Author Topic: 4wd action poor service - happy outcome for all  (Read 3688 times)

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
4wd action poor service - happy outcome for all
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
Ok so haven't posted for a while but thought I might share my latest experience with 4wd action. A couple of weeks ago got the usual call from the sales dept you all know the ones. Generally their customer service leads a lot to be desired. Well this day dealt no surprises either. Without going into much detail I was sold an offer of 4wd action mags together with some bonus items all up I was very happy. Basically what happened was the day after I paid a new mag turned up and I noticed the subscriptions left was way more than the sales person said they were. When I questioned them they told me that I bought my other magazine which insidently was never mentioned. I was also told the number purchased was less then I was sold. They went on to say that the subscription numbers on the front of the mag were wrong and had been for a long time and everyone knew that. Obviously I must have been living under a rock for quite some time I hate when I'm the last to know about these things. As soon as I questioned them about the numbers she became extremely rude and said I was accusing them of lying and she didn't like my tone and was cancelling my latest subscription. I had not once raised my voice or swore. I calmly told her that she was the one being rude and she was going to terminate the call. I asked her to put me through to the supervisor and subsequently told me she was the boss and had been there for eternity which turned out also to be a lie. So after many phone calls I discovered that two of the sales girls had caused quite a scene in the office on this particular day. They were both now not working at the magazine. I did however receive a call eventually from the real supervisor who not only fixed up the numbers discrepancy but topped up my numbers. She also transferred some mags from one of my other subscriptions to 4wd action as well which was very nice of her. Lastly today I received in the mail a sidchrome sealed head ratchet set worth a few dollars so I see on the internet so all in all pretty happy with the outcome. If any of you were also caught up in the dealings of these two sales girls don't be afraid to speak up. Still love the mag probably more for the movies now than anything else. Thanks for listening

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline deepop

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Living the dream.
Re: 4wd action poor service - happy outcome for all
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »
Yeah, if I go back to the mag it'll be because they had something included in the subs. offer that I wanted.   I would also really only get it for the DVD.
Manual petrol 105 series 'cruiser.
Aust. trailers semi off road trailer with Southern Cross Canvas tent, water, gas, kitchen and other stuff.

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
My son loves the DVD and I get them for him when he passes certain levels at school as a reward. Luckily our local newsagent sells the previous months videos in the bargain bin for $2, so happy with that.

But glad they came to the party and looked after you.

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »
Yeah, if I go back to the mag it'll be because they had something included in the subs. offer that I wanted.   I would also really only get it for the DVD.
I'm the same only buy now when there is something good in the deal

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline Signature035

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The older I get...... the better I was
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 08:08:17 PM »
Far better outcome than I got,  calls and emails ignored after the bonus Sidchrome gear never turned up despite repeated promises, Cancelled my subscription and will never go there agian.
Rob
2012 Prado D4D Altitude &
04 Jayco Eagle Outback

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
Far better outcome than I got,  calls and emails ignored after the bonus Sidchrome gear never turned up despite repeated promises, Cancelled my subscription and will never go there agian.
what I didn't say originally was I had to make numerous calls after no return calls my way. I also felt like you did but I was fuming and wanted answers so I didn't give up. In this case it was poor staff not the mag that let me down. I wanted to make sure others did not receive service like I received.

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »

Rocky got yours  ;D
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline rockygu4.8

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »
Rocky got yours  ;D
Hmm you might be right. I however was not promised anything although the lady I spoke to said she would look for something as a sweetener but wasn't holding my breathe.

4.8 litre Gu Patrol
2006 Goldstream Storm
2010 Armadilo Arma X

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 11:14:28 PM »
In this case it was poor staff not the mag that let me down. I wanted to make sure others did not receive service like I received.

NO - its the habitual systemic failure of $WDA    errrr I mean 4WDA...

Imagine having a business model so tragic - one that is based on lying to your advertisers - (about the all important subscription numbers) - because you are flogging a product very few want, or read - the (circ) fugues being "faked and fudged" - through the accelerant that is the product giveaways...

Then in the midst of all that - 4WDA management manage to bungle everything - all the way to their eventual irrelevance (and oblivion); no doubt!
eg:
# The way they treated Roothy
# Perpetually high pressure sales grunts - whom are rude; poorly trained; very pushy and aggressive, etc.   No checks and QC or KPIs on them (maybe apart from $$$ KPI)....   
# DVD episodes wrecked by advertising blitzkriegs
# Slack or negligent customer complaint follow through from supervisors and managers: "non existent"...
# etc

Spoke to Brendan (or was that "Glenno"?)  MD many years ago - and told him to cancel my sub...

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.