Author Topic: I'd like to share a link.  (Read 2966 times)

Offline Aussie Iron

• Swag User
I'd like to share a link.
« on: November 01, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »
Here is a link that i would like to share with like minded people who wish to keep our country open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRNulrCJK4

Dan.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: I'd like to share a link.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
I hate seeing land locked up.  However the good old white man has introduced feral pigs, cats, dogs, people, weeds, trees, pollution etc.etc.  Its hardly any wonder people want to keep people out!  The morons driving around the bush creating their own tracks and causing severe erosion with their wheel spinning and burnouts do not help either.  Then we have the brain dead that burn signs, cut down fence bollards, vandalise huts and leave all their rubbish behind.  Unfortunately these idiots kill the pleasure for all.  Check out the you-tube clips of the idiots in action.  Its no wonder places get shut down. Aboriginal people worked with the land and managed it superbly. We try and control every aspect of it and just stuff up nearly everything we touch.  I don't know what the answer is...maybe confiscation of peoples vehicles (non-negotiable0 if they are caught deliberately doing the wrong thing.  Maybe open up the purse strings and employ more knowledgeable rangers who work on weekends and can do an effective job...
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!
The following users thanked this post: loanrangie, Craig Tomkinson

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 05:30:48 AM »
What I took from that rambling video was the need for the aboriginals to be allowed to do controlled burns again.

Apart from the bushfire stuff, that bearded guy didn’t make much of an argument for anything else really.

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:48:03 AM »
I thought what Roothy was saying was spot on,   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 05:52:00 AM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline boobook

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »
I certainly don't support or trust the Greens and have never come close to voting for those loonies. But unless you are into logging, or must hunt in that area with dogs, then I fail to see a downside of this as a National Park really. I may be wrong but they are not proposing to stop 4wding or camping activities as far as I can see, in fact, they say they will keep those.

Mindless locking up of areas like happened in the Otways is taking away rights. I have been through the Noojee area lots, a lot is already locked up or the water catchment. I certainly don't want logging to continue in the area.

Someone, please educate me about the downsides, I fail to see them from what I am reading.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »
It certainly creates a haven for escaped Family dogs, cats, etc.
The bigger the area, the bigger the herds of pigs, goats and Deer will be.
We never had Hard hoofed native animals in Australia, they were introduced by White/Caucasian people as food stock.
Just like the Rabbits.
The Fox was introduced to provide sport for the more wealthy amongst the new arrivals 200 or more years ago.
Look at the situation with Rabbits and Foxes now.
The Dept. of many name changes was known as the Dept. of Scorched Earth, for very good reason.
An alternative was the Dept. of smoke and embers.
They don't have enough staff to control what they're responsible for now. 
Why give them more and thin out the staff ratio even further?
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »

An alternative was the Dept. of smoke and embers.

Hi,
    Known as Sparks and Wildfire down here.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
I thought what Roothy was saying was spot on,
was going to watch it until i saw it was done by drinky drinky. cant take anyone serious that goes for the 70's beer with everything image.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
I'd like to share a link.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
was going to watch it until i saw it was done by drinky drinky. cant take anyone serious that goes for the 70's beer with everything image.
I can’t take anyone seriously that has their phone in a phone case with their own picture on it, saying they approve of their own phone case.

Kid you not, I was sat next to him on a flight once and I’m thinking this guy looks familiar, but couldn’t think how I knew him.
That was until he pulled his phone out of his pocket and I saw the cover was “Roothy approved”.
What a wank.... This video was the most I’ve ever listened to any of his stuff and I didn’t even make it all the way to the end.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:44:09 AM by Pete79 »

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
I do not care if hes a wanker or not, what most of what he is saying I agree with, Its happening in QLD we had a fantastic hardwood timber industry around my home when Forestry run it, it was sustainable,  then the gov gave most of it around were I live to the F wits in NPs, there not managed properly and they were locking gates and keeping everyone out of them, Then change of Gov they opened them back up again, hopefully it stays open and other NPs do to, 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:02:35 PM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
When I saw who it was, I had a preconceived thought of .. OK, here we go....

But, I have to say, he is spot on with what he was trying to get across. Uni educated environmentalists are not necessarily the experts when it s
comes to bush management, and simply locking the areas up is really a cop out as far as this goes. In any case, like he says in the vid, just because it is locked up today, doesn't mean that multi national companies will be prevented from carrying out environmental rape in the future. Enough money waved in the face of the powers in control, will always illicit a favorable outcome for the ones who want to make huge profits from these areas.

As for keeping the average Aussie out of the area, that won't prevent the spread of feral animals into the bush. Allowing responsible hunters in, will at least provide a few more control measures than there are currently in place. And geez he's spot on about the feral cats. I couldn't believe how many we saw up through NT, and over in W'QLD on our last big trip a couple of years ago. And that was just driving along in the middle of the day.

Yeah sure you will always get the F'wits who drive around tearing up the countryside, but in reality they are a small percentage of the population in comparison, to the number of people that want to be able to drive the tracks and enjoy the place. Is it worth closing the whole of these areas completely to avoid having a these few idiots do the damage they do. Like he also said, much of the damage can be repaired by simply allowing time for them to regenerate (temporary closures?). And there are 4WD clubs who do take a bit of responsibility for the tracks, filling the ruts and clearing the logs, to keep the tracks open. Without access to many bush areas via passable tracks, the outcome is total disaster, when there is a bush fire through the area.

So all that declaring these places national parks will really do is create a safe haven for feral animals, create a no go zone for the general population who would enjoy being able to get out there, and create a future potentially huge profit income for multi national companies who really don't give a rats about the place.

I reckon he's still a bit of a w@nker, but I do agree with him on this.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.
The following users thanked this post: Cruiser 105Tvan, Craig Tomkinson