Author Topic: Jayco Swan  (Read 4697 times)

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
Jayco Swan
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
Hi Swaggers,

I have just sold my beloved Lifestyle Extenda and due to family demands (SWMBO + kids) looking at moving into a Jayco Swan. Not calling this an upgrade.

Yep, potentially another Jayco owner on Jayswag. Anyway, apart from there crappy quality assurance issues am after any tips to look out for and pros and cons when shopping around for a Swan.

I will most likely be looking at 2009 onwards so hoping to have any issues ironed out by a previous owner.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

mcbadger

Offline NewcastleKnight

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Jayco Swan
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
Mate, we have a 2009 model and thus far have had no major issues.  Like u say, there are some simple QA issues but at this stage no major complaints.

Offline dsajfar

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
Mate, just did the same thing, sold my Lifestyle extend a and placed order for brand new Jayco Swan outback ,  can't wait...

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Dsajfar,

Did you order the 2011 model. If so have you any information ion what the major differences are from the 2010 model.

Any info would be appreciated.

Mark
mcbadger

Offline dsajfar

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
mark, no idea I purchased the 2011 and was told it was better than the outgoing model, new front with larger toolbox, new stronger door, new roof and rear design, that's all I know.. So wish me luck I just spent lots of $ on something unseen.. jayco claim they will release the new model photos this week.. David

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:06:56 AM »
Thanks David. Best of luck with the dreaded wait
mcbadger

Offline Sharshebelle1

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
We bought a 2010 Jayco Eagle,  have given it a great workout and have had no major issues with it.  Im not sure what quality assurance issues you are talking about,  but Jayco Sydney have been nothing short of brilliant with us. They are friendly,  and the couple of small things that needed addressing were done quickly and without question. Just after we had left on a trip we noticed that the electronic brake controller that Jayco had installed wasn't working. We called Jayco Sydney who had the auto electrician there by the time we got to the St Mary's premises. Without any problem it was replaced and we were on our way. Im not sure about the other dealers but you cant beat that for service.
Good luck.
09 Pathfinder
2010 Jayco Eagle Outback.

Offline cdboi84

• Sleeping Bag User
    • www.jayco.com.au
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
I too have no drama's with Jayco products or their after sales service and customer care. I have owned a 1997 Jayco Flipper (Cub style camper), a 2008 16' Jayco Sterling Pop Top and now a 2010 16' Jayco Sterling Pop Top.

Yes I have had one or two minor issues but they were fixed quickly and without question... They truly 'back what they build'!

I will certainly buy another Jayco without hesitation   :cup:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD + 2012 Jayco Swift Outback + 2012 Jayco 19' Sterling Outback

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback. You don't mind having issues if they are dealt with in the correct way.
mcbadger