Author Topic: Blue Tongue Camper Trailers  (Read 5474 times)

Offline holycrapola

• Learning the Ropes
  • Owner of a camper trailer - a tent on a trailer
Blue Tongue Camper Trailers
« on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Hello everyone
Please point me in the right direction if this has been done before, but I am wanting to get some feedback from other Blue Tongue CT owners out there.

What has been your experience with your BT CT? What model did you get?
How was the customer service?
Have you had any issues with it?

Many thanks :worthles:  :cheers:
HC
New 2010 BT CT - semi off road towed by an Aurion

Leaking tent...arghhh
Not enough to dampen the camping spirit

Offline holycrapola

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Blue Tongue Camper Trailers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
Has no one even heard anything about these CT's?

Or have I posted in the wrong section?
 ???

Leaking tent...arghhh

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
Blue Tongue isn't listed in the "Who made your camper trailer" thread... maybe no forum members own one!

the Nurse
get DIRTY

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
I have heard of them but dont know anyone that owns one.
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Duchess

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "Its not as hard as you think, you know."
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
A friend of mine recently bought the on road version and seems to be very happy with it so far. He is mainly going to be a caravan park camper so he felt that the off road ability was not needed. When I saw the camper, it seemed a pretty good unit.

"I've got one job on this ship. It's stupid but I'm going to do it!"

www.duchessandthedukeontour.blogspot.com.au

Offline whitedg

• Administrator
  • Swag User
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »
We almost purchased a semi of road version but on further investigation, we with a Great Aussie Campers one.

The things we liked were the trailer - seemed to be a very well made solid unit and the size of the tent (12' plus the full annex included). The only fault with it was the fact they used the imported rip stop canvas, we decided to go with the Aussie 15oz canvas instead (which should hopefully hold its resale value better).

Cheers
whitedg

Offline holycrapola

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:20:57 PM »
Thanks for your replies, it is much appreciated  :cheers:

I thought there would be a lot of people with these.

For those interested here is the one we bought

http://bluetonguecampers.com.au/products-page/campers-trailers/semi-off-road-standard-camper-trailer/

We have had a few issues with water pooling and then leaking between the annex and the main tent. The annex is sewn in, not velcro and zipper. We tried increasing the stretch on the canvas to aid draining, we also moved cross bars to push the corner out. We ended up get a mega tarp and covered the whole CT with it. It was a PITA.

We spoke to the company we purchased from, but havent heard back yet, I will be calling them this week to sort it out.....We have already had to have a flyscreen repaired on the main tent, we  found a hole in the floor and also the screen when we first unpacked it. After the repair was done, we went to pick it up and also had to pack it up, as the guy from the company didnt know how to pack it up. When packing it up we found another hole in another screen....however we were camping over Christmas and yet to have the next hole repaired. The Company will have to spend some more money on the repair as it was caused while they had the tent....I am a bit PO'd about the whole thing. The annex floor seems to be only made out of tarp style material and we found that also leaked moisture inside. Good thing i packed some extra old towels.

We did get many positive comments about the size of the tent and trailer (7x4 with 500mm sides), Many fellow campers couldnt believe how much we pulled out of the trailer! Our three kids had plenty of room, heaps of room in the main tent for a set of bunks and also a stretcher and then the clothes, games etc. In the annex we had our kitchen ( not a pull out) a large table and smaller table, plus chairs for all of us.

So whilst i am happy with the trailer and the size of the tent, I am not that happy with the holes, the leaking/pooling and the customer service we have had.....

Leaking tent...arghhh