Author Topic: Good service @ Ray's  (Read 1268 times)

Offline timmyh80

• Swag User
Good service @ Ray's
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »
It may have been said before, but I think it worth letting people know or good service when you experience it.

We have recently started replacing/upgrading a bit of our camping gear and accessories for the prado (getting ready for the new Trackabout!) and have found ourselves in Ray's outdoors in Narre Warren (vic) several times.

We have had a great shopping experience every time! Friendly staff that know the range,  they have gone out of their way to help us with things we have asked for that are not in store, and they have price matched the items.

One tip: do your homework before you go in on bigger ticket items for the best price you can find, and they will match it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dingo0163

• The original Aussie mongrel
  • Tent User
Re: Good service @ Ray's
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
I'm glad your happy with them. I was buying a new waeco the other day. Anaconda had them on special , a cf40 with the cover for $635. I rang Rays to see if they could do better. I was told they would match the price and then asked if I have a Rays card. When I told them I did the nice man said I would get $66 credit to spend next time I shopped. When I got to Rays the nice man said it was one or the other. I asked him why would I want just a price match and then add another 15km to my trip for nothing. His answer was , I don't know. Why? That same day Rays sent me a survey about my shopping experience , for some reason I haven't heard back. I think I should have put this in the rant post.