General > General Discussion

Feel Free to Donate to Keep Myswag Online and Ad Free!

<< < (2/30) > >>

Fizzie:
Jillsy, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before, but how about charging people a small amount (even $1!) to sign-up to cover "admin fees" (always a handy standby :D)

Just had a look at the member list, & so far for 2019, there are 303 new members, + ~1300 for last year.

Surely a few $ from each of them would go a long way to covering costs?

PS Also putting a donation through now! :D

Jillsy:

--- Quote from: Fizzie on April 06, 2019, 08:04:21 AM ---Jillsy, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before, but how about charging people a small amount (even $1!) to sign-up to cover "admin fees" (always a handy standby :D)

Just had a look at the member list, & so far for 2019, there are 303 new members, + ~1300 for last year.

Surely a few $ from each of them would go a long way to covering costs?

PS Also putting a donation through now! :D

--- End quote ---

Your donation has been gratefully received  ;D

Mate yeah it has been discussed before.  People will rarely pay $$$ for something they haven't got to experience yet so having to pay up front is a huge deterrent for them.  We therefore work on the principal that if people enjoy their time here, they will hopefully be inclined to purchase some Merchandise or make a Server Fund donation or similar.  I think our biggest barrier is that people don't consider how a "Forum" is created and that the funds have to come from "somewhere".  Just the other day I received an email from a Member stating "I am a ***insert occupation here*** who loves fishing and camping I share info and get some in return, if I have to pay for being on this site, I would leave the site" .  Just $1 from every member would keep us out of trouble.  That's it...just $1.    :cheers:

McGirr:
Donated

Mark

Jillsy:

--- Quote from: gronk on April 06, 2019, 07:56:03 AM ---What about every member who does donate, donates $10.......then only a tenth of the members need to donate.
Anything less is not worth the trouble of doing the actual money transfer.........and any more is always welcome .. :cup:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your donation Mate - it is so very very appreciated  :cheers:.

Why should only a tenth donate?  That's like 10 people going out to the pub together but only 1 person shouting the drinks.  Just a $1 a Member would be a huge help.  Or purchase a Member Sticker to wack on your Tug  ;D 

Jillsy:

--- Quote from: McGirr on April 06, 2019, 08:32:41 AM ---Donated

Mark

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mark for your wonderful donation - this post was not aimed at you though as you are another of our "high rollers".  Your support of the Forum has been unwaivering and we thank you for it from the bottom of our hearts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version