Author Topic: Cotton Tree Caravan Park  (Read 2045 times)

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
Cotton Tree Caravan Park
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:21:04 PM »
Hi All,

Wife and I took off on Friday for a 2 day stay at Cotton Tree Caravan Park up on the Sunshine Coast for our 22nd anniversary. We've never been here before and were amazed at how big the van park is right beside the Maroochy river mouth. Great place to stay for everyone...young families and retirees. Happy hour along the foreshore was just magic....we'll be back.
But...heard a whisper that the council owned park is to be sold within the next couple of years which would be a real shame as it's such a nice spot. Nice surprise finding a Coffee Club just across the road the the van park....and that they are open for breakfast from 6.30am !!
Plenty of other shops across the road as well...a bit like Noosa.
Couldn't seem to get a clear TV signal on any station up there though which was a tad annoying.
Bought a few small things Saturday morning that have made or will make a big difference to our getaway stays. First item purchased was from Bunnings which I wish I had bought BEFORE we left home....a light 4 step ladder, which would have saved me time setting up eg: bed flys and annex. While there we also bought one of those AmpFibian Max 15A - 10A power adapters so we can safely pre-chill the fridge at home before departure for $260. Have seen these online for as little as $230 but other places are selling them for their full price of $295... so I guess we bought in the middle of the price range so could have been worse. Also bought one of those (at last !! ) fold up mini clothes lines and.....a broom for sweeping sand off the slab !!
Small things for sure....but :)
Certainly miss our twin butane spinifex cooker which I had to take back to Anaconda as one of the gas control knobs broke which I'm still waiting a replacement  >:D, so ended up having to take our home Coleman Road trip grill with iron plates which means weight plus a gas bottle....just bigger and bulkier which is a pain.
Still thinking about getting one of those CGear flooring mats ?
Just getting back to the fridge...I puts four of those large cooling blocks in the fridge ( 2 in the freezer and 2 in the door ) before we left home and I've gotta say they seemed to have definately helped in drastically cutting down the time taken to get the fridge cold when hooking up to power at a van park, but to be fair it wasn't quite as hot as it was earlier in the year. That alone has got me having second thoughts about getting an Anderson plug fitted to the Pajero as it would certainly save us hundreds of dollars.

Wife and I decided we would start buying fridge magnets from the places we go with our Swan... so we bought two. One for home and one for the van but discovered later that the van fridge does not have a metallic door face  :-[

Best part of the weekend was definately happy hour having a rum & coke and a beer with the missus....magic.

Oh forgot to mention that the toilet/shower/communal cooking blocks are top notch.

Cheers
Rob

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:22:45 PM by archer63 »

Offline street camper

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Cotton Tree Caravan Park
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »
Glad u enjoyed ur stay there. The  wife and I love the place hope to get there again soon once the little one gets a bit older. Every thing is within walking distance👍
The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Cotton Tree Caravan Park
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:56:44 AM »
Its in Queensland............ would you expect anything else.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.
The following users thanked this post: archer63