Author Topic: Fusion Bluetooth CD/USB Issue Solved  (Read 2336 times)

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Fusion Bluetooth CD/USB Issue Solved
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:10:49 AM »
Hi All,

Thought I would share with those of you who have these players and who may have experienced issues with trying to turn these things off.

This is one of those things that, while pretty small as problems go, really annoyed the crap out of me.

We bought our 2013 Swan OB at the end of 2015 and love it....but I could never seem to be able to turn the stereo off...I could turn off the radio...but the lights would still be flashing etc. My response was to simply take the fuse out....problem sorted.

Yesterday for the first time in over twelve months, I actually read the bloody manual properly and had a light bulb moment !!
While I was turning the radio off correctly...the reason the lights would still be on was because the thing was set on the shop DEMO mode...once I changed the setting in the manual....the thing magically turned itself off.

Lesson to self....read the bloody manual properly next time  :-[

Cheers
Rob
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:36:53 AM by archer63 »

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Fusion Bluetooth CD/USB Issue Solved
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »
Did the manual say at the start, Now that all else has failed you are now reading the Manual ;D

I have a set of yella terra rockers manual, that has that statement as the first line on them.
The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
Must be showing my age....couldn't work out why a player like this would have a demo mode !!
Also played around with the other settings and now it also sounds much better than before.

Offline loanrangie

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
It will revert back to demo mode each time the power is cut so be prepared to change the settings again, my mechless fusion BT unit doesnt have the demo mode so i only loose the preset's when power is disconnected.
MY08 TDV6 SE D3,
2003 Dingo Offroad Camper Trailer.
1974 Kombi microbus
1958 FC special sedan
1998 Triumph Daytona T595

Offline MattMu

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »
My Swan didnt have a fusion but nice little headunit and it had the demo mode. Very quickly removed that and found I could also set it up so the screen dimmed down after a few seconds from touching the screen or changing something. Manual was a godsend, wouldnt have worked it out without reading as it was quite complicated.

What I did hate was the way it was wired into the Jayco was totally isolated from the battery when you flicked the isolation switch. While I understand with the principle of not running the battery down, losing all my presets, setting the station presets, clock setting and killing the stupid demo mode every-time drove me nuts. Removed the memory feed from the wiring and ran a direct feed to the battery solved it all. Not sure if the fusion is the same but might be worth considering if you had the chits with it like me.

Matt.

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »
Bugger ....here I was thinking how clever I was ...to only have the same thing happen next time !!
Oh well..at least I know what to do now.

Cheers
Rob

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »
haha, one of the RTFM moments eh...  ;D
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 06:36:23 PM »
Definately  :cheers: