Author Topic: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last  (Read 68836 times)

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
5 weeks ago I purchased a steal color coded ARB deluxe bullbar for $2500.00, and was told 3 weeks to fit it.  I thought this is ok and I went ahead with the deal paying the required deposit to start the process off and get the bullbar into the paint shop. 

After 3 weeks and excited to get the bar fitted, I rang ARB and was told the bullbar will not be ready for a further 2 weeks.  5 weeks later and still excited, the day before the second planned fitment day I was told the bullbar had still not been painted and again no bullbar fitting day in sight. (you can guess where the anger meter read)  As a result of this I politely requested my deposit back which they agreed and I advised them that maybe TJM would prefer my business.

After getting off the phone from ARB who obviously make so much money and don't care about customer service obviously before or after sales.   I then spoke to a very helpful fella at TJM who offered me a T13 steal color coded Outback bullbar fitted for $2332.00.  Bullbar is booked in to be fitted on 26/06/2015, with no problems.       

ARB are clearly in the mind set that their customers can just wait, or alternatively they just don't give a rats **** because they have that many people buying their products why should they care.  Who else has had problems with ARB's customer service, or is it just me.

I can tell you one thing for certain they will never get one more cent from me, which annoys the crap out of me because I like ARB gear.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:16:23 PM by Sixpack »
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

KingBilly

Re: Not the first stuff around from ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »
I have been buying ARB products since the early 80s and never had an issue.  Now TJM, don't get me started  >:(  My TJM story sounds a lot like your ARB story  >:D  I guess each company has its problems and we all just have to find what suits ourselves.  Hope your TJM bar gets fitted as promised and it fulfills your requirements.

KB

Offline Colmano

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Our trip to Cape York: www.rifftotip.wordpress.com
    • Follow our trip to the Cape...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 04:54:50 PM »
Yeah that's dissapointing...I havent had anything but good experiences with my local ARB, so I feel for you...Has the delay had anything to do with the recent Brissie Supershow ?? - Did they take too many orders ?? - Generally I find there's a bit of a delay 'post-show' down here in Sydney due to an increase in orders...I've also found myself pushed back a little due to fitment to new vehicles direct from dealers, which is obviously a source they wish to retain...regardless though, 5 weeks + is a bit of an ask...The TJM gear is just as good, so hopefully that goes all good for you..Make sure we get some pics once fitted up  :cheers:
2010 Toyota Prado GXL V6 4.0i - 2015 Jayco Swan Outback
Check out our recent 2016 trip - Penrith to Uluru: www.rifftorock.wordpress.com

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:59:41 PM »

ARB are clearly in the mind set that their customers can just wait, or alternatively they just don't give a rats **** because they have that many people buying their products why should they care.  Who else has had problems with ARB's customer service, or is it just me.

I can tell you one thing for certain they will never get one more cent from me, which annoys the crap out of me because I like ARB gear.

So, to get this correct.  They agreed to supply you a product.  They make a mistake and the supply was delayed, and they refund you your money back no argument.

Disappointing but hardly worth creating a thread about it.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »
I have been buying ARB products since the early 80s and never had an issue.  Now TJM, don't get me started  >:(  My TJM story sounds a lot like your ARB story  >:D  I guess each company has its problems and we all just have to find what suits ourselves.  Hope your TJM bar gets fitted as promised and it fulfills your requirements.

KB
yea, first time I threw a snatch strap over the NEW TJM bar on the patrol, the paint 1/2 wore off... no wonder it was cheap

but $2300+ for a bullbar these days??? WTF?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 05:13:45 PM »
So, to get this correct.  They agreed to supply you a product.  They make a mistake and the supply was delayed, and they refund you your money back no argument.

Disappointing but hardly worth creating a thread about it.

Geez Daz bit hard, coming from someone who created a thread with there nipple in it! Lol

They $&@:Ed you around your entilted to be pi55ed but they did the right thing by you.

I have been treated rather poorly at a couple of ARB stores . I choose not to go in them again.

Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
yea, first time I threw a snatch strap over the NEW TJM bar on the patrol, the paint 1/2 wore off... no wonder it was cheap

but $2300+ for a bullbar these days??? WTF?

The paint on my Pajero ARB bar fell off twice. The color coding on top of the black is or was rather poor imo.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
Well Dazzler I made the thread for friendly conversation.  If you don't like it don't read it.  In regards to money back I don't think they had a choice.  Yes mate ridiculous 3 weeks to fit then 5 weeks to tell me not ready, then how long who knows.  I did'nt start the thread to stir just interest re other dealings. 
Cheers Terry.

The following users thanked this post: Murph

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 05:38:07 PM »
Thanks achjimmy. 
Cheers Terry.

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 05:44:34 PM »
Thanks KingBilly
Cheers Terry.

scarpsD40

Not the first stuff around by ARB, but is definitely the last
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 05:47:40 PM »
I had trouble with ARB several years ago with poor service, limited product availability, taking my name and number, promising to call on 3 ocassions and never following up. Turns out it was all my fault and I subsequently apologised to everyone involved. Apparently owning a Heep wasn't cool and they don't make offroad gear for them.  Silly me;D

I fixed them though. Just to prove a point and get back at them I bought a Nissan and completely fitted it out with as much ARB gear as I could. That showed them.....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:49:39 PM by scarpsD40 »
The following users thanked this post: Bad Scott

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
Not sure about the show Colmano, Yes it is disappointing I have spent a lot of money at ARB.  I would just expect them to be truthful and say possible delays because of what ever reason.  It would not have bothered me as much as my thread bothered Dazzler. 
Cheers Terry.

The following users thanked this post: slave

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
Funny horse
Cheers Terry.

The following users thanked this post: baldheadedgit

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »
Well Dazzler I made the thread for friendly conversation.  If you don't like it don't read it.  In regards to money back I don't think they had a choice.  Yes mate ridiculous 3 weeks to fit then 5 weeks to tell me not ready, then how long who knows.  I did'nt start the thread to stir just interest re other dealings.

Well they did have a choice.  Under the Australian Consumer Law they need to supply the goods or services, if no specific contract date is specified, within a reasonable time.

They could lawfully have kept you hanging a hell of a lot longer.  So, no.  They didnt have to just give it back.

So in the interests of friendly conversation - I was actually being nice.  Posts like yours demonstrate how unreasonable we have become as a society.  We sulk at a moments notice and then sulk even more on social media.  Unless of course you have never ever made an honest mistake in which case, sulk away.

Big Smiley Face  :D
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
Is it really that unreasonable to expect something delivered on time? If it were an elcheapo delivery from china you get what you pay for. You pay top dollar for something, you expect top service. Maybe I expect too much also. At least they offered you a full refund. I am sure they wI'll find another 150 to put it on.
Cheers

Justin

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 06:45:59 PM »
i agree with everyone comments, even dazza's and some of Kingbilly's, not all of it, just some.

I choose not to go in them when ever possible also, i also cant stand TJM for some reason, maybe its because of the very unhelpful staff in the gold coast store, i dont know. I get most of my stuff from opposite lock or through the little guys.

my 2 cents + GST
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »
You a Dickhead Dazzler.  You sound like one of these know it all fools.  You yourself is the reason I don't take part in social media.  I tried this one to communicate with friendly like minded people.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:54:06 PM by Sixpack »
Cheers Terry.

The following users thanked this post: komaterpillar

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 06:50:08 PM »
Sorry everyone else it was not my intention to start a childish debate.
Cheers Terry.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 06:55:07 PM »
Did you ring ARB head office yourself to find out when the next run of 150 bars was due to be made?

Personally I would have waited for the ARB bar and squeezed them for extras due to the delay. This has worked for me before and may or may not be how I have an ARB dual battery system in my Prado 8)

Oh and don't mind Dazzler, he grows on you ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:56:38 PM by D4D »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

KingBilly

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
i agree with everyone comments, even dazza's and some of Kingbilly's, not all of it, just some.

How the hell did you turn that into a sledge against me?  I give up.
The following users thanked this post: oldmate

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »
Dam! Good work d4d I love free stuff :-)
Cheers

Justin

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
Gee Daz, thats a bit harsh calling him a sulk, far more sooking going on in the Rant section.

Yeah I've had a couple of similar experiences with ARB in Newcastle and Canberra. On both occasions i went down the path mentioned by D4D and left the better part of happy. I do agree your experience doesn't represent positive customer service, it certainly wouldn't have hurt them to give you a courtesy call! But as has been mentioned there stuff sells itself anyway.

Cheers,

Disco teddy
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.
The following users thanked this post: Crimso

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 07:15:53 PM »
I just want a bullbar, not a fight. 
Cheers Terry.

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
Wow another thread gone south. I agree with D4D sometimes waiting a little longer can bear you extra fruit. I have had good experiences with ARB so far & have a TJM 5 mins from home yet they clearly don't like my money because everything they quote me cost more than the car! Hopefully you will get good service build good rapport and have found yourself a company you can trust with your hard earned

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

KingBilly

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
I just want a bullbar, not a fight.

What colour you getting it?

KB