Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512697 times)

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: We suck at cricket....
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »
Good to see Aussies laughing with each other, good team karma. Some players have finally realized there's no "I" in TEAM

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
Weather is not looking good in Adelaide.  ???
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:23:55 AM by bushbandit »
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2013, 11:11:29 AM »
All over :cup:
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
As happy as I am to see the poms smashed, I still don't have a lot of confidence. But as a cricket lover, I hope the boys prove me wrong!  :cup:

Would still love to see Watson replaced as well as Haddin. The last Aussie to make a test 100 was dropped 4 tests later so maybe history will repeat?!
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
Well done and dusted
 Score two/sh!t.
 :cup:

Offline Malcur

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »
Would still love to see Watson replaced as well as Haddin. The last Aussie to make a test 100 was dropped 4 tests later so maybe history will repeat?!

Strange comment regarding Haddin. As far as I recall, the last Aussie to make a test 100 was Haddin himself in this test. Previously Clarke in same test, Clarke in first test, then Smith and Watson in 5th test in England and before that Chris Rogers in 4th test in England. None of these guys have been dropped yet  ???

Haddin is keeping well and batting well. Why would you even consider dropping him.

Mal

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
Strange comment regarding Haddin. As far as I recall, the last Aussie to make a test 100 was Haddin himself in this test. Previously Clarke in same test, Clarke in first test, then Smith and Watson in 5th test in England and before that Chris Rogers in 4th test in England. None of these guys have been dropped yet  ???

Haddin is keeping well and batting well. Why would you even consider dropping him.

Mal

My bad was supposed to say last aussie keeper. Just can't understand why they bang on about youth then appoint a 37 year old keeper VC. Wade was batting better, but his keeping not up to it I will concede. But Haddin in England not much better.
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

nbd73

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »
Wade was batting better, but his keeping not up to it I will concede. But Haddin in England not much better.

Wade batting better? Evidence.....
 http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=3910
 http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerBatGraph.asp?PlayerID=2707
Now look at the last part of the 2 graphs, and then qualify that against the opposition, the venues, and the circumstantial pressure.

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
I think Haddin is doing a good job with the bat and the gloves. Why dump him when he's playing well?
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline booga

• Tent User
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »
Far out some of these comments make me wonder if perhaps half the posters are in fact poms - whinge much?

Change the topic to we rock at Cricket....

I've not enjoyed a test series as much as the last 2 games in years, The mind games being played by the 'mo' (hes so gotta keep it) remind me of the glory days of Australian cricket and the next test is at the wacca holly smokes look out it's only going to get bouncier and faster...... $100 says Johnson tops 155kph and takes Broads head off.

I doubt England will top 200 for both innings on that pitch, the only chance they had was at Adelaide and they blew that by playing conservative.... dont they understand you have to be aggressive on these fast Aussie pitches? Adelaide being the exception obviously.

Bring it on I say and boo to the neigh sayers

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!
A philosophy of life: to "Relax, it's your Right as a Human Being", "Simplify your Life" and enjoy!

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
Oi oi oi

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
$100 says Johnson tops 155kph and takes Broads head off.

In a Shield game recently at the WACA, Johnson bowled a bouncer that hit the sight screen on the second bounce :cup:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cricket/the-express-pace-of-mitchell-johnson-captivating-a-nation-breathing-life-into-test-cricket/story-fnii0bxd-1226778270491

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:09 AM »
I think Haddin is doing a good job with the bat and the gloves. Why dump him when he's playing well?
I agree. It's interesting that we wants to play on until 2015 World cup. Its a shame Tim Paine got injured as i thought he was looking like a good prospect at the time.
The trouble with/for keepers now is that Gilly set such a high standard, both with bat & gloves, that anyone who follows is always on a flogging to nothing
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
That was a ripper inswinging ball form Johnson that took out Broads foot and his wicket.

The urn is within our grasp, can the poms stand up and win/draw, I doubt it...

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
They should declare now and at least attempt to make a game of it (not that they have chance anyway), not the snooze fest it is now... no point scoring 1200 runs and making it boring as Shit.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Due to the 40+ heat Clarke needs to give his bowlers a rest so they can come out fresh and take 10 wickets. If you can call Warner's 100 a snooze fest then you should be watching 20/20 cricket instead of a test match.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Quote from: D4D
Due to the 40+ heat Clarke needs to give his bowlers a rest so they can come out fresh and take 10 wickets. If you can call Warner's 100 a snooze fest then you should be watching 20/20 cricket instead of a test match.

Maybe its just me, but in any sport I'm happier when its nailbiting than just a one sided boring game. if I had tix to boxing day, I'd give em away.

Then again you'd have got good odds on the poms before game 1... I'll look out for a indian bookie in the crowd...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Thruster

• Sleeping Bag User
Even if we end up 600 ahead after our second innings, it isn't going to be boring to me. I wish I was at home where I could then watch every ball of the Aussies seeking to win the match and put the series beyond doubt. Yes the poms will play boring cricket and try and survive rather than win, but even if we declared overnight, they will still do the same like they did in Adelaide. I would like to see us bat until either just before or just after lunch to sap some more strength out of the Poms in the Pert heat as for the first time in a little while, we have the bowing attack that can win games and win them well. Plus Watson needs some time in the middle to get some form back.

I had the great plessure of a rare lazy day yesterday and nearly watched the entire day's play. Being in QLD, the Perth test is one of my favourites because there's still a few hours play left to be watched after work.

They should declare now and at least attempt to make a game of it (not that they have chance anyway), not the snooze fest it is now... no point scoring 1200 runs and making it boring as ****.

Offline Pog

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Insert personal text here...
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
As happy as I am to see the poms smashed, I still don't have a lot of confidence. But as a cricket lover, I hope the boys prove me wrong!  :cup:

Watson appears to be seeing them alright today...

End of over 77 (22 runs) Australia 295/3
76.6   Swann to Watson, SIX, floated up, Watson is on the rampage and this goes many a mile over wide long-on again. This is like watching a
          man kicking a kitten

76.5    Swann to Watson, no run, pushed through on the stumps, pushed back down the track
76.4    Swann to Watson, SIX, another maximum, into the stands at wide long-on, he came out to the pitch and blootered the ball way back over
           the fence
76.3    Swann to Watson, no run, flatter, on the stumps and defended
76.2    Swann to Watson, SIX, more punishment, this time Watson smokes Swann back over his head and straight into the crowd
76.1    Swann to Watson, FOUR, tossed up and hammered down the ground, easily beating the man at long-on to the rope

Warner has been seeing it alright, Smith, Clarke, Haddin and Rogers all with respectable scores in the last few tests...

The Bowlers are going alright, so I don't see too many reasons to go changing the team just yet, and I reckon that might be Boofs rationale as well. Shows that the rotation policy of the last few years was floored IMO.
2013 Toyota Prado Altitude & Challenge Outback Deluxe Offroad Camper Trailer.
MY PRADO BUILD

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Poms 3/76, at least it is a quick death :cup:

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline booga

• Tent User
The bloody POMS are playing for a draw, I really hate watching this style of cricket so damn boring (ROOT 18 of 88 FFS have a go mate) at least it seams the Aussies are in good spirits and enjoying what will eventually be the return of the Ashes.

And whats with Root challenging his own wicket without even questioning his team mate, just very poor sportsmanship that and all too common

I think the english team gave up TBH barely a captains knock and discipline so low it almost resembles a 12yo game.

Not sure I'd bother watching the boxing day test, but I just brought a 12v TV so I can watch it on Moreton will be too easy to switch it off and go fishing me thinks
A philosophy of life: to "Relax, it's your Right as a Human Being", "Simplify your Life" and enjoy!

Offline Thruster

• Sleeping Bag User
They're temporarily making a game of it at the moment!

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
5 for 228. Knocking on wood.

Offline Thruster

• Sleeping Bag User
I'm with you Muzza - we should still do it. I think the end of the day came at the right time for the Aussies. Refresh overnight, let them sweat it out a bit more and have to start from Scratch again in the morning.

This has been some really good cricket!!!