Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 3164 times)

Offline big_den

• Learning the Ropes
I'm new
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:39:52 PM »
Hey All,

great site and I have getting some great ideas here so thanks to everyone who posts.

The family and I have decided to embark on the purchase of a TC.  We've never had one before or even done any camping for that matter but we are excited! I've decided on an Aussie Jays Crusher.  Has anyone purchased one recently?  I checked them out in Williamstown, Melbourne and was quite happy with what I saw and I'll be putting a deposit down on one soon.  Four weeks ago I went to one of the businesses that supply the Chinese manufactured ones.  It was ok and I was interested, but what has put me off is that they didn't have what I wanted to look at and I left my details so they could call me when they got one in.  That was over four weeks ago.  In fact, I had to beg the guy so he would take my details.  Anyway, that put me off so I started to look elsewhere and I'm glad I did as I think the Crusher ticks all the boxes for me.  I'll be towing it with an Xtrail so the claimed ball weight (of around 40kgs) will be a good feature that can't be ignored.

So, when I get it I'll be sure to post some pics if interested.

Thanks.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »
G'day and welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here, some of it is even useful.  ;D

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »
G'Day Big Den and welcome to myswag.

With the claim of only 40kgs ball weight, I would be suspicious.  Nothing wrong with an Aussie Jays.  I know a couple of members who have them and they are happy.

Happy camping
KB

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 03:14:15 PM »
G'day and welcome Big Den.  Looks forward to those pics mate. 
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 10:29:58 AM »
G'day and welcome mate.

:cheers:

Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe