Author Topic: drawers  (Read 11111 times)

Offline swanny

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lets go Camping......!!!!!!!
Re: drawers
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 06:54:30 AM »
Try ironman also, they do a range, and are priced very well. I have a mate who just got a set based on his budget, but looking at them i would say they are good quality.

cheers

Offline Dion

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »
I wouldn't go near OffRoadSystems (ORS). 

I bought a shelf setup for my Pajero from them.  It was poorly made and finished, didn't fit, didn't have what I asked (cutouts for child anchors to pass through) and they sent me a secondhand slide.  I had to send it back for them to fix their stuffups and then send me new bits even after that (and they never returned my ratchet straps I had to use to put the whole thing on a pallet to return it). 

The owner got himself in a tizz about me having an 'agenda' when all I wanted was something that was painted properly and actually fitted in my vehicle.  The first frame was painted poorly (you could see the blue on the steel through it), the shelf never even fitted in the vehicle properly (too wide, it was made in two pieces) and the fridge hutch didn't fit either. 

After a couple of trips welds failed on the frame (not very confidence inspiring if in an accident) I had to get a new frame made up locally - the fabricator guy I used had some choice words about who would sell such a thing. 

In my view, go to or someone else who cares about their customers and who builds properly engineered stuff.

IHMO about the only thing ORS make well is their fridge slide.

Some photos of the rubbish they sent me ... the first is the ill fitting shelf (this was their second attempt), the second is the poor painting on the first frame they sent me, and the third is the fridge slide they sent me the first time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:00:22 AM by Dion »
2017 Y62 Patrol
2009 Lifestyle Extenda

Offline barneys

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • vegetarian old indian word meaning bad hunter
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
aim i asking to much . today i went into a large 4x4 shop  at st peters sdy, asked about some drawers they sell for my car .he  went to give me a price. the guy asked what car i have and i said a 1999 model Prado  , he looked at his book and said no  do not have a prices for your car . i asked why ,he said my car was to old  and the do not have draws set up for it . so i would have to  bring   in the car and he would have to measure it up and see what size drawers he could try and make fit and would not be able to supply side wings for it. i know its old but surely i am not the only person to have asked about drawers for that shape Prado . its not like theres not many of them on the road   
glenn

Offline LC

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
ring 4wd interiors in carins directly and ask them if they still make them for your prado.

today i went into a large 4x4 shop  at st peters sdy,

I'm surprised you even got served there. I'm generally not into bagging buisnesses but these guys service and product knowledge has been basically hopeless. I once asked them for a price on something and was pointedly told that the product was not available, when I told them that ARB stores elsewhere had them I was then told that I was mistaken.
MY 2016 200 series Sahara
2016 Lifestyle Reconn

Offline barneys

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
thanks every one i  did not expect this much of a responce

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »
thanks every one i  did not expect this much of a responce

Barney have a look here, these guys are in Carlton on the Hwy next to Gardners/Auto One.
http://www.consoles.com.au/Toyota_Prado_cargo.htm

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline barneys

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
hi lost i have stood down from the buying of the drawers a the boss will now have the final say ; and yes i am dreaming about the 1500 budget  . it has now blown out to 2600  . just like a building a house extension
redback had a look at the dept of the interior , look Strong very nice  and the owner is very passionate about his drawers almost sold one to the boss . but have a few more to look at  yet