Author Topic: Where else to list "FOR SALE"  (Read 6275 times)

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Where else to list "FOR SALE"
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
As the title list, I have our camper up for sale.

Currently it is listed on;

- the best site - MY SWAG
- Patrol Forum
- 4WD action
- Gumtree
- Trading Post

So the question is, for others that have sold campers, where have you had the most success???

Cheers, Craig
Cheers, Craig

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
Re: Where else to list "FOR SALE"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
4x4 earth
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline griz066

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
eBay
Yesterday's Gone, Tomorrow Hasn't Happened, Live For Today.
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=12950.msg192834#msg192834

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »
4x4 earth

eBay

Sold the Tambo via http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader.htm

Cheers guys, a couple I had not thought about........I did look at ebay, however the campers that were listed above ~$15k did not seam to have much interest in them.
Cheers, Craig

Offline blackcat

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • We are the Lucky Blackcats - we own a CT :-)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 05:33:04 PM »
have not used them, but may be worth a try too
http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
 :worthles:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline POD

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just get out there!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 05:42:18 PM »
Craig, I think you  need to be a little patient.

a. You have one of THE best products for sale.

b. Someone will come along when they are ready to purchase, not necessarily when you are ready to sell.

c. I reckon your price is pretty much spot on the $ for this camper so don't keep reducing it and give it away.

d. It's Christmas time. It's really difficult to sell something with that sort of price tag at this time of year, I reckon when the new year starts and people start to look for a good camper you'l have a flood of offers and would be able to sell it 3 or 4 times over.

e. I know yo're really keen to sell and get a new camper (Kimberly is it?) but maybe you just need to be a little patient, enjoy the Camprite for now and then in middle/late Jan REALLY push for a sale through the avenues mentioned. I'm sure they will work.

f. Maybe let Camprite know you have it for sale. If they field an enquiry from someone over East who wants one NOW and maybe doesn't have the $ to spend on a brand new one then they may direct someone your way. Also Broady, who is on the forum here might be able to help. Not sure of his name (GU Broady, I think).

Good luck with it, it WILL sell.
"Never trust an internet quote." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline POD

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Just get out there!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »
:worthles:

He does have pictures in his thread in the For Sale section. But you are quite right, the more pics you can add, the better.
"Never trust an internet quote." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
have not used them, but may be worth a try too
http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/

Have used this site 2 times with success within a week, but as another post did say you have to have the best one available and it will sell. Sold ours to the first person who came to see them.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
i know you already listed it, but i sold my caravan on gumtree. great site but you need to watch the scammers sending you text messages all the time.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline waz65

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »
2000 Patrol TD4.2T with heaps of stuff
2007 Bayside Campers Offroad CT with mods

Offline Silvo

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The grass is greener where you water it..
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »
i sold ours on tradingpost.. people in the know (forums) generally come here after they own one i believe.

however, for something like yours being mainly a WA based company with not a great deal of exposure in the eastern states, you would be wise to place it just about everywhere possible.

also , exploroz should get a look in.

dan
Dan - 2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE and Lifestyle Camper AT10 EVO

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 07:22:57 AM »
Craig, I think you  need to be a little patient.

a. You have one of THE best products for sale.

b. Someone will come along when they are ready to purchase, not necessarily when you are ready to sell.

c. I reckon your price is pretty much spot on the $ for this camper so don't keep reducing it and give it away.

d. It's Christmas time. It's really difficult to sell something with that sort of price tag at this time of year, I reckon when the new year starts and people start to look for a good camper you'l have a flood of offers and would be able to sell it 3 or 4 times over.

e. I know yo're really keen to sell and get a new camper (Kimberly is it?) but maybe you just need to be a little patient, enjoy the Camprite for now and then in middle/late Jan REALLY push for a sale through the avenues mentioned. I'm sure they will work.

f. Maybe let Camprite know you have it for sale. If they field an enquiry from someone over East who wants one NOW and maybe doesn't have the $ to spend on a brand new one then they may direct someone your way. Also Broady, who is on the forum here might be able to help. Not sure of his name (GU Broady, I think).

Good luck with it, it WILL sell.

POD,

Cheers mate, the plan was not to keep reducing the price as it is now where we want it. I thought I would test the waters for a week or so prior to settling on the wanted price. My guess is that it will be quiet over chrissy and may hear more as you suggested mid jan. Already spoken to Broady (damn relations) and he said the market was quiet at the moment and actually gave me the initial listing price.

Thanks again for the good luck :)
Cheers, Craig

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 07:24:54 AM »
i know you already listed it, but i sold my caravan on gumtree. great site but you need to watch the scammers sending you text messages all the time.

Rumpig

It took about 2 hours within listing it on gumtree and tradingpost for the email to come through about being stuck on an oil rig, not able to inspect but will pay via pay pal if we send some clearance money.................  ;D
Cheers, Craig

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »
Rumpig

It took about 2 hours within listing it on gumtree and tradingpost for the email to come through about being stuck on an oil rig, not able to inspect but will pay via pay pal if we send some clearance money.................  ;D

Hah, not sure if any others have kept track whilst listing, but within 24 hours we have now had 3 dodgy inquiries. How gullible do they think we are. These schemes are widely known. I guess some must still be falling for them if they keep trying. SCUMBAGS  >:(
Cheers, Craig

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
Personally I think your almost wasting your time selling somethings this time of year. Most buyers would have bought for the summer season, and most everyone else is broke from Christmas or on holidays.

PS.. you may not think things on ebay are gettin much notice, but I sold sons XR70 week back and there were 20 on there ranging from 300 upwards.. all but 4 were cheaper than mine... had 60 watching and it went off at the end. It all comes down to timing.... I held off for a few months on this one and the only reason it sold was xmas present.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:19:16 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline JethroT

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
I've tried the usual places with no success, however my best position has been in my mates front yard with the camper erected.

I've sold two this way and people pay over the odds when they see the camper erected and get excited about it. 

Hopefully you have a friend with a busy road frontage and who enjoys a free carton.
Regards, Geoff and Michele

Offline ondaboat

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »
Howdy cam_champion

I wish you had advertised it a little earlier and I may/would have bought it. Have just brought a new one in November(grey same as yours). Picked up one of Reg's floor stock he had. I will say I belive looking at previous sales that I think your pretty close to the mark on price maybe a little high but I guess thats for you and the buyer. Relative to what has just sold recently as yours doesn't have fridge & Slide or S/S kitchen included.
From a buyers pespective now that camprite have floor stock that will have to affect resale value due to the fact that if your happy to take a floor stock you can have it now and not have to wait at all. Mate at the end of the day their a great camper and someone will buy it i'm sure, I guess it's just how bad do you want/need to sell it.

Regards Adam

Camprite TL8s towed by 2007 D4D Prado with lots of goodies.

Offline Wato

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 08:47:25 AM »
I've tried the usual places with no success, however my best position has been in my mates front yard with the camper erected.

I've sold two this way and people pay over the odds when they see the camper erected and get excited about it. 

Hopefully you have a friend with a busy road frontage and who enjoys a free carton.

Gday Craig

Drove through Gympie on Wednesday on the way up to Mackay and noticed the camper on the hill with the for sale sign. It was the Patrol parked at the angle that first got my attention. I'm not an expert but if you tried the For Sale sign a bit larger and maybe black on white it may stand out more from the main road. Anythings worth a try.

Good luck

Craig
2003 3ltr Patrol
2003 Camel Beachcomber Camper Trailer

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
Gday Craig

Drove through Gympie on Wednesday on the way up to Mackay and noticed the camper on the hill with the for sale sign. It was the Patrol parked at the angle that first got my attention. I'm not an expert but if you tried the For Sale sign a bit larger and maybe black on white it may stand out more from the main road. Anythings worth a try.

Good luck

Craig

Cheers for that Craig, I will give it a try with additional for sale signs when I get back to work and can make them up :)
Cheers, Craig

Offline eldo

• Tent User
  • Wollongong
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 05:30:31 AM »
in my experience in selling vehicles on the side of the road, most people just want to see a big sign that has the price listed so that they can see what your after from the road without having to pull up, i just purchased a small car for the daughter and i reckon i would of stopped at 100 cars on the side of the road and wasted my time due to no price being up on the sign large enough to see, people aren't stupid either the fact that you have a sign saying $15000 on it obviously means its for sale so the words "for sale" dont have to be on it, also include a smaller sign with all the usual details. good luck with the sale
luke