Author Topic: 4WD Action - 100 series article WTF.  (Read 13548 times)

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
Re: 4WD Action - 100 series article WTF.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »
And I thought i was being civil.  Maybe the missus is right LOL.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Are the plates Victorian? :police:
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
Are the plates Victorian? :police:

They sure are.  :D

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
I didnt take Jas thread as being a whinge!

I thought it was quite funny.

Yeah, don't agree with it, no reason to slander. Have a laugh. Some people are a bit touchy feely, lighten up and see the brighter side.

Have a laugh, have some fun, learn from others expertise and experience and enjoy life, and enjoy the forum.

Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
Well if I see him driving I'll get my mate from VicRoads to weigh him as he carries portable scales. Hee hee

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
Well if I see him driving I'll get my mate from VicRoads to weigh him as he carries portable scales. Hee hee
Sounds like a good enough reason to sport a myswag sticker, wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no more.  :angel:
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »
Sounds like a good enough reason to sport a myswag sticker, wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no more.  :angel:

If you get pulled over you can say that Donuts/WYNO said it was ok.
Always helps to know the right kind o people.
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
If you get pulled over you can say that Donuts/WYNO said it was ok.
Always helps to know the right kind o people.
Like ya thinkin'
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
I didnt take Jas thread as being a whinge!

I thought it was quite funny.

Yeah, don't agree with it, no reason to slander. Have a laugh. Some people are a bit touchy feely, lighten up and see the brighter side.

Have a laugh, have some fun, learn from others expertise and experience and enjoy life, and enjoy the forum.

I didn't really think I was wingeing either but anyway. Its a good looking 100, just gone a bit OTT I think. He just needs to put 1/2 of the stuff in a CT and heel be right.  ;D

Offline BLKWDW

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I wasnt whinging. Was just making a point sorry if it came across a bit harsh. I was just stating when why is something being said bout this one vehicle when there would be plenty of cars with big tyres and factory brakes id be more inclined to complain about in the mag etc. Most cruiser and patrols would be over gvm with not alot added to them.

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
No worries mate.

I agree most would be over to some degree, this one just looks plain ludicrous when you see the photos. No room left in it at all except for the space for driver and passenger. Then 40lt of fuel behind the passengers seat, in front of the cargo barrier.

Each to there own.

Offline JU5T1N

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
naawwww every one has kissed 'n' made up!  :cheers:

surely it would handle like worn out slinky....cant see that any fun....wonder how the spring mounts are looking?  :police:

Perhaps he gets himself in knots when towing a trailer...or cant afford the CT due to his fuel consumption....perhaps bright spark tried to lighten the load using a hole saw....starting with his fuel tank  ;D

Nissan whore:
Nissan Patrol GUramax (Stripped by ADC)
Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-spec 480awkw
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR M-spec 830awkw (NOW SOLD)

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
If he bought a CT he cpould join this forum and get all of our advice first hand!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
4WD Action - 100 series article WTF.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »

That is a horrible thought. Has happened in the past when people have used a mag article to target someone to the police.

I'd hazard a guess the mag has packed the vehicle to the rafters for the article and it may not be the norm.

Offline JU5T1N

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »
That is a horrible thought. Has happened in the past when people have used a mag article to target someone to the police.

I'd hazard a guess the mag has packed the vehicle to the rafters for the article and it may not be the norm.
I would be surprised it already has happened. All the competition scene had that happen, photos of the cars in the mag's while competing. It began to be obvious it was only the car photos with the number plate in photo that got a knock on the door. Years ago I was getting knocks, around 6 times in 4mths. I got a call from the Mrs once when not only had they entered my property, they didn't go to the door and announce themselves. They just started writing up a list and sticked the car. Best part was when I pulled into my driveway blocking the unmarked vehicle in. They were on my property yet they were the hostiles in the way the started on me. I asked for ID 3 times and none was given....handy when you have a few mates high up, I called 1 that only lived around the corner.....gee the tune changed when they realised what I'd done  ;D
Turned out defecting a car that was not only locked away on my property but was also on a trailer was a waist of time.
I asked the 2 young offices to show me the defective points. 1st thing he pointed to came in the car from the factory....crossed that 1 off.
Then he wanted to defect the flexy flares....crossed off
rear seat belts that held a tyre in back on floor....crossed off as there was no seat there only a tyre
leaf springs lift too high ....springs were dead flat (in fact they were standard leaves)
At this point I asked were this has come from......no answer was given
I asked if in their inspection had the looked at the Rego sticker....I got a yes, its rego'ed
I asked was there any other details they needed to check on there....I got a blank look
I said how about the conditions on the bottom?......to which it was rechecked
Ohhhh he says.....is this vehicle engineered????....yes I replied.
Where are the papers he asked.....well they were in the glove box high & dry but I see when you helped yourselves to my bonnet release you have placed them in the inch thick mud on my floor "GEE THANKS GUYS"
nope....there was no sorry.
after these guys kept hitting dead ends and were having major troubles reading the report the senior officer that I had called stepped in and read it to them.
in the end he said to them, "well I cant see why your here."
finally I got my apology & defect was cancelled.
unfortunately it didn't end there. Around 2wks later 2 RTA officers were knocking at my door asking to see the car. Wife passed them the phone, I gave them the address. 15minutes later they were in my sponsors work shop. They were there for around 3hrs. Car passed everything. My exhaust Db had gone down....lol mud I guess
They were pretty human after that, I told them of the goings on so they said they will fix my issue, had a coffee & a little social chat and left.
Yes my car was majorly modified. Wheels, tyres, Spring over (cops didn't even notice this), engine & steering. How ever every item passed engineers, EPA & RTA examinations. Car was to be a true street rego competitor yet they tossed me in against cars that would never ever pass in a pink fit!!!!
At least I knew mine was right & legal just cost me a lot of time being stuffed around by people not checking for things like Engineers cert's, EPA cert's or DECCW certs. I dont think I've ever owned a standard car & cant imagine I ever will. But I sure do know they get the right papers.....especially when I know my family will travel in it.
If your car is in an accident and found to be not legal you can find yourself uninsured!!!!!

Nissan whore:

Offline Brett B

• Hard Top Camper User
  • just cruzin
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:30 PM »

Hey WYNO
are you talking about the grey haired guy
97 80 series and home made ct

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »
Hey WYNO
are you talking about the grey haired guy

No I don't think he has grey hair yet.

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
I would be surprised it already has happened. All the competition scene had that happen, photos of the cars in the mag's while competing. It began to be obvious it was only the car photos with the number plate in photo that got a knock on the door. Years ago I was getting knocks, around 6 times in 4mths. I got a call from the Mrs once when not only had they entered my property, they didn't go to the door and announce themselves. They just started writing up a list and sticked the car. Best part was when I pulled into my driveway blocking the unmarked vehicle in. They were on my property yet they were the hostiles in the way the started on me. I asked for ID 3 times and none was given....handy when you have a few mates high up, I called 1 that only lived around the corner.....gee the tune changed when they realised what I'd done  ;D
Turned out defecting a car that was not only locked away on my property but was also on a trailer was a waist of time.
I asked the 2 young offices to show me the defective points. 1st thing he pointed to came in the car from the factory....crossed that 1 off.
Then he wanted to defect the flexy flares....crossed off
rear seat belts that held a tyre in back on floor....crossed off as there was no seat there only a tyre
leaf springs lift too high ....springs were dead flat (in fact they were standard leaves)
At this point I asked were this has come from......no answer was given
I asked if in their inspection had the looked at the Rego sticker....I got a yes, its rego'ed
I asked was there any other details they needed to check on there....I got a blank look
I said how about the conditions on the bottom?......to which it was rechecked
Ohhhh he says.....is this vehicle engineered????....yes I replied.
Where are the papers he asked.....well they were in the glove box high & dry but I see when you helped yourselves to my bonnet release you have placed them in the inch thick mud on my floor "GEE THANKS GUYS"
nope....there was no sorry.
after these guys kept hitting dead ends and were having major troubles reading the report the senior officer that I had called stepped in and read it to them.
in the end he said to them, "well I cant see why your here."
finally I got my apology & defect was cancelled.
unfortunately it didn't end there. Around 2wks later 2 RTA officers were knocking at my door asking to see the car. Wife passed them the phone, I gave them the address. 15minutes later they were in my sponsors work shop. They were there for around 3hrs. Car passed everything. My exhaust Db had gone down....lol mud I guess
They were pretty human after that, I told them of the goings on so they said they will fix my issue, had a coffee & a little social chat and left.
Yes my car was majorly modified. Wheels, tyres, Spring over (cops didn't even notice this), engine & steering. How ever every item passed engineers, EPA & RTA examinations. Car was to be a true street rego competitor yet they tossed me in against cars that would never ever pass in a pink fit!!!!
At least I knew mine was right & legal just cost me a lot of time being stuffed around by people not checking for things like Engineers cert's, EPA cert's or DECCW certs. I dont think I've ever owned a standard car & cant imagine I ever will. But I sure do know they get the right papers.....especially when I know my family will travel in it.
If your car is in an accident and found to be not legal you can find yourself uninsured!!!!!

Sydney coppers, are not Melbourne coppers thats for sure. I have an implied consent to enter your property, but when you tell me to get off the property thats what we do. Let alone touch your vehicle. Thats a big no no. We would ask you to present your car for inspection and if you didnt then you would get fined. Can't give you an unroadworthy if you're not there.  ;D

Offline JU5T1N

• Soft Floor Camper User
4WD Action - 100 series article WTF.
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
Sydney coppers, are not Melbourne coppers thats for sure. I have an implied consent to enter your property, but when you tell me to get off the property thats what we do. Let alone touch your vehicle. Thats a big no no. We would ask you to present your car for inspection and if you didnt then you would get fined. Can't give you an unroadworthy if you're not there.  ;D
yeah Sydney is meant to be the same. These to boys were breaking the rules and I caught them out plus getting a senior there got them a talking to for their actions. Id say that's why they informed the RTA (unless it was coincidence & was some one else).
In the end it was all a big time waster. If only they had pulled up my car Rego details and seen it was certified by a reputable engineered and RTA have all my relevant paper work, it could of been time I stayed at work and the 2 RTA officers and 2 young cops could of been getting some of the wrecks of the road instead. Unfortunately it's a case of young guns with a lack of experience in my case. I've scene plenty of cars that competed that really should not be rego'ed and in no way could they be engineered I just hope their not on the road for everyones sake. The worst tended to be Qld cars due to the lack of annual inspections but I know its got hard for them now.
Theres been plenty of talk of having a national standard as far as engineered vehicles go, but who knows when that will happen. It must make it hard to spot what's legal when vehicles drive around engineered & fully rego'ed from another state (hence I still live in NSW & not Qld as my lift & tyres aren't legal up there (yet....fingers crossed).

Sent to outer space and back via Tapatalk....now need a lay down
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:13:08 PM by JU5T1N »

Nissan whore:

Offline JU5T1N

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »
WYNO you may be able to shed some light on a Q I've just thought of. How is it that a New Zealander that moved to Oz can bring his car that was rego'ed in NZ with mods that don't pass anywhere in Oz but since it was rego'ed like that there they passed it here and its on his papers.
Yet NSW or Vic rego car with 35's or portals wont pass with these mods in Qld even if they were previously rego'ed by yourself in that state?

Nissan whore:

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
WYNO you may be able to shed some light on a Q I've just thought of. How is it that a New Zealander that moved to Oz can bring his car that was rego'ed in NZ with mods that don't pass anywhere in Oz but since it was rego'ed like that there they passed it here and its on his papers.
Yet NSW or Vic rego car with 35's or portals wont pass with these mods in Qld even if they were previously rego'ed by yourself in that state?

I would have thought that the vehiclle would have to go over the pits just like any other car being re-registered. I couldn't imagine a car with mods from overseas getting registered without engineer cert, in Melbourne anyway. Sydney much stricter.
Wayne

Offline Brett B

• Hard Top Camper User
  • just cruzin
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
My Brother in law is a Vic roads inspector and some of the things he tells me about that is out on the roads ????
Mainly trucks over loaded to the sh#t house bits hanging of them
Some of the storeys of 4x4 coming home from a day out with broken stuff
I know you have to get it home but is worth your life or some one else's
97 80 series and home made ct

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
My Brother in law is a Vic roads inspector and some of the things he tells me about that is out on the roads ????
Mainly trucks over loaded to the sh#t house bits hanging of them
Some of the storeys of 4x4 coming home from a day out with broken stuff
I know you have to get it home but is worth your life or some one else's

Yep there are some sh1te heaps out there!!!