Author Topic: G'Day Swaggers, Thought I'd introduce myself.  (Read 9941 times)

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: G'Day Swaggers, Thought I'd introduce myself.
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
welcome 1HDT,

hope orange is not too cold for you, we lived there for 8 years and still get back regularly (although not between march and october  ;D ) as the outlaws still live there. might have to catch up on one of our warmer trips back

Cheers, Craig
Cheers, Craig

Offline pigd4d

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:11 PM »
Welcome mate, great info on this site
GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY IT-LIVE THE DREAM
CHEERS MICK

Offline kiwipete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
Good to see another 1HDT here....   :)    Welcome
KiwiPete
1991 HDJ80
Explorer Campers & Canvas - Lawson Off Road
http://www.explorercampers.com.au/
Canberra

Offline tojo100

• Swag User
  • all time not spent camping is time wasted
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »
welcolm to myswag 1HDT yes thereare a  lot great like minded people and lots of collective info enjoy, the worst parst of buying a new CT is the wait  8) 8)
100series 4.2 cruiser ultimate camper

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
1HDT, we have a 3 day weekend planned for our maiden journey looking forward to that one. Yes I am hoping the truck will be in on the tues,wed and we can pick up on the Friday after lic etc.

Andy, I think 3 days is perfect. Just enough time to work out a few things, but not too long if you need to come home and fine tune some ideas. Might do the same :cheers:

Welcome 1HDT

Hope you enjoy your stay mate, good to see you getting involved and posting away.

Regards

Jas

Thanks Jas, looks like a very competent set up you have there. Can't get a lot better than a Landcruiser and KK. Well maybe a CC... But I'm probably biased LOL ;D

1HDT

Offline Jason B

• "Mark Goldie recovery team coordinator"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • 80 Series Turbo DX Cruiser, Kimberley Kamper 2013 SE
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
Thanks Jas, looks like a very competent set up you have there. Can't get a lot better than a Landcruiser and KK. Well maybe a CC... But I'm probably biased LOL ;D
1HDT

Thanks 1HDT, I just need to add the T to the cruiser and she'll be all smiles mate. Have looked at CC's and they are an impresive bit of gear. Looking forward to my next move once the kids get a bit older. Not sure what it will be yet.

Regards

Jas

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »
welcome 1HDT,

hope orange is not too cold for you, we lived there for 8 years and still get back regularly (although not between march and october  ;D ) as the outlaws still live there. might have to catch up on one of our warmer trips back

Cheers, Craig

Your not wrong Craig, bloody freezing. I'll never forget the week we moved here we got 3.5 inches of snow on the 3rd day :laugh: but it's all good, we love it. Gympie would be a bit warmer for you. Let us know when you are due back and we might be able to have a beer.

:cheers: 1HDT

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
Your not wrong Craig, bloody freezing. I'll never forget the week we moved here we got 3.5 inches of snow on the 3rd day :laugh: but it's all good, we love it. Gympie would be a bit warmer for you. Let us know when you are due back and we might be able to have a beer.

:cheers: 1HDT

Haha you should move to Bathurst mate its always consistantly 1 degree warmer than Orange.  ;D

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
Thanks 1HDT, I just need to add the T to the cruiser and she'll be all smiles mate. Have looked at CC's and they are an impresive bit of gear. Looking forward to my next move once the kids get a bit older. Not sure what it will be yet.

Regards

Jas

I know what you mean Jas. I've got a HZJ105 as well without any induction and she is a slow old girl. Live axle though as you would know... Will go just about anywhere.

I've recently read the high country thread from Darren and Gunna Du (I think, sorry if that's wrong) "you can't tow a camper trailer through there trip" and was very impressed with how the KK went. Made me start to wander whether the CC would following in the same tyre tracks ??? Not sure if would perform as well as the KK.

1HDT

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »

Haha you should move to Bathurst mate its always consistantly 1 degree warmer than Orange.  ;D

LOL ;D

Offline Jason B

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
Mate I read that thread also, great read.

I reckon the tug has a fair bit to do with it for something like that. Double lockers, lots of winching etc. Also a little less regard for the gear and taking the risks, however calculated would help. I believe Darrens KK is well used and sports quite a few battle scars. However it has taken him and the Fam to some amaizing places.

We will have to catch up somewhere one day mate. At least if we taravelled somewhere in convoy my 1HZ wouldn't be holding you up. I have a thread on the old girl in the my 4wd section. You should post up some pics of your when you get a chance.

Regards

Jas

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
Thanks tojo100 (cool name), kiwipete and pigd4d.

1HDT

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
I reckon the tug has a fair bit to do with it for something like that. Double lockers, lots of winching etc. Also a little less regard for the gear and taking the risks, however calculated would help. I believe Darrens KK is well used and sports quite a few battle scars. However it has taken him and the Fam to some amaizing places.

Yeah that's very well put. I agree completely. Like any new truck or toy, when's it's new and shines I am a bit reluctant to break it. However after a while when it is a little more used I'm not afraid to have a go. Yeehar, serious high country trip in a couple of years then!

We will catch up I'm sure :D I will check out your 4WD thread and post some pics when I can.

:cheers:

1HDT

Offline Daawl

• Tent User
  • Always trying to get out & about
    • Lightning Ridge Police Bush Safari
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »
Welcome 1HDT to Myswag. congrats on the purchase and cant wait for the pics to start flowing.

good to see another central westie popping up :)

There is a few others around and we are talking about a get together at Lake Burrendong (probably Mudgee side) when the weather warms up a touch.

Would be good to see you out there.

Daawl

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »
Thanks Daawl

;D

1HDT