Author Topic: Gday Gday  (Read 3324 times)

Offline 0415discog

• Learning the Ropes
  • Soft floor camper user
Gday Gday
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »
Gday all. Newbie to the forum and newbie to Camper trailers. Sort of! Had a 1995 Coromal Magnum 340 for 6 years which was a 50/50 share with my brother. Had to sell it due to him wanting out so have just bought a 2012 MDC soft floor camper with full annex. I know I know, cheap Chinese stuff but it was with in our small budget and ticked all the boxes I wanted it to.
It came with full fly, spreader poles, tail gate kitchen, 120 ah battery, steca solar regulator 85L poly water tank plumbed ready for a pump, insulation sheeting for the entire roof, annex matting for main tent and annex and a few other bits and bobs.
It'll be a work in progress for a while but one thing I did straight away was put new hubs and bearings on the replace the cheap Chinese ones as on side was rooted anyway.
I'll post up some pics soon when I get a chance.

Look forward to learning all about the CT world as there seems to be a whole bunch of really useful info on here and helpful people too.
Cheers Hatto
Tug- 2012 NW Pajero diesel auto with extras.
Tow- 2012 MDC soft floor camper trailer also with extras

Offline slydar

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Gday Gday
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:20:58 PM »
not a lot wrong with yr MDC - friends have one, they had it up port stephens right through the big wet we had last xmas and it didn't budge - leaked like a sieve but that's what happens when you set them up and go away for a week, I don't think any of us escaped water ingress in fact some of the pop-up vans came out worse. ours is the (looks around the see where the moderator is) GIC version, bigger than the MDC that ray has and we have both been through almost anything huey could chuck at us. wise move doing the bearings, I reckon ours would be about due to, reaching the five year mark. anyway, enjoy yr time here!
The following users thanked this post: GregP

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
G'day and welcome mate.
I look forward to the pics of your camper when you get the chance :cup:

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

KingBilly

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
Hey Hatto, welcome to myswag.  Congrats on the new CT  :cup:

Happy camping
KB

Offline 0415discog

• Learning the Ropes
  • Soft floor camper user
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:09:08 PM »
Hope thsee photos work. The first is of our first and only trip away so far in it. Went to Denmark for 5 nights. Rained for 4 days and all 5 nights! But dry as a bone inside. Very happy about that.
The second pic is of the main tent set up the day after we bought it.

Since then I've added to the kitchen, wired it up with 3 led light strips in the main tent, dual usb outlet for charging phones etc in the main bed, twin cig sockets and dual usb outlet on the end of the kitchen. Trailer tub and side led light strips. Water pump, anderson plug at the draw bar fuse box, circuit breakers, solar panel bla bla.
After the first trip away I'm really happy with how it went.
Those are the only two photos I have of it atm. When the weather fines up for a few days I'll put it up and take some more of what I've done.
Cheers, Hatto
Cheers Hatto
Tug- 2012 NW Pajero diesel auto with extras.
Tow- 2012 MDC soft floor camper trailer also with extras
The following users thanked this post: sol

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »
Welcome to MySwag, enjoy your stay and keep us updated on the mods and trips

GG

Offline Beefa Toyota

• Tent User
  • Just got to love camping
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »
Welcome also mate, enjoy your camping, who cares what brand, get out there and enjoy

Cheers Beefa
2017 Toyota Hilux SR5 GUN126R
2017 EzyTrail Parkes 13 Hybrid Caravan