Author Topic: Complete Campsite closing!?  (Read 2975 times)

Offline markymark

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • everyone seems normal until you get to know them
Complete Campsite closing!?
« on: July 15, 2020, 09:43:06 PM »
Just came across this:
https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/editorial/details/complete-campsite-closes-factory-door-125196/
Hopefully another local manufacturer can take it on before it disappears.
Trak Shak, FJ Cruiser

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Complete Campsite closing!?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 06:42:22 AM »
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=56894.msg1020596#msg1020596
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....
The following users thanked this post: Spada

Offline markymark

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 08:07:49 AM »
Yeah, yeah, I used 'search' and nothing came up so I assumed it wasn't on here...but it is!
Trak Shak, FJ Cruiser

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
I wasn't having a dig marky, just re-posting my previous comment into this thread.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 11:10:45 AM »
A post from the owners today

Unfortunately, the news going around about the fate of Complete Campsite is true. It has been a very difficult and devastating decision for us and we are grateful for the support shown by so many so far.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been no trade show since the end of February and with the announcement of the Perth 4X4 show cancellation and subsequent lockdowns around Australia, we had half a dozen orders cancelled pretty much immediately. This, in addition to several completed campers not being collected nor fully paid for due to border closures and the cancellation of more and more trade shows has greatly impacted our little business. So, COVID-19 is the REASON not the EXCUSE for the situation we unfortunately find ourselves in.
We have been a small, family run business in the Caravan and Camping industry for almost 20 years and have been proud of our quality, Australian made products and having employed and supported many Australian families during this time. This is most definitely not the way we would have chosen to bow out of this business, but it is what it is, and we will do whatever we can to see the legacy of Complete Campsite continue in some form or another.
We would like to thank the amazing staff, incredible customers (past, present and future), and our friends and family – you all helped in making Complete Campsite the success it was.
Grant and Jodie Joyce

A shame as they had a fantastic product

GG
The following users thanked this post: bede, Spada

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
A post from the owners today

Unfortunately, the news going around about the fate of Complete Campsite is true. It has been a very difficult and devastating decision for us and we are grateful for the support shown by so many so far.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been no trade show since the end of February and with the announcement of the Perth 4X4 show cancellation and subsequent lockdowns around Australia, we had half a dozen orders cancelled pretty much immediately. This, in addition to several completed campers not being collected nor fully paid for due to border closures and the cancellation of more and more trade shows has greatly impacted our little business. So, COVID-19 is the REASON not the EXCUSE for the situation we unfortunately find ourselves in.
We have been a small, family run business in the Caravan and Camping industry for almost 20 years and have been proud of our quality, Australian made products and having employed and supported many Australian families during this time. This is most definitely not the way we would have chosen to bow out of this business, but it is what it is, and we will do whatever we can to see the legacy of Complete Campsite continue in some form or another.
We would like to thank the amazing staff, incredible customers (past, present and future), and our friends and family – you all helped in making Complete Campsite the success it was.
Grant and Jodie Joyce

A shame as they had a fantastic product

GG
wont be the last either.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline KeithB

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »
It's a shame that it happened at a time like now when caravan sales are booming.
Relying on shows and perhaps having to small a volume to support a dealer network was probably their main problem.
I really liked their products.
Keith
200 Series 2008, bull bar, Airmax snorkel,rack with 200 watt solar, third battery, winch, 33's with 2 spares, long range tank, drawers & barrier, bash plates, lifted & locked, Richards transmission lockup plus plenty of dings. Now towing the new Off Road Glamper.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 05:14:08 PM »

Relying on shows and perhaps having to small a volume to support a dealer network was probably their main problem.

Keith

Without knowing their personal wealth ( or lack of ), if you stay small you MAY exit with minimal debt. Go big, and you fall big ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline markymark

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
I wasn't having a dig marky, just re-posting my previous comment into this thread.
All good, just annoyed I missed it, double posts drive me nuts and now I've done it! Anyway, very sad for these guys, I like their product too and they were on my list of a possible purchase down the track.
Trak Shak, FJ Cruiser