Author Topic: Kimberley traditional owners want tighter controls and to charge a fee.  (Read 16116 times)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Kimberley traditional owners want tighter controls and to charge a fee.
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:42 AM »
My 2 cents worth. 

All this crap about it is MY COUNTRY I can drive wherever I wont. 
Come drive onto my property and see how far you get. 

Yes Australia is OUR Country but that does not automatically give you any right to enter private property.  I don't care if that property was bought, inherited or by Native Claim.  No difference really between Native Title and Inherited. 

As for paying to enter private property is always up to the owner, Native owner or otherwise.  We are charged ridiculous prices to go to the likes of  major attraction, zoo, fun park etc, so why not a private natural wonderland such as El Questro or any other place in the Kimberleys.  No different to some of the fees charged to go to some of the Farm Stays that have a Natural Attraction. 

Get over it, we don't own it, it is not ours.  Should still be thankful that those that do own it still let us go there, regardless of who they are. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan
The following users thanked this post: Barry G, steppenwolf, tk421

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »
Well said, Al / Jan.
The other thing I am over is the 'they should get over it / it happened years ago to previous generations / I didn't do it'... etc.
It was just 1967 that Aboriginals were 'given' the right to vote.
Only a few years before that that the last 'nomadic' group who had not had contact with European Australians were 'caught' and forced into the 20th century.
After the world wars Aboriginal ex-servicemen were denied the opportunity to apply for 'soldier settler' blocks in the rural areas they came from.
When land rights were finally acknowledged some politicians, for their own short term political interests, whipped up hysteria that this would result in claims on private back yards. Something that these politicians, to their eternal disgrace, knew to be bare faced lies.

It was my great privilege to know a number of ex-POWs of the Japanese, and they were rightly outraged by the refusal of post-WW2 Japanese governments to apologise for war-time atrocities.

On the same basis I can't see that our society has any less collective responsibility for the injustices of the recent past.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline dales133

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
Anyone that thinks that the aboriginals are unreasonable want to be thankful that the maori didn't make it here 800 odd years ago because if they had they would have killed and eaten all the aboriginals and it would make the current situation look quite differnt not to mention Australia's history.
They don't take no for an answer or Shit from anyone and would have handed the settlers and troops here thier arse like they did in nz.they killed the Lions share of 20,000 new south welsh troopers in a matter of days in parehaka and the survivors ran away....that was after killing all the poms.
Realy is pretty appalling the attitudes alot of people have towards the original inhabitants in this day and age.i realy wish people with said attitudes would go to NZ and see how they get on.race relations is at least 30 years behind NZ here...All this ignorance and denial was dead and buried in the 70 across the ditch.
I don't love everything that gos on in nz as far as favoring maori when it comes to university placements over non maori ect but time has shown that early intervention into maori education has paid big dividends in the past 30 years or so and it's the only way to repair the damage and close the gap.
Just my two cents worth
The following users thanked this post: steppenwolf