Author Topic: Mudjimba Caravan Park - Sunshine Coast  (Read 1705 times)

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Mudjimba Caravan Park - Sunshine Coast
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:23:25 PM »
Hi All,

Wife and I just got back from spending 4 nights up at Mudjimba Caravan Park on the Sunshine Coast. Nice, fairly quiet spot ( apart from park extension earthworks...oh and being near the airport...aircraft noise ) with paperbark trees throughout the park and only a short less than 5 min walk to the beach. Drove up to Point Arkwright Thursday morning and saw some whales swimming by...beautiful spot !

Minor panic shortly after arrival when the entry/exit swipe card was lost....which was kindly dropped back to us by the park owners....phew !
Toilet/shower/laundry blocks were not the most modern but were kept clean and the water pressure was very good. Wife and I went for an early morning walk along the beach each day before walking back along the esplanade and stopping off for a coffee and a delicious quiche....wicked !!

Positives...owners seemed friendly and helpful and guests were welcome to take a free courier mail each morning. Most sites in our little street had dual slabs. Paper bark trees along the streets I find help to create that relaxing vibe. Short easy walk to the beach and coffee shops, eateries etc. Short 5min drive to a small shopping centre with a Coles, newsagent, barber, tavern etc.
When it comes to shopping centre's though it was worth the 15 min drive down to the Sunshine Shopping Centre at Mooloolaba which is huge !

Negatives...unfortunately our site was more or less under one of those nice paperbarks which meant our car, van and annex are going to need quite a clean this weekend due to bird crap etc. Aircraft noise was also a slight negative...but you do tend to get used to it after a while and at least it wasn't as busy as a major city airport etc.

Message to self.....next time when booking, specify a site that is out in the open and not under trees !

All in all we had a nice relaxing time up at the sunshine coast and we are already looking forward to our next planned trip away in November...Rainbow Beach.

Cheers
Rob
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:27:29 PM by archer63 »

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Re: Mudjimba Caravan Park - Sunshine Coast
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:25:31 PM »
Few more pics
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:28:58 PM by archer63 »

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Mudjimba Caravan Park - Sunshine Coast
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »
Our secret part of the world, although haven't stayed in the caravan park as we are lucky enough to have a house up there, where I am now.
The following users thanked this post: archer63