Author Topic: G'day...and confusion reigns about what to buy  (Read 2776 times)

Offline bopoulos

• Learning the Ropes
G'day...and confusion reigns about what to buy
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:04:51 AM »
Hi all,
I'm Mr bopoulos. Been lurking about for a while now and thought I would introduce myself.
I was looking at purchasing a CT earlier this year then gave up but I have the bug again. I'm hoping the collective expertise on this forum will help me make the right decision.
My needs at the moment are limited for what I will use it for. Mainly overnight trips over the weekends and possibly a few days or more during the Christmas and Easter break. But that may change in future.
My budget is limited, under 5K and I am looking at second hand trailers but have considered something like an MDC. I know it is a bit of a minefield with the cheaper trailers but that is all I can get at the moment.

There seems to be plenty of second hand trailers around at the moment but it is a matter of getting to see them. The other main thing that I need is a trailer that I can set up by myself as it is only me and the kids.
Is it ok to post links of some I have in mind that are on places like Gumtree etc?
There is currently an 2010 Aussie Camper Aussie Jays with XTRAIL tent available for under 5k I like the look of.
sigh...decisions decisions...lol

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: G'day...and confusion reigns about what to buy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
Welcome to myswag Mr Bopoulos, one thing you're sure to get here is an opinion :) Feel free to post up your options and be prepared for 'opinions'  :cheers:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline bopoulos

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »
Thanks D4D.
I'll start with the Aussie Jays. But there are plenty more around at similar prices.
One thing I should mention is that I am not the handy type so I really cant do much work on anything I get if it needs anything.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-square/camper-trailers/-aussie-jays-off-road-camper-trailer-with-xtrail-tent-vgc-/1078852038

Then there is stuff like this.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-morang/camper-trailers/off-road-camper-trailer-for-sale/1079868067

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:33:12 AM »
Quote from: bopoulos
There is currently an 2010 Aussie Camper Aussie Jays with XTRAIL tent available for under 5k I like the look of.
sigh...decisions decisions...lol
Post up asking for someone local to it to inspect it for you.. This happens quite often round here

they can take 2923048048 photos and videos for you
if its good, you go yourself, if its Shit it saves you the trip

welcome
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:47:33 AM »
I'll start with the Aussie Jays. But there are plenty more around at similar prices.

Of those 2 I'd prefer the Aussie Jays due to it being a known brand with a good reputation vs. unknown.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado