Author Topic: One Step Closer!!!!!!!!  (Read 4763 times)

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
One Step Closer!!!!!!!!
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:09:10 AM »
Yesterday we got a fantastic quote for our KK Platinum (Peters Hands Express Campers really came to the party), finance approved now just need a few weeks to finish collecting the deposit just in time for the Penrith Show. Options we have been quoted for are:

Second Water Tank
Tropical Rook
Drivers Side Storage Draw
Diesel Air Heater (yes that's Glamping not Camping)
Full wall kit for Kwik Awning
Upgrade to a 125watt flexi solar panel
5 year chassis warrantany
Rack Sack
Kamper Kover

The one thing I find amusing is that the kitchen option we are going for is a down grade to the LE kitchen. The platinum pantry slides out over the cookers which would be fun if you are cooking a suddenly want something from the pantry. The LE has the Split Pantry makes much more sense.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT
Kimberley Kamper Platinum 2013

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: One Step Closer!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »
Did you consider a used one and save yourself many thousands of $$??
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
Have kept an eye out for any with the mods we want but have not found one. Also really like the new 2012 kitchen set up, and there are no second hand ones on the market yet.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »
Great news guys, I am sure Peter and his crew at Express Campers will look after you. Some sensible options there and I had also questioned the pantry arrangement with the cookers in the new kitchen. I didn't realise there was a fix, but it sounds like you have found an option that would be more useable.

Congrates on the purchase, this is the way I would have gone.

Can't wait to see the pics, when it arrives.

Regards

Jas

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Will be up your way in Oct at Hillend, going to take the camping gear out for one last spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017 BT-50 GT

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »
Congratulations, killer wait but it will be worth it.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »
Patience is not a virtue that Iam known for
2017 BT-50 GT

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »
If you need anything when you are cruising through let me know and I will do my best to help. Remember the Macquarie River is closed to fishing until the October long weekend. I would hate for us to meet on the wrong terms...lol (local fisheries officer)  :police:

Have you camped at in the Capertee Valley at Glenn Davis before? or Newnes? Both are spectacular spots that are on your way up from Sydney to Hill End. There are some trip reports for both done by my 7 year old daughet in the trips section. The glow worm tunnel is also worth a look if you haven't done it before.

Regards

Jas

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
Thanks Jas,

Have not camped at capertee but did check it out when on another trip. Have done the Glow worms a few times, they are amazing. Going to Hill end (glendora camp ground) to have a relaxing weekend with a couple of other families. Love it there because it never gets crowed.

Funny Glendora camp ground was the first place I ever saw a Kimberley Kamper many many years ago. Remember thinking back then WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never thought one day I would own one!!!!!!!!

Lb
2017 BT-50 GT

Chris F

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »
Hi LB,

I went for the Limited Edition because of the kitchen set up and up spec'd it pretty much to a Platinum. The only difference between the two is the kitchen and a whole lot of optional extras.

Offline TOPNDR

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:33:50 PM by TOPNDR »
'09 VX TTD Cruiser:- 6 speed auto, 650 nm torque plus bling
'09 Australian Off Road Quantum

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:26 AM »
Hi Chris,

totally agree about the the kitchen set up (I do not understanding the thinking behind the platinum pantry), so we are downgrading to the LE kitchen they took $600 off. Originally we were getting the LE but when we added the options we wanted that came standard on the Platinum were not far off the price. Figured for resale down the track we would be better getting the platinum.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT

Chris F

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »
Hi Chris,

totally agree about the the kitchen set up (I do not understanding the thinking behind the platinum pantry), so we are downgrading to the LE kitchen they took $600 off. Originally we were getting the LE but when we added the options we wanted that came standard on the Platinum were not far off the price. Figured for resale down the track we would be better getting the platinum.

LB
Now that's something I never thought of, downgrading the Platinum kitchen. I didn't want all the Platinum features though, like the solar which I'll add later when I need it so I upgraded the LE. Some of the features of the KK that sold me were the disk breaks, the extended tent, the 2012 kitchen and their popularity. There are dealers in every state and I see more KK's on the road than any other CT in their price range. I couldn't believe that AORC and AS didn't offer disk breaks for the price. Anyway, you'll love your KK!

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:28 AM »
Hi Chris,

We were not fussed about the 2 x 40w solar panels so we asked if they could up grade to the 125w flexi and we will just pay the difference, that was no problem.

I know we could get the panels cheaper else where but I figured if something goes wrong we can just take it back to the same place so less hassel.

Just a question though why did you choose the 2 burner option over the BBQ one. We are thinking of doing the same thing.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT

Chris F

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
Hi LB,
We hired a couple of Kampers before buying ours. One was a 2010 model with the BBQ and we found it impractical, especially when needing to have two burners going at the same time. You can also do the same thing on a frypan as the BBQ anyway. We would end up taking the hot plate off and putting pots, pans and kettle on the trivet. We bought ourselves a Weber Baby Q so now we can BBQ properly, roast and bake while still being able to use the 3 burners available in the KK.
I guess you can't go wrong with the KK solar panels, their customer service is very good.

Offline LB

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 04:47:34 AM »
Hi Chris,

Thats kind of what we were thinking about the BBQ as well.

LB
2017 BT-50 GT

bunyip

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »
In less than 12 hours LB and I will have our Kimberly on order. I realise it is then a 10 week or so wait, but VERY EXCITING!!!!

Once we have ordered can we complete the What Brand Is Your CT poll?

Bunyip