Author Topic: Waeco CF80AC  (Read 2796 times)

Offline D4D Wok

• Swag User
Waeco CF80AC
« on: January 04, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
Hi all, i am in the process of looking at a new fridge for Ct arriving soon. Thinking bout waeco 80 l fridge freezer. does anyone have one or know of any problems thanks in advance

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Waeco CF80AC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
I have one and have beenvery happy with it so far.  I have only had one very minor issue which was a few days ago but was easily recitified (see the Electrical section if you want to read about it).

I've also had 4 other Waeco fridges and never hada problem with the other 3 ever.

Offline hutchie62

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • I'll drink to that.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
Fantastic fridge/freezer, have had ours for over 12 months with no problems yet. Touch wood.
2013 Cab Chassis Landcruiser with goodies, 2008 Cub Supamatic Drover.

Offline D4D Wok

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
Thanks for your info guy's. how long can you get from your batteries with this fridge running. What size is your battery bank. I will have app 200 ah in camper so will have 100ah before 50%SoC i guess. figures quoted on website are 2.9ah so estimating around 2 days. thanks

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
You are talking about one big fridge and when you get over the 40 to 50Ltr sweet spot,they do suck the juice, regardless of what the data on the sales brochure says.

2 days is pretty close, but it will depend on 1/. what static temp is the freezer and 2/. what static temp is the fridge, this will effect the cycling of the thermo in each of the compartments...so 2 days with both compartment working flat out at an abient of over 25c, will be the maximum I would push the battery.

Good luck.

Offline meimarocu

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:21 PM »
Mate i have the "Friday afternoon 80lt".

Its had a new lid, two lots of thermisters, All circuit boards replaced and had
never worked as it should.Wich also after 3 @#% yrs of it they tell me "oh she was over gassed"
wich cause it to freeze up and not run properly
Every time we load it up into the car for a trip she plays up.
Now i just got her back 2 weeks before Xmas and Temp says 30 but shes cold.?????better than normal with gas issue fixed
Repair shop says " could be faulty circuit board" just fitted or thermisters again......

90 amp Battery would last approx 24hrs max.(but she's not normal).

I do have 3 mate with same fridge.... love em, and they work great,thats why we bought ours.

Sorry to deter you and ramble a bit...Good luck.

Cheers Ian

P.s look into 2x 40lt fidges.