Author Topic: Rainbow to Double Island Point.  (Read 1947 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Rainbow to Double Island Point.
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:32:26 PM »
Looking good for anyone headed up that way this week, the sand is on its way back . Lifted from Rainbow Beach Towings facebook pic of yesterdays low tide .
2nd pic is middle rocks not sure what the Sticks are like atm ...  Only 20 and a wakey till we hit the beach  ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:37:36 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Rainbow to Double Island Point.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »
Yep we were up there last weekend. Perfect weather.  Rocks easily passable
Cheers

Justin

Offline Nick74

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »
I have been in QLD for a month and I am keen to duck out for a day and have a look at that beach run.

With that beach, I am assuming it is the normal 2hrs either side of low tide are the best/easiest time to travel? Or is there more leeway?
Cheers Nick
2013 PB Challenger
2011 GIC Offroad aka Katie
If I loved these tyres any more they would be beer - David Freiberger 2015

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 07:33:03 PM »
I have been in QLD for a month and I am keen to duck out for a day and have a look at that beach run.

With that beach, I am assuming it is the normal 2hrs either side of low tide are the best/easiest time to travel? Or is there more leeway?

Really depends on the tide heights and whether there has been alot of weather and swell. You can check the Rainbow Rocks facebook page for recent photos and comments but I just usually go and check it. If you can't get around safely driving back down to the Freshwater track and over that only adds an hour (give or take) and there is never really that much of a rush to get to Rainbow for anything, except a steak lunch at the pub.

It's also very easy to park your car on the DI side of the rocks and walk up the hill to Rainbow, maybe a 10 minute walk.

Rather than go to Rainbow once you get off the Leisha Track turn right and head out to the Rainbow side of DI........that is a spectacular part of the planet and the true jewel in the crown of the Cooloola National Park.

:cheers: