillips own non-indigenise black fellow  working on Elizabeth Farm, who done good and ended up with his own land grant on his pardon.
In saying that I don't have a clue if I have any entitlement to citzenship to another country. Like Barnaby I was born to Australian parents who were children of Australian born parents.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:52:22 PM by rags »

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 07:46:44 AM »
Don't quite understand all the carry-on about decisions now being illegal, & possibly challenging everything that's been voted on by these "foreigners" :D

It's written up in the Rules for Associations etc that even if it turns out that somebody shouldn't have been on the Committee, then anything that happened while they were is still OK.

Just for the sake of it, I looked it up:

"28 Acts not affected by defects or disqualifications
(1) An act performed by the management committee, a subcommittee or a person acting as a member of the management committee is taken to have been validly performed.
(2) Subrule (1) applies even if the act was performed when—
(a) there was a defect in the appointment of a member of the management committee, subcommittee or person acting as a member of the management committee; or
(b) a management committee member, subcommittee member or person acting as a member of the management committee was disqualified from being a member."

If something like that is specified for the operation of every little 2-bit Association in Oz, then wouldn't something similar apply to actually running the Country ???
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »
Challenging past decisions is a complete waste of money yet again...get on with doing something constructive for the country's good instead. No wonder so many people think our pollies are useless knobs, they are only concerned about political point scoring  rather then setting our country up for the future ::) ::)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t
The following users thanked this post: plusnq, tryagain

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2017, 06:38:18 PM »
Challenging past decisions is a complete waste of money yet again...get on with doing something constructive for the country's good instead. No wonder so many people think our pollies are useless knobs, they are only concerned about political point scoring  rather then setting our country up for the future ::) ::)

Agree, Rumpig.  Just time wasting rather than doing something worthwile.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.