Author Topic: Mars vanguard hardfloor campertrailer  (Read 3080 times)

Offline nwallman

• Learning the Ropes
Mars vanguard hardfloor campertrailer
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
We have just got our first campertrailer and would like to know if anyone has got one and taken it to places like Cape York or if they have seen one in remote areas and how they went.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Offline TonyF8

• Tent User
Re: Mars vanguard hardfloor campertrailer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
Everything is capable of most things, now I haven't taken a mars trailer to the Cape,  but have been up 46 times and on numerous occasions towed trailers up the Cape and other remote areas, the single most important advice I could give you is drive to conditions, 2 things that make a difference is speed and tyre preassures. On your trailer, you should be checking wheel bearings, trailer seals, any exposed wiring or plumbing under the trailer and your own ability.
Stay safe and play fair.

Offline nwallman

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Mars vanguard hardfloor campertrailer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »
Everything is capable of most things, now I haven't taken a mars trailer to the Cape,  but have been up 46 times and on numerous occasions towed trailers up the Cape and other remote areas, the single most important advice I could give you is drive to conditions, 2 things that make a difference is speed and tyre preassures. On your trailer, you should be checking wheel bearings, trailer seals, any exposed wiring or plumbing under the trailer and your own ability.
I drove to the Cape in 1990 and i think if i drive easy the trailer should be ok. I was just hoping someone might of taken one up and could give me some feedback on how the vanguard went. It only has leafsprings but i think it'll be ok. It'll be alot better then it was in 1990 and it wasn't bad then.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk