Author Topic: Mitsubishi Triton - transferring new vehicle warranty  (Read 3380 times)

Offline NewMax

• Tent User
Mitsubishi Triton - transferring new vehicle warranty
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:31:16 PM »
Hi a question for the Triton owners out there.

If I buy a second hand 2008 Mitsubishi Triton that was sold with a 5 year (130,000km) New Vehicle warranty does this warranty transfer to me as the new owner? I am assuming that the 5 year warranty in place with Tritons sold in 2008 - is this the case?

The Mitsubishi www. page does say that the 10 year Powertrain Warranty is non transferable but not sure about the New Vehicle Warranty. 

Many thanks

NewMax

Offline richee

• Tent User
Re: Mitsubishi Triton - transferring new vehicle warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:52:13 PM »
You are correct, well thats what I was told recently by the local service dept, they even gave me a printout of what my warranty was.

2007 NS DiD GLX Pajero
2010 Jayco Eagle

Offline Cheesoid

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
Hi Newmax,

I bought a 2008 Outlander (from a dealer) and the balance of the 5 year warranty and Diamond Advantage roadside assist was transferred to me.

Variflex

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »
Yep, deifnatly transfered to you however mitsubishi do have a warranty administartion phone number that you can call to discuss your warranty and check that the warranty has been transfered to your name,

Offline NewMax

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
Thanks guys.

Great to know warranty is transferable and useful tip to know can ring to check has taken place

NewMax

Offline ralphedward

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
Mate,  I'm of the understanding that if the car has under 130klms and has been serviced regularly (proof required) and that you have filled out the request forms (within the booklets supplied with the car - must be done before the 3yr mark {don't know about the legalities of this]) then it is a monty that MMAS will honour the warranty.  This is not a legal opinion, just an opinion from someone who has owned 3 Mitsubishi's with this warranty,.

Regards
Mark
SWMBO made me do it (whatever it was I did)!
VW Amarok & 'Cooper' the Tambo.