Author Topic: Box air con  (Read 1359 times)

Offline bluejay

• Soft Floor Camper User
Box air con
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Hi all
 I turned on the box air con last night it ran for a bout 1 min then stopped ,i have power at the power point, does any body know if there is a fuse or some thing simple like that in the unit that could have blown?.I went to look at a new one today but as usual the dimensions of the box have changed so if  i got to get a new one i got to enlarge the hole in the block wall which is not a problem but replacing a fuse or some thing simple would be much better.
Thanks in advance
Bluejay

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
Re: Box air con
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
Hi all
 I turned on the box air con last night it ran for a bout 1 min then stopped ,i have power at the power point, does any body know if there is a fuse or some thing simple like that in the unit that could have blown?.I went to look at a new one today but as usual the dimensions of the box have changed so if  i got to get a new one i got to enlarge the hole in the block wall which is not a problem but replacing a fuse or some thing simple would be much better.
Thanks in advance
Bluejay

is it rev cycle ?
was this to heat or cool the room ?
and what was the outside temp?

maybe
if the temp outside was below 5 deg it may need to de- ice first and if its to cold it would not de ice and shut down

previously
i once had a 2.5kw split unit that stopped working and it was a big fuse in the condenser that blew, but she wasn't just a standard fuse off the shelf. big ceramic one from memory .

what i would do
or pull it apart (you will need a hammer) until its 100% unfix-able then go buy a new one ;D

:cheers:
Adam

:cheers:
Adam
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD