Author Topic: Hi from the good side of Brisbane  (Read 10154 times)

Offline tropicbird54

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Yay! CT owner at last!
Re: Hi from the good side of Brisbane
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »
Welcome to Myswag Cancan.  As you can see, everyone here is very friendly and helpful and somewhat witty too. haha
The hire first idea is definitely a good one.   Not that we did I might add.   Our only experience of camper trailers was back in 2008 from Cairns to the tip of Cape York. We were in convoy with our son and his family who were towing their new Trackabout Safari - hubby and I were tenting.  We are tent campers from way back  and just loved their ct.   The idea of having everything packed up ready to go at a moment's notice so to speak, is awesome!  So, 2 years later and we have ordered our own Trackabout which we'll have at the end of Feb.  We are so excited and can't wait.  Then it'll be over to the NT in July to visit said son and then a camping trip together back across the Gulf.  Bring it on!!!!!
Enjoy the website.
Cheers   :cheers:

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »
Thanks all...its a nice welcome even from the people on the other side.
Hiring first seems to be the popular choice having said that we are known to dive in head first and haven't suffered to much so far for it.
Got a call from JT today and the new trackabout showroom is finished so going to detour on the way home tomorrow and get an idea on what I can get new. Might even stop off at ModCon on the way back  although been there a couple of times last week.
Looking at the 2nd hand Customline on Saturday before its advertised. Looks well priced from my research and as new condition going by photos.
Dropped the idea of a cheapie first, could do more damage than its worth if we have issues over Chrissie
and will continue to read posts and check out pictures...shame work keeps interrupting me but then have to pay for it somehow I suppose.
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline way-t-go

• Tent User
    • Our Camper Trailer
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 10:28:40 PM »
Welcome to the site Cancan, Tallebudgera's a nice spot, went there for the first time in September, was a bit busy where we camped, but I now know where to go next time.
2009 'MDC' Off Road Deluxe Camper with more mods than you can poke a stick at.
2010 Mitsubishi PB Challenger Auto

Offline randan

• Tent User
  • Jeep ......... No contest!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 03:02:30 PM »
Hi Neighbour,

South-East bayside is definitely the place to be, with the bay breezes in summer. As already mentioned hire the best optioned you can afford the boss will very happy not having to bend down and lug around things as one seems to do when tent camping. There is one thing to remember though; as you will be hiring you will need to pack your camping items, bedding, camp supplies etc into this trailer, very much the same as you now do with your tenting experience. But keep reminding yourself whilst doing this that the time taking this time is a reminder of the time saved when you own one and everything is in there anytime you want to get out there!!
It's just a magic thought not have to pack and unpack everything each time. My motto as you can see from my MySwag tag 1 million stars every night camping will be 5 stars any other night!!

Enjoy and welcome to MySwag from a fellow baysider (Wynnum).

randan.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways ~
Beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Offline waz65

• Tent User
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »
Welcome cancan from another baysider , this is a great forum heaps of info here
2000 Patrol TD4.2T with heaps of stuff
2007 Bayside Campers Offroad CT with mods

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
We have now dived in and I have purchased the customline. Did get excited about a new trackabout but just didn't have enough in the budget and we have also got a lot of extra camping gear with the customline plus a price reduction which will go to getting the electrics done on the car (anderson plug and brake module).

Offline tropicbird54

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Yay! CT owner at last!
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
We have now dived in and I have purchased the customline. Did get excited about a new trackabout but just didn't have enough in the budget and we have also got a lot of extra camping gear with the customline plus a price reduction which will go to getting the electrics done on the car (anderson plug and brake module).
Congrats cancan.  How exciting!  When do take possession of your pride and joy??  Betcha can't wait!!  :cheers:

Offline Strawb

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:19:37 AM »
Congrates on the purchase Cancan. You won't be the first bloke on here to start out camping with a 5 star SWMBO
While intelligent people can simplify the complex, a fool is more likely to complicate the simple.

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 07:09:25 AM »
Congrats cancan.  How exciting!  When do take possession of your pride and joy??  Betcha can't wait!!  :cheers:
It's been dropped off to my neighbours place on Friday. He has a big back yard so hopefully the rain will go away so we can put it up a few times. It also comes with a lot of camping gear so have to sort that out and work out what we take in 2 weeks time.
car goes to the sparky on Monday to get the brake controller and Anderson plug fitted. also have to change the European 13pin trailer plug that is currently fitted.
The worst part is we are away every weekend this month plus busy every night so trying to make time to tinker is limited but cant wait....bring on the holidays.....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:11:37 AM by cancan »

Offline Phantomxr8

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »
Congrats on the CT, and the only good side of brisbane is the bit thats in your rear view mirror ;)

Offline way-t-go

• Tent User
    • Our Camper Trailer
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
That would have to be the Gold Coast as southsiders don't have much need to go over the river much.
Well done on your CT purchase, Customline are great Campers.
2009 'MDC' Off Road Deluxe Camper with more mods than you can poke a stick at.
2010 Mitsubishi PB Challenger Auto

Offline ferret

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2010, 06:57:13 AM »
 :cheers: Welcome.......Hire one first.
2007 HILUX D4D DUAL CAB
2011 KK PLATINUM