Author Topic: 12v Fans  (Read 14124 times)

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 12v Fans
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 09:46:13 AM »
Well, after finally ordering a one a few days ago it rocked up by courier today, not bad for $12.58 altogether.  Hooked it up to the camper battery and initial observations are
  • First reaction whilst it was in the box was "that cute" It looked smaller than I'd imagined but after I assembled it, it was as expected.
  • It seems to have a good output, a pretty large volume at low velocity which I like  as opposed to a smaller volume at high velocity of a lot of the smaller fans
  • When giving it a spin it seemed a bit clunky, One of the reviews I saw on youtube of them someone also said this but then in a later review said it had seemed to wear in. I have it running at the moment and will leave it for a few hours to see if it makes a difference. 
  • Probably slightly noisier than expected, I wouldn't call it loud but also wouldn't call it quiet, the review mentioned above also said it got quieter after wearing in. Its noise is never going to effect my sleeping but I have read on here some people complain about the noise their fridge fan makes so might be something to consider for those who are a bit precious about their noise.
  • I was a bit concerned about the kids getting injured from putting their hand etc into one, after giving it a try I think it would likely cause tears but not blood.
  • A bit of a plus and a minus is that it is very compact in the box, so packed up like this it will take hardly any space, the minus bit is that for transport in a camper I think it will likely require being pulled apart which entails one screw for each of the 3 fan blades, it's not a biggie but just something else to have to do.

your observations are exactly the same as mine.

just on the pack up, i keep a small screwdriver and some extra screws in a ziplock bag and remove the blades when packing away.  only takes a minute and you always have the screwdriver handy.