Author Topic: Caravan Park Fee's.  (Read 13946 times)

Offline spargo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • "Love that car.."
    • Twitter
Re: Caravan Park Fee's.
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
Next time try the Notional Park one at Arakoon near the gaol, Better views and less mozzies.

We tried there first, but it was very much full-up over xmas/new year (we only booked the week before!!).. We went through the goal and had a paddle out front of the NP van park, and will definitely go there next time for sure. A magic spot.

Offline Davepatrol

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 4.2 Patrol with a lot of extras
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
We tried there first, but it was very much full-up over xmas/new year (we only booked the week before!!).. We went through the goal and had a paddle out front of the NP van park, and will definitely go there next time for sure. A magic spot.
Most book from year to year so need to book early, Next time your down this way give us a yell and we can get together for ale or two :cheers:

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
Barry1956 ,methinks that would depend on where your renting  the so called regular house ,  Karratha WA $2500 per week for long term rental , makes a new house in Muttaburra Qld for $98 per week long term seem positively cheap.
I assumed we were talking about the 'real world', where average families earn 'average' money.
The problem with modern (1970s on) remote mining sites is that they have been allowed to develop primarily on a  'fly in - fly out' basis, so few people actually live there, correspondingly few local votes, little / no long term community relative to the high transient population.
If an owner can get $2500 / week for a house rented to a number of mine workers then I guess they will charge it.  However such places are really out of the reach of families on regular money.
Having said that, house rents in cities are already unrealistic.
I know a sole parent in Melbourne who is earning good professional money and is paying $600 / week for a house approx 8km from GPO in the northern suburbs.  She earns considerably more than me, but will simply never be able to buy a house.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
Yes they are very expensive for what you get.
It is just supply and demand. In the peak the prices go up to what the market will bear.
As long as people will pay the price it will keep going up.
Just like the fruit and veg prices after the recent floods. The farmers who have lost their crops will not get any benifit from the high prices, mainly the wholesalers and retailers, and people will keep on paying.

The only way prices will come down at these parks is if people refuse to pay them.

Cheers
Parry
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:38:29 PM by GU_Thomo »

UIZ733

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
Very interesting topic. For those intending/planning a trip what is the best or most definitive guide to camping sites (national parks and caravan parks etc) available? Can anybody indicate a current average (rough) cost per night, per couple for good clean camp facilities that are NOT in the top tier?
Regards P

Offline Pete the Pirate

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
I agree, nothing is really cheap nowdays. I personally prefer bush camping without facilities and as remote as possible but sometimes to enjoy a different holiday that SWMBO and the kids also enjoy with a few comforts will involve a caravan park. This is the sort of holiday I am currently on. We are currently at Whitsunday Adventure Park (Big 4) which has many activities for kids such as large pool with slides, Putput golf, basketball court, tennis court, large jumping pillow, large playground, outdoor kids movies and many other activities. This is costing us $55 a night (-10% being a Big 4 member) now yes it is off peak but we do have a very well appointed ensuite to the site and IMO it is great bang for buck. Now, it isn't for everyone but with a family it is a perfect getaway as is going away in the bush but a little variety never goes astray......Try pricing a holiday with an apartment or the likes, then you will need a second morgage. Remember, you can go to the cheaper parks which I have seen for around $28-$38 odd dollars which is pretty resonable for a family...... :cheers:

I'm betting you're getting just as much out of those facilities as the kids Teabag........certainly nothing like that in Queanbeyan eh?
Kanga Big Red DL Campertrailer
Nissan Navara D40 with lots of fruit

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
I'm betting you're getting just as much out of those facilities as the kids Teabag........certainly nothing like that in Queanbeyan eh?

Yes, you might be correct and yes, nothing like that in Queanbeyan. I get the enjoyment of the kids having a fat time. At the end of the day they are exhausted...... ;D ;D ;D
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
The big 4 at Bright is about 125 bucks a night for a powered site... IE a patch of grass..there isn't even a pool
 I would recommend everyone avoid that place.
Living the Dream.

Offline kranky al

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • theeee winaaaaaaar
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
we were desperately tired in northern nsw and had to charge up and do some washing and stuff  so we booked into a park that was 60 bucks a night only to find they charged extra for everything - bbq's the lot - washing was 4 bucks a load the dryer 1 buck for about 10 seconds of lukewarm dryer time.  no hot water if you missed the rush etc etc

totally unimpressed

to be honest travelling nsw was a disappointment price wise- i understand there is a lot of people there all trying to camp but after qld, tassie and s.a free camping everywhere, nsw cost a fortune and we only spend two weeks travelling it - qld, tassie and s.a got the lions share of the 100+++ odd k we spent on our trip.
if nissan made a prop plane using the zd30 - would you fly in it?

if fishing were easy it would be called "your mum"

www.pixelpac.com.au

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
...qld, tassie and s.a got the lions share of the 100+++ odd k we spent on our trip.

So, 50 weeks @ $2k / week.  Thats a lot of  :cheers:
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!