Author Topic: Black Series.... thoughts  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Ardi

• Sleeping Bag User
Black Series.... thoughts
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:45:59 AM »
Just curious if anyone has a black series camper? Or if anyone has any injut on them? Dont seem to see much on here but advertised heaps elsewhere.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Black Series.... thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:50:19 AM »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: Ardi

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:54:25 AM »
As D4D linked, they are a imported camper who have changed there branding to something new in the last year or so. Research and inspection of the camper would be advised. Nothing wrong with imported campers if you go in with eyes open and use it to its abilities

GG

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 05:59:13 AM »
Black Series apparently used to be GIC campers, hence the link posted above. Google GIC to understand more.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Shaun99

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »

Out of interest does myswag have a disclaimer? I don't remember seeing one.

Providing one would be protection for the owners and administrators.

Web site forum disclaimer example:

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of YOUR COMPANY NAME (unless YOUR COMPANY NAME is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this YOUR COMPANY NAME web site does not mean that YOUR COMPANY NAME has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to yourname@yourcompanyname.com. This forum is not monitored 24/7."

:cheers:

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:02 AM »
they are an imported camper. Research and inspection of the camper would be advised. Nothing wrong with imported campers if you go in with eyes open and use it to its abilities

And that there I think is the best succinct summary of the local vs imported protracted camper debate I have seen.

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
Really!!!    Is this really the sort of  #@&$   e v e r y t h i n g  has to hide  stand  behind  these days...  ??   ??    >:D    >:D    >:D

I was hoping that myswag could stay "real world" - and remain free of banners; gratuitous and annoying advertising - and the likes of the gunk below...

Just hop'n - that's all......

Out of interest does myswag have a disclaimer? I don't remember seeing one.

Providing one would be protection for the owners and administrators.

Web site forum disclaimer example:

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of YOUR COMPANY NAME (unless YOUR COMPANY NAME is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this YOUR COMPANY NAME web site does not mean that YOUR COMPANY NAME has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to yourname@yourcompanyname.com. This forum is not monitored 24/7."

:cheers:
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
As D4D linked, they are a imported camper who have changed there branding to something new in the last year or so. Research and inspection of the camper would be advised. Nothing wrong with imported campers if you go in with eyes open and use it to its abilities

GG
like with some local companies, sometimes the issue is the after sales service or complete lack of it. There's a few import camper mobs getting good raps for how they run their businesses, but then there's others that are polar opposite...it's not just the camper unit itself people need to look at.

Offline cheif carlos

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »
Hey Audi,

go for a drive to the big smoke this weekend for the 4wd show at eastern creek, they will be there along with others in the price range.

Talk to other people in the area looking at them, ask them if they have found any good/bad points. I have met people who are happy with what they bought and vise versa. Yet I could buy 3-6 for what I bought ours at and I think the owners of the business don't look enough at the quality of their end product. That said I had ours rebuilt!
Need to get the backside into gear and get out camping

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »
Just curious if anyone has a black series camper? Or if anyone has any injut on them? Dont seem to see much on here but advertised heaps elsewhere.

I posted about these somewhere else on this forum. Mate has a Black Series Alpha and it suits him and his family of 5 and he's very happy with it. But they're not going to drag it over the Oodnadtta Track or up the Cape.  Eleventy million poles to set up the annexe though.

I had a quick squiz at it on our first outing, and some of the wiring didn't have grommets as it passed through the stone guard, and the water tap broke during its first week's use (could have been operator induced though), otherwise it looked fine for what they want to do which is drive to a caravan park/camping ground occasionally over some well maintained dirt roads.

On the same trip, my 10 year old aussie built camper broke its rear hatch latches, and the other 2 year old (now defunct import) lost a bolt from its disc brake calipers so that they were rubbing on the rotor). On the next trip, during a bout heavy rain, mine and the other camper had slight leaks - mine on a seam, the other over a door. The Alpha didn't. Make of that what your will and as always YMMV.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Ardi

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
Had a look at these today at the Syd show. I also had a look at the MDC, Skamper Kamper, Eztrail and blue water. To be honest I did not see a huge variance between them all, perhaps the Blue Water ones were finished nicer and looked to have better fixtures (but are out of my $ range.

I guess without going to an Aus built trailer the imports are all going to have similar traits.

Too many campers on the market! Going to have a look at the Modcon campers next then try and toss up if its worth going for the higher end of the imports, or buying a lower range one and adding the extras we want ourselves.

Offline Frawls

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
I have a Black Series Dominator, so far so good. First night out, the rain came down in buckets not a drop inside. The wind was also blowing hard. Replaced the mattress, the original one was like slieeping on plank of wood. Cleaned up some wiring and that's it. :4x4: :cheers: :cheers:
🍻🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍻🍻🍻🍻

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
I wouldnt own one simply because of their attitude and heavy handedness toward negative comments. They could build the best camper under the sun but it would never darken my driveway.
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING
The following users thanked this post: Fathom

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 07:33:42 PM »
Quote from: Joff
I wouldnt own one simply because of their attitude and heavy handedness toward negative comments. They could build the best camper under the sun but it would never darken my driveway.

x eleventy. + reports elsewhere of awesome aftersales service.
Wonder why they changed their name.. strange move....

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »
sadly though they seem to be doing ok for themselves...I drive past their big flash wharehouse regularly and there's a heap of trailers in their yard, and trucks dropping off 4 or 5 more at a time on a regular basis. Changing their name appears to be working for them looking in from the outside

Offline rsteedman

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »
I've got a Patron. I've been on 2 quick weekend trips and a week on Fraser.
Except for busting off the jockey wheel handle (operator error) I can't really fault it.

Yeah, there's a few corners cut in the quality of the finish but it all functions. I will redo some of the wiring to suit my needs and a couple of other changes in due course (upgrade water pump etc).

I will note, I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm concerned about the ball weight. As with most FF campers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk