Author Topic: Has your CT ever been pulled up by the Weights and Measure guys  (Read 3239 times)

Offline albany_nomads

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Dylan..Mans best friend
    • John Grant Photography
Has your CT ever been pulled up by the Weights and Measure guys
« on: January 27, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
The other day we were with some friends and got talking about weights and measure cops  :police:..and I know Ive been pulled up with a truck in the past.. a few times ..and it got me thinking.... I wonder if any of the swaggers have ever got pulled over with their Camper Trailers.
Kind Regards: John, Nola & Dylan (The Albany Nomads )

MY BLOG:   http://johngrantphotography.wordpress.com/

Offline morgue

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Has your CT ever been pulled up by the Weights and Measure guys
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
Police, once, weights and measures...mainly play with trucks.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:00:13 AM »
I have never heard of a CT being weighted unless its to register for a tare weight . If you went silly & it looked really heavy , over the top it might happen to improve the list of charges against you . Mostly cause we not a commercial transport they have got bigger fish to fry . Some of them are huge to . From time to time there is a blitz on caravans & the like but how often do you reckon you would be heavy anyway ?
If you want Brownie points find a closed weigh bridge in your travels . Pull up on it lean over & kiss SWMBO then tell her she been kissed on a Grand Scale  :angel: Works every time !,,,,,,,,,,might  :cheers:

You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
Boxing Day 2 years ago we were driving through Redland bay on the way to the Barges for Stradbroke Island and Department of transport with about 10 staff were setting up some type of trailer. Not sure if the trailer was to test brakes or weigh 4WD/Trailers.

While I’m pretty sure we would have been okay and passed any test, just didn’t fancy having to spend time with them when we were on a deadline to catch a barge.

Boxing day is one of the busiest times for these barges, so Guarantee the Department of Transport knew lots of fully loaded cars and trailers would have been passing there site all day.

I actually remember seeing a Camry with 5 large adults, roof racks with a basket full of stuff and a box trailer which would have been stacked 6 ft high. The car was sitting so low it struggled to even get on the barge.

Offline 2 Brutal

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
No, but it will only be a matter of time until campers, vans etc are targeted, many many are over GVM, or not braked when they should be.
Custom made stone guards and boat loaders for Jayco Outbacks and more.

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
If you want Brownie points find a closed weigh bridge in your travels . Pull up on it lean over & kiss SWMBO then tell her she been kissed on a Grand Scale  :angel: Works every time !,,,,,,,,,,might 

Devious!

cheers

Offline ezza

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
i have seen them police and heavies set up over a long weekend checking over all trailers being towed by cars (weighing and checking lights etc) was great to be waved on for a change being in a truck